I have had the Storm since it came out the first day. Ported from AT&T and left my Unlocked Rogers Bold for the Storm and Verizon.

First and foremost... I am very very pleased with Verizon's Network. Because of that I am staying regardless of my experience with the Storm.

The Storm improved vastly with the .75 release and I am sure it will continue to improve as later FW releases come out.

But man oh man.... I miss my Bold. It was fast, great screen, loved being able to start typing someone's name from the home screen, hit menu, then either call, SMS, Messenger... type my message and send. That aint happening with the Storm.

Yeah.. the Bold is big.... but its bad and beautiful. I miss you Bold.
    12-07-08 12:40 PM
    The one thing I like about Verizon is the fact calls do not drop. I had an iPhone that I was relatively happy with - except for the constant dropped calls. I ported back to Verizon and a Storm, hated it, and now using my Curve on Verizon.

My question to kilofox - what was your experience with calls dropping on your AT&T bold?

Thanks.
    12-07-08 12:51 PM
    The one thing I like about Verizon is the fact calls do not drop.
    I must be missing something here, my Storm is dropping calls, not a lot, but it has... It only does it in certain areas, but I will have 4-5 bars of service
    12-07-08 12:55 PM
    I've had Verizon since I was in 7th grade, and I'm now a senior in high school. I have never ever had a dropped call.
    12-07-08 12:56 PM
    j-fox... I had the iPhone too (2G & 3G) they dropped calls almost everyday. Bold was better, however even with the Bold I could not use the phone in the any room on the backside of the house. The reception just wasnt there.

Totally different with Verizon. Great reception and EVDO whereas no 3G on the West Michigan shoreline (Muskegon, Grand Haven).

The Bold was fantastic, the 8900 Curve looks great too. Whichever one Big Red gets next year I would suggest you give it a look.... I know I will.
    12-07-08 12:58 PM
    I did not keep my Storm long enough to know if it was dropping calls - it was hard enough to answer, as the screen answer button would not work, and I'd have to press the hard button about 10 times before the phone would answer.

I've been with Verizon for about 10 years or more. NEVER had a dropped call that I could attribute to the Verizon service. I've used the Qualcomm Smart Phone, any number of Treo's, and a bunch of Blackberrys. All had no problem with dropped calls.

For me - it does not matter how cool the phone is, it still needs to be a PHONE - so, dropped calls cannot be the norm for me.

So - that's why I'm curious about the Bold. Since I don't have a contract with Verizon or AT&T, I can pretty much go where I want, so I want to use the best phone I can find on the most reliable network.
    12-07-08 01:01 PM
    I was about to drop my Bold to go for the storm but this thread is just one of another many that convinced me to stay...
    12-07-08 01:21 PM
    I was about to drop my Bold to go for the storm but this thread is just one of another many that convinced me to stay...
    Smart man.
    12-07-08 01:23 PM
    Yes, the BOLD exceeds the Storm in ease of use, for sure. Everything is so quick, and with all of the bb shortcuts, you can really fly on it. Add simultaneous voice and data, and the phone is a winner.

But then you add At&t drop calls, and the dilemma begins....
    12-07-08 06:06 PM
    The network bashing is getting old.Ihave a Iphone 3g on att (only and only because I have the luxury of having a BB other places) a storm on verizon,and multiple work phones with sprint. They ALL have their issues in their problem areas. I have no dropped calls on any of my phones and the storm has only minor issues here and there. The Iphone ahh ya its a nice toy and has good call quality and after you get used to the no copy/paste,mms, and multiple web crashes its just fine. So maybe before you decide on a phone you should check which network actually has the best coverage in the areas you tend to be in.
    12-07-08 06:28 PM
    I am glad you see the true importance of a great network over a particular handset. shows you know what is truly important and welcome to VZW.
    12-07-08 06:32 PM
    loved being able to start typing someone's name from the home screen, hit menu, then either call, SMS, Messenger... type my message and send. That aint happening with the Storm.
    if you bring up the keyboard on the home screen and type, it takes you to the phone app... but not the contacts screen. I'm sure that's just a bug they will fix. Why would it take you to the numberpad when you're typing a name?
    12-07-08 06:39 PM
    I've had Verizon since I was in 7th grade, and I'm now a senior in high school. I have never ever had a dropped call.
    I feel old. When I was in highschool cell phones looked like bricks and only very rich people had them.
    12-07-08 07:21 PM
    I have had cells phones since 1993 and have kept them all when upgrading to others . Its funny the first phone was a big old flip phone from motorola then as time went on they did get smaller and smaller so now we are on our way back up to bigger and bigger phones . Damn first phone was bigger than my land line handset is now. Back them also ony adults had cell phones and now kids as young as first graders have them , if i told my parents even when i stated high school i need a phone they would have did more thaqn laugh at me , never did dream back then that we be paying almost 200 bucks a month as a family for a cell phone plan
    Last edited by Albanycrackhead; 12-07-08 at 07:36 PM.
    12-07-08 07:32 PM
    Yes the Bold on Verizon would be Super Nice.
    12-07-08 09:52 PM
    Yes the Bold on Verizon would be Super Nice.
    Agreed!!!!
    12-07-08 09:55 PM
    I had both the Bold and the Storm for 2 weeks to give each a fair shot prior to making my decision on which to keep.

You couldnt pay me to use the Storm again. The Bold exceeds the Storm in every way possible, this is my opinion only, of course.

I am in South Jersey and have dropped to EDGE -one time....I get excellent coverage in my house and office. I have no complaints about ATT's coverage and I LOVE my Bold.
    12-07-08 09:59 PM
    I am glad you see the true importance of a great network over a particular handset. shows you know what is truly important and welcome to VZW.
    Erm..VZW literally ='s my girls Tmobile in our condo. AT&T works perfect in here I dont know why!

Im sticking with the storm i Live in a major metro area and it works just about everywhere same as every other carrier lol.
    12-07-08 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD