LMFOA

really? they invented this market? ever heard of get it now apps? don't try to tell me the iphone invented the idea of an app store, cuz get it now was before that and i'm sure others before that. they may have streamlined it, but don't say the originated the idea.

u need to get the crutch out from under the iphone

the iphone:
    1. is not the first with an app store
    2. is not made by god
    3. was buggy as h3ll for a very long time
    4. did not have an app store right away
    5. is a nice phone, but not what many others want

and the storm is selling VERY well. i have no doubt it has already hit 1 millions sales worldwide, so u'r saying developers would be stupid to put effort to make an app for 1 million and growing storm users? it'd be stupid NOT to develop for the storm...
    Good way to put it phillypharm. Also, for the rest that praise the iphone soo much, go back to the news of when they first came out both the 1G and 3G and lets see how many problems there were and are still there. Im surprise ppl ignore this even though they were all over tv and news but have you seen anything like that on the storm?? hmmm!!!!. Also, biggest issue, taking more than 2 HOURS to connect the damn phone, and you had to do it at the store, when i connected my storm I did at my house watching tv and didnt even take more than 20 min and I got it next day 11\22\08.
    Last edited by SVTPERFORMANCE01; 12-22-08 at 08:12 AM.
    12-22-08 08:09 AM
    The only thing I miss about windows mobile were the variety of free apps. But then again if I think about it those apps were really aimed to make the OS better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 08:16 AM
    U know it just occured to me and I am sure u developers are aware of this. U are gonna have to exercise extra diligence
    for the games u develop not to take up too much phone resource along with providing an enjoyable experience. I am sure u guys are aware of this but I just thought I would throw it out there.
    12-22-08 08:45 AM
    Honestly if I was a developer I would not be taking the storm seriously yet.. Yes it's only been a month since launch but right now I think the storm could either be a success or failure in the market it depends on how quickly RIM/VZW fixes the issues with this device. I'm waiting for the day when my friends / colleagues start cracking jokes about my phone. At this rate it could be soon.
    12-22-08 09:16 AM
    Honestly if I was a developer I would not be taking the storm seriously yet.. Yes it's only been a month since launch but right now I think the storm could either be a success or failure in the market it depends on how quickly RIM/VZW fixes the issues with this device. I'm waiting for the day when my friends / colleagues start cracking jokes about my phone. At this rate it could be soon.

Ummmmm ya might wanna rethink that one check this out.............

Its all about the bucks baby

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/not...s-call-120017/
    12-22-08 09:35 AM
    I completely agree with this! I have been telling my bosses to brace themselves for the storm wave of apps, but so far my foot is in my mouth because we dont get a SINGLE request. NOT ONE

To put it in comparison, las week alone i discussed close to 60 new app ideas with prospects for the iphone. Not a single call for a storm app. AND none of those 60 guys wanted to hear anything about the storm.

I dont know why. I too think its foolish to ignore the storm app center, i think it will be huge son and to ignore it now is just dumb.
    Since youa re in the know, Howmany Iphone app ideas did you discuss with prospects 4.5 months BEFORE the App store opened?

I'm just wondering if the prospects/producers/developers are holing off until there is a proven delivery mechanism in place?
    12-22-08 10:01 AM
    You ******, do some ******* research before you start *****.

The storm has the LOWEST return rate of ANY phone that verizon has EVER came out with.
    and you should be banned for attacking the OP like that. What would possess a person to do that? There must be some serious issues.
    12-22-08 10:04 AM
    I agree that was rather mean spirited
    12-22-08 10:16 AM
    Since youa re in the know, Howmany Iphone app ideas did you discuss with prospects 4.5 months BEFORE the App store opened?

I'm just wondering if the prospects/producers/developers are holing off until there is a proven delivery mechanism in place?
    its tough to say because the iphone SDK was only release less than a year ago ... so the second it was released, developers and companies were frantic to get their apps out.

the next biggest thing on the iphone will hopefully be a multi-process functionality! The Storm already has it i believe, but it really cripples the iphone. I bet its in the works
    12-22-08 10:18 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD