05-26-09 01:03 PM
44 12
tools
    Have you tried crackutilities yet. It will wipe your phone and then applauncher should put what ever os is installed on your pc on yur phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:22 AM
    crack utilities? no I haven't...
    05-26-09 02:25 AM
    Its a very useful program. Do a search for it. Might also be called crackmemory

05-26-09 02:27 AM
    Jlcmder will do the same thing to

05-26-09 02:28 AM
    Okay, I'm not sure if this will work for you, but it sounds like you're having the same problem as me, so try this. Install .148 leak onto your computer. Replace Java folder in the OS on your computer with the new Java folder by LY. Now download and run the hybrid. Use the Shrink-an-OS from the Java folder.

This worked for me. I kept getting errors. My OS would not show up on DM or app loader and I didn't know what the problem was. I got this dial-up error. It was annoying. Finally I tried this and it worked. Good luck.
    05-26-09 02:32 AM
    Thanks guys but I'm done. I give up, I officially hate RIM and the fact I have to piece things together to try and make my phone work correctly. Thank you for your help but it seems useless at this point.
    05-26-09 02:39 AM
    oops nvm...
    05-26-09 02:43 AM
    Try forcing the os upgrade it worked for me and I was definitely frustrated . The how too is in the noob sticky

05-26-09 02:50 AM
    Try forcing the os upgrade it worked for me and I was definitely frustrated . The how too is in the noob sticky

I would def try to do that.... Its a great tutorial
    05-26-09 02:51 AM
    I've done that. It's how I got my phone to finally find itself after it nuked itself. But it's not finding .122
    05-26-09 02:58 AM
    I've done that. It's how I got my phone to finally find itself after it nuked itself. But it's not finding .122
    Since your profile shows Verizon as your carrier... I have to ask...

did you delete the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml file, and then trying apploader?
    05-26-09 07:11 AM
    What I had to do on my laptop with Windows Vista was save the OS to desktop as location. For some reason that's the only way it would recognize that I had a new OS saved. Good Luck!
    05-26-09 07:25 AM
    What I had to do on my laptop with Windows Vista was save the OS to desktop as location. For some reason that's the only way it would recognize that I had a new OS saved. Good Luck!
    interesting will try that for future updates if i run into that problem again
    05-26-09 07:44 AM
    I spent several hours today with almost identical problems trying to upgrade my replacement Storm to .148 - finally, as a last resort, I deletedvendor.xml and TADA! - OS suddenly showed up!
    Kinda weird since I'm on VZ and I had already done this upgrade on my old Storm without deleting vendor.xml.

Anyway, give it a try - worked for me.

05-26-09 08:21 AM
    Thanks guys but I'm done. I give up, I officially hate RIM and the fact I have to piece things together to try and make my phone work correctly. Thank you for your help but it seems useless at this point.
    wait...aren't you trying to install an unofficial leaked os? say what you want, but i think we are close to an ota.
    05-26-09 08:52 AM
    Did you try the Vista tweaks in the sticky Vista tweak thread ?
    05-26-09 09:03 AM
    yes I deleted the vendor file, i'll try putting it on the desktop and no I don't know of any vista tweaks, I'll look into it.
    05-26-09 11:55 AM
    I GOT IT!! No clue how I just went through all the steps of deleting and re-installing it and app loader finally found it. Thanks everyone. Woo .75 is back in the grave where it belongs.
    05-26-09 12:58 PM
    I GOT IT!! No clue how I just went through all the steps of deleting and re-installing it and app loader finally found it. Thanks everyone. Woo .75 is back in the grave where it belongs.
    Hehe Congrats!!!! Amazing what a little sleep, coffee and a hand full of patience can do. Welcome to the real world of the Storm not the graveyard .75 Verizon Storm,.
    05-26-09 01:03 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD