I'm a rookie here. What does BUMP mean? Is there a thread on acronyms so I can get up to speed? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 09:53 PM
    They post bump to make the thread move higher up in the listing. Its not the word bump that does this... They are doing this to bump it up in the ratings and rather than saying something intelligent they just say bump.
    12-17-08 09:55 PM
    It's not an acronym, it's just someone "bumping" the thread up to the top of the list.

Edit: Looks like bthoward beat me to it.
    12-17-08 09:55 PM
    LOL. I think you mean n00b, not noon. Anyways check out Appendix:Internet slang - Wiktionary
    12-17-08 09:58 PM
    imho wtf is up w/ acronyms
    12-17-08 09:58 PM
    And it is considered poor forum etiquette to bump your own thread just because you feel that people haven't responded fast enough. You can't always expect to get an answer within minutes of posting something.
    12-17-08 09:59 PM
    And it is considered poor forum etiquette to bump your own thread just because you feel that people haven't responded fast enough. You can't always expect to get an answer within minutes of posting something.
    I guess that depends on what kind of thread it is and how urgent you need it. 99% of the time bumping your own thread is dumb, but there is that 1% when it actually is needed.
    12-17-08 10:02 PM
    I guess that depends on what kind of thread it is and how urgent you need it. 99% of the time bumping your own thread is dumb, but there is that 1% when it actually is needed.
    Its NEVER actually needed to just type BUMP. If you want to move yourself up higher try providing more information or explaining your situation better. Just typing BUMP is poor form in general.
    12-17-08 10:07 PM
    This n00b has been educated and thank you all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD