my fone powers down when i receive texts it dont do it all da time but enough to **** me off does anyone kno how or y it does this and how to fix it
    05-13-09 09:38 PM
    1) use spell check
    2) punctuation helps
    3) welcome to crackberry
    4) what OS are you running?
    5) welcome to crackberry
    05-14-09 01:59 AM
    Actually powers down or do you just mean that it doesn't respond for about half a minute? If it doesn't respond then that was an issue with certain OS's...I'm thinking like .109 to .114 was when I was having that problem. I've never heard of a Storm powering down...they usually either don't respond or they reboot. Or is reboot what you mean?

Patches, I'm following you!
    05-14-09 02:26 AM
    Actually powers down or do you just mean that it doesn't respond for about half a minute? If it doesn't respond then that was an issue with certain OS's...I'm thinking like .109 to .114 was when I was having that problem. I've never heard of a Storm powering down...they usually either don't respond or they reboot. Or is reboot what you mean?

Patches, I'm following you!
    i guess it rebooting cuz i push any button and it loads all over again and i dont know which os i got but da fone is only like 2 weeks old
    05-14-09 08:29 AM
    if you don't know what software you have it has .75

still need to spell check and use punctuation

i'd suggest you go read the "how to" parts of the website and check back to us with any questions you have after that. they'll be able to explain it better than anyone could here.
    05-14-09 12:41 PM
    if you don't know what software you have it has .75

still need to spell check and use punctuation

i'd suggest you go read the "how to" parts of the website and check back to us with any questions you have after that. they'll be able to explain it better than anyone could here.
    how would using spell check and punctuation keep my phone from turnin off
    05-14-09 09:42 PM
    It wouldn't, but it would be easier for us to read and not hurt our eyes.
    05-14-09 09:47 PM
    oh! i got you now. ya'll mean on in the forums. my bad i didn't know that made a difference. it's just easier and faster to type like i text. sorry
    05-14-09 09:51 PM
    its all good mac,
    we just cant follow what you're saying, it gets annoying. and your phone has spell check and auto-correct on it, smart phones make you look smarter through typed communication.

if you let them

so did you figure out how to upgrade your OS in your other thread?
    05-14-09 10:54 PM
    yeah i did, but i'm going to wait until tomorrow to try. i still got to find another os. Do u recommend any versions?
    05-14-09 11:15 PM
    yeah i did, but i'm going to wait until tomorrow to try. i still got to find another os. Do u recommend any versions?
    4.7.0.65 has been a great OS for many users.

Some may disagree but it was my first ever loaded OS!

05-14-09 11:20 PM
    Seriously though just call Verizon. Not really sure if any OS will keep what's happening from happening.
    05-14-09 11:21 PM
    thanks jetman i might try that one first. i appreciate it.
    05-14-09 11:23 PM
    i'd say .132 or .141...you can always try 'em both yourself, best way to learn is by doing it.
    05-14-09 11:29 PM
    thanks jetman i might try that one first. i appreciate it.
    No no...listen to patches...the higher the better...haha I was kidding
    05-14-09 11:30 PM
    i'd say .132 or .141...you can always try 'em both yourself, best way to learn is by doing it.
    well i've looked around a little bit more and read some threads about the .113. what is your thoughts on this os? Also would any of these os's improve my battery life? ok...one last question where would i look to get the officials leaks for any of these os's....if there is any?

thanks homies
    05-15-09 08:51 AM
    .113 has some service impacting bugs that you'll notice way more than with other builds, and its a little on the slow side in comparison.

battery life depends on usage, and what apps you leave running.

official = leak/beta
    official gets a shiny gold sticker from the carrier, each one approves its own official based on its testing and requirements, so what's official for one fails for the other.

good questions
    05-15-09 10:39 AM
    oh ok thanks for the information. well i noticed you are using the same phone, so what os are u running? if you don't mind me asking. and where can i get these os's from?
    05-15-09 01:03 PM
    oh ok thanks for the information. well i noticed you are using the same phone, so what os are u running? if you don't mind me asking. and where can i get these os's from?
    i use either .141 or a hybrid.

i'd say start with .141 until you're more comfortable with the device and how it works, and start to learn some of the more advanced stuff.

PM me and i'll explain hybrids to you if you want.

the download link for .141 is in the storm OS discussion threads...
    05-15-09 01:06 PM
    ok i'll start with that one like you said since you seem to know what you're talking about. i'm at work right now using my phone for the internet, so i'll download the os later on tonight. thank you for all your help and knowledge on this matter, and i'll let you know how it goes bro
    05-15-09 01:17 PM
    "fasho"

is not longer than 10 characters
    05-15-09 01:18 PM
    hey patches! i just installed os .141 on my phone. and now i'm going to call that *228 that i'm suppose to do...well thats what i read on this one thread. so is there anything else i need to do?
    05-15-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD