that hard to create applications for?? It's been out for a month now and nothing new in the applications world and the ones that do exist are mostly struggling with BETA software. Do they honestly expect us to wait until late spring for an app store??
    12-21-08 10:27 PM
    BTW growing VERY tired of battery pulls!!! A million more pulls than I had with my 8830 on 4.5.
    12-21-08 10:29 PM
    apple didnt have an app store for the iphone for quite some time. considering the click touch technology (if thats what you wish to call it) is new to cell phones, it makes a developers job that much more involved. give it time. a month is not a long time at all for a phone to be out. i think the app store for the iphone was not released until a year after the initial release of the phone, but i could be wrong, however i know there was a good amount of time in between the two.

as far as your battery pull problem- 1) an update (try .83 leak if you havnt, or wait for an official which is sometime in january) could fix whatever problems your having, BUT 2) if youre really having to pull the battery as much as your saying, then you could possibly have a bad device and should get a replacement.

be patient.
    12-21-08 10:33 PM
    There is some stuff on CB that u can by. Hey stuff will be out; visit CB apps store it will take care of your desire. They have some pretty cool apps here check it out.
    12-21-08 10:36 PM
    seriously, the iphone was out for a year before the app store... a month is NOT that long to be out so just relax. u already know the app store for the storm isn't even due out until march-may 2009. if u can't wait, then get a diff phone...

and get soft reset or quickpull...
    12-21-08 10:39 PM
    Nah, I'm running .83 OS. The device just isn't close to being stable. I tried to fool myself and say its not that bad but it is. The lags here and there are agitating. Still not sure why they would release a phone with this many issues. Again, its getting better but damn this isn't a cheap phone to where you can say, oh well I'll just wait for an update....after update...after update until its running the way it should at release. Now I'm eating my words, I was one of the ones who was so anxious to get my hands on it I thought I could deal with the updates, etc... GROWING TIRED!! The only thing is I LOVE this phone and the potential is there. The sad thing is there isn't another touch screen offered that I would take over the Storm. I guess I'll keep sucking it up and wait for RIM to eventually get it right. Imagine how much lower the return rate would have been had they only had their OS together!!
    12-21-08 10:40 PM
    that hard to create applications for?? It's been out for a month now and nothing new in the applications world and the ones that do exist are mostly struggling with BETA software. Do they honestly expect us to wait until late spring for an app store??
    Why don't you try developing an app of your own and find out just how hard it is or isn't? And it's one thing if you're only going to support the Storm with an app, but if you're going to try and also support all the other BB devices out there, it's a whole other story.
    12-21-08 10:41 PM
    Why don't you try developing an app of your own and find out just how hard it is or isn't? And it's one thing if you're only going to support the Storm with an app, but if you're going to try and also support all the other BB devices out there, it's a whole other story.
    That's what I'm asking "is it that hard"?? I'm not a developer, nor do I understand anything involved in developing applications.
    12-21-08 10:44 PM
    Nah, I'm running .83 OS. The device just isn't close to being stable. I tried to fool myself and say its not that bad but it is. The lags here and there are agitating. Still not sure why they would release a phone with this many issues. Again, its getting better but damn this isn't a cheap phone to where you can say, oh well I'll just wait for an update....after update...after update until its running the way it should at release. Now I'm eating my words, I was one of the ones who was so anxious to get my hands on it I thought I could deal with the updates, etc... GROWING TIRED!! The only thing is I LOVE this phone and the potential is there. The sad thing is there isn't another touch screen offered that I would take over the Storm. I guess I'll keep sucking it up and wait for RIM to eventually get it right. Imagine how much lower the return rate would have been had they only had their OS together!!
    lol pholey, .83 isn't even official, so the likelihood of bugs is VERY high, i'm gonna downgrade back to .75 in a bit. but did u ever have an iphone? do u realize how many bugs it had. imagine what u face now, but magnified by 10 and do that for an entire YEAR. granted the storm isn't perfect, but at least it LAUNCHED with more features than the iphone and can build on them
    12-21-08 10:45 PM
    instead of whining, you can wait like everyone else... what is making a stupid thread like this going to do?

we are all waiting, whether we mind or not.
    12-21-08 10:47 PM
    Thank you guys for your support!! I am going thru a Crackberry low right now!! Just getting agitated by my Storms lags, battery pulls, lack of apps, etc... I just want it to run like it was planned to run. Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer!
    12-21-08 10:47 PM
    You ******, do some ******* research before you start *****.

The storm has the LOWEST return rate of ANY phone that verizon has EVER came out with.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 12-22-08 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Language
    12-21-08 10:48 PM
    That's what I'm asking "is it that hard"?? I'm not a developer, nor do I understand anything involved in developing applications.
    um, then ur question doesn't make sense. if u'r honestly asking if it's hard, then u have no basis to say/imply that a month is a long time to develop for a phone.

u shoulda just had the thread titled "is the storm hard to develop for?" and then ask how long it takes to develop an app, not have an annoyed tone in ur post (IMO).

i'm sure it's hard, but i woulda thought it'd be a lil easier since blackberry OS's r very similar. but again, many companies may be trying to innovate with the touchscreen.
    This is by far the most idiotic post on the forums, and thats saying a LOT because there are some pretty effing dumb post on here.
    instead of whining, you can wait like everyone else... what is making a stupid thread like this going to do?

we are all waiting, whether we mind or not.
    BLAH BLAH BLAH
    12-21-08 10:49 PM
    BLAH BLAH BLAH
    case in point.
    12-21-08 10:51 PM
    This is by far the most idiotic post on the forums, and thats saying a LOT because there are some pretty effing dumb post on here.
    Are you a developer?? That's what I thought!
    12-21-08 10:51 PM
    and Pholey22 wins the award for worst poster.
    12-21-08 10:52 PM
    Then maybe you should take the fact that there are relatively few apps as an indication.

Besides that, what specifically does your phone not already do that you want it to do? Not once has anyone who's complained about a lack of apps been able to answer that simple question.
    12-21-08 10:52 PM
    calling him names and saying this is an idiotic post isnt going to help at all. but OP this a first generation of touch phones from blackberry, not to mention the first phone with the click screen... so the bugs it has are because of the fact its the first of its kind for RIM. and as someone else stated, iphone had sooooo many problems when it was launched. i know its a pain to keep waiting for fixes but thats whats to be expected when you get a new device like this. as i said before, be patient. when the phone is working 110% perfect, you can be proud that you have it, if you're not already.
    12-21-08 10:53 PM
    True and I suppose a lot of developers are waiting for the OS to become more stable.
    12-21-08 10:54 PM
    Ap news is a cool app? Works great with the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 10:54 PM
    Do all the internet tough-guys assemble on the storm forums or something

12-21-08 10:55 PM
    calling him names and saying this is an idiotic post isnt going to help at all. but OP this a first generation of touch phones from blackberry, not to mention the first phone with the click screen... so the bugs it has are because of the fact its the first of its kind for RIM. and as someone else stated, iphone had sooooo many problems when it was launched. i know its a pain to keep waiting for fixes but thats whats to be expected when you get a new device like this. as i said before, be patient. when the phone is working 110% perfect, you can be proud that you have it, if you're not already.
    Thanks and you're right name calling is not necessary. Simply question are apps that difficult to make? One would think with all the touch screen phones on the market...lack of huge change to BB's OS, you might think that it shouldn't be that hard. Again, I don't know thats why I'm asking.
    12-21-08 10:57 PM
    Do all the internet tough-guys assemble on the storm forums or something

LOL one would think!! You can tell most haven't hit puberty yet...never know what phool you might be chatin with on here!
    12-21-08 10:59 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD