Ok so I have a storm and I have a curve. I have been using the storm when I dont have to worry about trashing it and have been using the curve when I have very high odds of trashing the storm. Pretty much I ride alot of Moto X and in one good wreck, I will no longer have a storm.

Having said that, this is how I am doing it now and it takes too long and switches alot of stuff I dont want to switch.

-First I am plugging in both devies
    -Then I back up both devices
    -Then I go into device switch wizard in DM and switch from one to the other
    -I power off the phone I am switching FROM and dial *228 option 3 from the NEW phone.

Once that is done I,

-Send service books
    -Go into "Email Setup" and enter my email password and re-setup my email for the NEW phone ( which sucks because I have 3 emails and LONG passwords)

After that I am done. BUT my main curve settings are different than I set my storm. I have to go through and change the font size, the browser options and it totally tweaks up my home screen on the curve ( on the swap back to the storm it doesnt tweak the home screen, just font size and browser options) I can get it down to a 20 min process but thats just too long! The reason I go through the device switch process is because both are BB devices and when I am done the new phone asks me If I want to switch from PinXXXXXX to PinXXXXXX and I choose yes. I have tried to shorten up the process by just.

-Plugging in both phones
    -Backing up both phones
    -Going into the advance portion of the backup/restore in DM
    -On the left box I open the most recent back up I am switching FROM
    -On the right box, I have the device I am switching TO selected
    -I moved all the SMS, MMS, email and generic options From backup to new device.
    -I power off the phone I am switching FROM and dial *228 option 3 from the NEW phone.

BUT the phone wont recieve emails or texts? The New phone also doenst ask If I want to switch from PinXXXXXX to PinXXXXXX. I also cant acces the "email setup". It just loads and loads and loads and says that it cant access the network.

Is there any way to shorten up this process I have already dropped my storm a few times because I didnt have time to switch and forgot the case. I figure at $20 for a new curve 8330 vs $50 for insurance claim it doenst seem like to bad an option?
    02-22-09 12:56 PM
    Umm...have you ever heard of leaving your phone in your vehicle when you are riding MotoX. It's not like you are going to be able to talk on the phone when riding anyways.
    02-22-09 01:35 PM
    Umm...have you ever heard of leaving your phone in your vehicle when you are riding MotoX. It's not like you are going to be able to talk on the phone when riding anyways.
    I think auto is right I want to switch back and fourth from my old device to my storm also but way to long of process auto that's probably the fastest way if you want faster you would have to switch carriers and use Sims

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:52 PM
    Hmmm, well I figured the reason why I wanted to switch didnt need to much explanation (as it doenst help or hinder the switching process) but here goes.

I am a 12v electrician by trade, I also have a side business custom building cars. I also am a MSF (motorcycle) safety instructor. I service all my own cars, motorcycles ect. I also ride, race dirtbikes and ride alot of dual sport events (trails through long sections of woods).

Having a phone on you at all times is nice.

Not having to touch the screen of the storm and trash it when im filty dirty is nice.

Swapping from the storm to the curve monday morning before I go to work and back to the storm on friday isnt bad. Plus it gives me time to tweak with the os's and such.. I mean its not like any os is 100% stable so when I want to mess with my storm and still want to answer calls its also nice to switch..

Why I want to switch doenst matter. I just would either like a program that chooses what I want to switch or the correct files to switch in the advance part of the back up/ restore in DM.

Im new to BBs and started with the storm.... But after playing with the curve, I love it tool. Man I love them both!
    02-22-09 02:15 PM
    I feel for your addiction. Just bought a 8900 Curve and will have to do a flex pay month plan for another carrier so I can enjoy that phone to lol. But sorry, I cant answer your question.
    02-22-09 02:19 PM
    your a str8 up *****
    02-22-09 02:29 PM
    What about call forwarding the storm # to the other phone with a line on it and have all your email on that one to

02-22-09 04:26 PM
    That's a lot of hassle to go through.

BTW, to shorten the task of getting your email on there, you need to create a BIS account name and password and then simply log into that account and hit Change Device. It'll ask for the PIN/ESN of the new device to transfer email settings to. It makes that part easier.

The big problem here is that your other screen/keyboard settings don't really mesh well between these two devices because they are so different. If you want my personal opinion... you're really complicating things here.

Here's a better solution. Buy an Otterbox. BlackBerry Storm Defender Case // OtterBox.com Use it when you need the extra protection. All else fails, leave your phone behind.
    02-22-09 05:03 PM
    Gmil- Not really sure what your saying?

SKY1- I was going to go this route but after some research, it will only forward calls.

Civic-thanks for the info on the BIS stuff. Anything to shorten the process helps. I can get by with only changing the settings when I am going to use each app that needs a chang vs doing them all up front.

Thanks guys.

02-23-09 12:43 AM
    your a str8 up *****

well you're a straight up loser talking random **** on a blackberry forum. go find a hole to put your **** in, maybe relieve some stress.

*****!
    02-23-09 01:09 AM
    Both you guys should stay on topic.

I guess its to be expected that some will always have issues? Lol..

02-23-09 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD