Thanks Dave, this makes the app a keeper until they update the app with a patch.
    cool--you're welcome!

I liked the app so much, I began experimenting to see how to get the keyboard to become responsive, and from that, I provided the method that I just copy/pasted for you.

I absolutely love being able to dictate an email--that is just too awesome to not use!
    04-23-10 08:48 PM
    My keyboard works just like normal with the app installed.
    04-23-10 10:12 PM
    My keyboard works just like normal with the app installed.
    The keyboard issue is only present when you compose an email with Dragon running.
    04-23-10 10:38 PM
    For some reason, it's not letting me d/l it from Appworld.

Does anyone have a direct OTA link?
    04-23-10 10:39 PM
    I actually installed appworld SPECIFICALLY so I could get Dragon.

what issue are u getting when u try to get it from appworld?
    04-23-10 10:45 PM
    When I get to the app. d/l page, I don't have a "download" link.

Instead, it says "This application is not avaliable on your device or for your carrier"

JUST upgraded to 607 tonight.. Using 9550 on Verizon.

VERY CONFUSED!

Thanks for your help.
    04-23-10 10:52 PM
    When I get to the app. d/l page, I don't have a "download" link.

Instead, it says "This application is not avaliable on your device or for your carrier"

JUST upgraded to 607 tonight.. Using 9550 on Verizon.

VERY CONFUSED!

Thanks for your help.
    you are using appworld; correct?
    04-23-10 10:58 PM
    Yup. Blackberry Appworld

don't know why it's causing isses..

Just trying to reinstall all my apps (got everything so far except this)
    04-23-10 10:59 PM
    The keyboard issue is only present when you compose an email with Dragon running.
    I compose an email and Dragon is ready to go and my keyboard works 100%. The keyboard is up from the get go.

Am I missing something as to why it doesn't work for you guys?
    04-23-10 11:00 PM
    I can't duplicate how I did it, because its already installed (thru appworld), so when I search for "dragon for email", I don't get any result, but the app shows up on the "MyWorld" page in appworld.
    04-23-10 11:01 PM
    I compose an email and Dragon is ready to go and my keyboard works 100%. The keyboard is up from the get go.

Am I missing something as to why it doesn't work for you guys?
    it seems the keyboard won't respond when a field is empty. once you speak something into whatever field the cursor is currently in, then the keyboard becomes functional.
    04-23-10 11:02 PM
    yea, when I search for it in appworld, it doesn't show up either (although it was earlier today).

I've been getting the direct link to the blackberry download page from.

Dragon for E-Mail, Dragon Dictation, Dragon Search Apps from Nuance

(wondering if the "limited avaliability" is finished)
    04-23-10 11:03 PM
    I removed it because it was very difficult to edit e-mails
    04-23-10 11:07 PM
    it seems the keyboard won't respond when a field is empty. once you speak something into whatever field the cursor is currently in, then the keyboard becomes functional.
    Hmm. That is odd. It does not act that way on my phone. My keyboard is fully functional no matter what.
    04-23-10 11:07 PM
    yea, when I search for it in appworld, it doesn't show up either (although it was earlier today).

I've been getting the direct link to the blackberry download page from.

Dragon for E-Mail, Dragon Dictation, Dragon Search Apps from Nuance

(wondering if the "limited avaliability" is finished)
    gee, that would suck if it's no longer available!

Sometimes when I'm in the Appstore on my Touch, something will show as "free for a limited time", so if it looks promising I'll download, try it out, and then tell my wife about it ASAP because I've seen apps go from free to pay in a matter of hours. Same thing with free books on Amazon. Gotta strike while the iron's hot. I missed out on a free novel that she downloaded to her touch because I didn't jump on it the same day.
    04-23-10 11:08 PM
    Hmm. That is odd. It does not act that way on my phone. My keyboard is fully functional no matter what.
    which OS do you have? I've got an S2 on 607
    oh, nm- your sig says hybrid.
    04-23-10 11:08 PM
    Well damn.

I was hoping that someone might have BBSAK and will be able to back up and upload the jad file for download/install.

04-23-10 11:14 PM
    I just checked this morning, the app is still there. Search for Nuance (the company that makes the app) and it comes right up.

I use Dragon in my work and it's interesting that at least some of the commands work in the blackberry; for example if you say "new line" it will automatically drop down to a new line in your dictation.

One thing I have noticed, if you are in a poor phone reception area without reception, the app is a dog, very slow and difficult to use efficiently. It would be nice to be able to toggle it off and on as desired.

Mike
    04-24-10 06:22 AM
    It's weird,

I typed in "Nuance" and i got 0 search results

I typed in "Dragon" and i got 4 results (but none of them Dragon for email)

Looks like they pulled it from Appworld.

or Appworld just doesn't like me/my phone.
    04-24-10 10:47 AM
    Funny, I JUST got an email from Nuance Support, it is as follows

NuanceMobilitySupport to me
    show details 11:48 AM (0 minutes ago)

Hi,

Unfortunately, we experienced important issues on that device for several customers. As a result we removed temporarily the download link for that device. We're currently working on theses issues in order to put back this download link available as soon as possible.

I'll inform you once I get a confirmation that the download is accessible

Regards
    Julien
    04-24-10 10:49 AM
    Wow,
    The problems weren't that big compared to some others I've had (i.e. Vlingo) that would warrant pulling the app. Hopefully they'll update it quicker than Vlingo (still waiting for months now).

Mike
    04-24-10 01:30 PM
    ah. thanks for the info. I've been trying to get Dragon for my wife's phone, but the SMS and email requests for the download link, haven't resulted in an email or SMS to her phone, and as someone mentioned, it's no longer coming up in appworld. now I know why. I sure haven't found any show stoppers in the app, so far. The keyboard issue is easy to resolve, IMO, in the version currently on my phone.
    04-24-10 10:46 PM
    Now when you go to Dragon for E-Mail, Dragon Dictation, Dragon Search Apps from Nuance , they send the email, but the link in the email, that opens in your browser has a link that opens up appworld, but unfortunately, the app description says "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier". SO we have progressed from no emails being sent upon request, to appworld showing the item, but it's not downloadable. Maybe next week, they'll get it working again. In the meantime, it works good enough on my phone.
    04-24-10 11:33 PM
    Now when you go to Dragon for E-Mail, Dragon Dictation, Dragon Search Apps from Nuance , they send the email, but the link in the email, that opens in your browser has a link that opens up appworld, but unfortunately, the app description says "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier". SO we have progressed from no emails being sent upon request, to appworld showing the item, but it's not downloadable. Maybe next week, they'll get it working again. In the meantime, it works good enough on my phone.
    I just hope they're more responsive than Vlingo (admitted a problem in December, no resolution 4 months later), which I would have purchased if they had resolved the volume change issues on the Storm that it caused. Arguably, the Storm is the ideal platform for Dragon due to the absence of a physical keyboard. I would love to have the ability to use Dragon in text messaging, and blackberry messenger as well. I suspect that will be in a paid version which I would purchase. I use the product daily on a laptop at work, and while not perfect, it flat out works.

Mike
    04-25-10 06:52 AM
    I had to remove it, it never seemed to understand a lot of what I was saying. Might have just been the way I talk. I think it was a great product, but without the ability to "train" it to my voice it just never got everything correct. And some of what it came up with were sentences i wouldn't want to send out to my contacts, lol
    04-25-10 10:35 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD