I just currently updated my storm2 to 5.0.0.607 and it has been working pretty well except for the keyboard in group chat when I first updated. I signed up and was picked for the blackberry messenger beta. bbm beta version 5.0.1.17 and the keyboard bug about not showing up on group chats is gone..This is just something I noticed and if you were picked for the beta then you can use OS 5.0.0.607 with this version of bbm.
    06-14-10 11:08 AM
    Thanks for the info.

Search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 11:11 AM
    Im in the beta program wasn't selected for this one.
    06-14-10 11:11 AM
    It took me a while to get the invitation. How long have you been in the beta program?

06-14-10 11:13 AM
    I signed up early before any software was on the beta website and i was selected when i currently wasn't using blackberry but im back now. I got my keycode this morning
    06-14-10 11:15 AM
    There's not much difference I've noticed. A few minor UI updates but still a decent upgrade.

06-14-10 11:19 AM
    I'm just happy the keyboard bug is gone. but I really like the UI in the chats. Also I read that backing up your contacts and groups was upgraded to work better I think.
    06-14-10 11:27 AM
    For those not in the pgroram it seems to have opened up to everyone and for those wondering what's been fixed:
    This section lists fixed issues for BlackBerry® Messenger 5.0.1.

Chats

If you have BlackBerry® Device Software 4.7.1 or lower on your BlackBerry device, you could not use the spelling checker in a chat.

If a file transfer request expired, you could not receive new files.

File transfer requests expired after a short amount of time.

You might not have been able to send voice notes.

You could not preview a picture before saving it to your device.

The file transfer speed has been improved.

In the Camera application, if you took a picture and tried to send it to a contact, the file transfer in BlackBerry® Messenger did not complete and the contact did not receive the picture.

Temporary files that were associated with pictures that you sent or received were not automatically deleted when you ended a chat.

A picture that you received might have appeared as a white square and you could not receive a higher quality version of the picture.

If you viewed a picture that you received and tried to forward it to a contact from the menu, the contact did not receive the picture.

If you saved a picture that you received from a contact to your device and clicked the thumbnail in the chat, the picture did not display.

If you have BlackBerry® Device Software 4.7.1 or lower on your BlackBerry® device, you could not use the spelling checker in a chat.

General

If you changed your status to Busy, contacts might have continued to see your status as Available.

Display pictures might not have appeared.

After changing the contact list style from 2 lines to 1 line, the recent updates list might have looked scrambled.

If you removed your BlackBerry® device from the holster after receiving a new BlackBerry® Messenger message, the message did not automatically display.

After you add a new contact, the activity updates list indicated that the contact's display picture and display name have changed.

Groups

In group chats, some emoticons might appear to be cut off in messages.

If you tried to join a group by scanning a group barcode, and if 30 people had already scanned the barcode, you received a "This invitation has expired or has already been used by someone else" error message and could not join the group.

If you took a picture with your device in the portrait view and shared it with a group, the shared picture might have appeared in the landscape view instead, or vice versa.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by lyricidal; 06-14-10 at 08:05 PM.
    06-14-10 12:09 PM
    Do you need the keycode for this? I logged in, and got into the BBM program, and I can get all the way to installing it on my device. I'm not pulling the trigger if I need a key to finish the install

edit; n/m i got the keycode email
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-14-10 at 01:28 PM.
    06-14-10 12:26 PM
    Does anyone know if the new updated OS fixes this problem. I am thinking about trying it.
    06-14-10 01:44 PM
    Does anyone know if the new updated OS fixes this problem. I am thinking about trying it.
    Nope bug still there in new OS

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-14-10 01:52 PM
    I needed an activation key to enable the BBM. Took about 2 hours.
    06-14-10 03:12 PM
    After a limited beta program, we're pleased to announce the BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 Beta Program is open to all BlackBerry Beta Zone Members! Please fill out the BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 registration form found under "Eligible Programs" as soon as possible to ensure that we have the necessary information to grant you access to the software. Once you have completed the registration form, we will send you an email containing the activation code you’ll need to start beta testing BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 within 48 hours. Looking forward to having you on board the beta program!

Just saw this when i logged into blackberry.com/beta. Go there and register and let me know if you all can download it
    06-14-10 08:04 PM
    Running the BBM 5.0.1.17 on .713, the bbm group issue is no longer there.
    06-14-10 08:06 PM
    Also I will note that since i updated to this bbm version my memory has been stable at 127.3 MB all day and im on Official Verizon OS 5.0.0.607
    06-14-10 08:08 PM
    Mobilemadness the group keyboard issue seemed like a bbm issue with the newer OS's I think
    06-14-10 08:09 PM
    You're really not supposed to post this information for non testers to see... I would really hate to see the beta program taken down due to these leaks. We were already warned about it once...

06-14-10 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD