I bought a BB Storm from someone but it was used....it is unlocked because my T-mobile card works inside...but on the dial screen there is the persons old phone number on it...( it says " MY NUMBER ***-***-**** ) ....is there any way to delete that or change it to my number ?

please someone help...I tried looking through the HELP and How to forums but could not find this problem

thanks
    03-14-09 08:58 PM
    Try hitting ## 000000 and hit send. It should then let you change your number.
    03-14-09 09:05 PM
    what is CDMA service ? Entering my cell number will it affect it in any way ? What about the other settings ?

thanks
    03-14-09 09:30 PM
    what is CDMA service ? Entering my cell number will it affect it in any way ? What about the other settings ?

thanks
    Hmm not sure about that maybe another user can shed some light on the subject.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 09:34 PM
    Dont know if this is your problem, but it might help
    if you go to

Options>Advanced options>Sim card
    it should read

ID: *************

Phone Number:

********** (line 1)

what phone number shows up?
    if its the last owners number you can edit it to yours by clicking the blackberry menu button and click edit sim phone number

enter your number and you should be away laughing
    03-14-09 09:48 PM
    i checked and its my phone number on my sim...but on the screen where you dial the numbers it displays " my number ###-###-#### " the old number of the person before
    03-14-09 10:20 PM
    Dont worry about the CDMA settings. Because you are using it on T Mobile, you are basically using the GSM Band and not the Verizon/Sprint CDMA Band.

Im not positive that this wont screw somethign up in the future if you were to try use it on Verizon or Sprint though, so still, be cautious....

If you are planning on just using it with T Mobile though, then you should be safe since it is only using the GSM settings.
    03-15-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD