I got my replacement today from Verizon for the lack of autofocus on my camera. Everything on my Storm works great which is why I waited so long to tell them about the camera. When it comes down to it, I'd rather have a great working phone and a **** poor camera than give it up for a junk refurb.

What came today was just that. A junk refurb. It even has paperwork from the "Refurb" department. The screen click was horrible, light bleed around the screen, and IT CAME with dust under the screen. BUT, the camera works great.

So I proceded to disassemble both units and swap the camera/main button boards. Now I have a perfect Storm. I did have to make sure I swapped all the stickers since the camera is mounted on the same metal piece that has the ESN number, and pin.

Just thought I would give people hope that if they get a refurb, check out a disassembly video on YouTube:

and try to make your own perfect Storm...
    Last edited by deepsky94; 01-05-09 at 09:57 PM.
    01-05-09 09:46 PM
    you my friend are very daring individual. I wouldn't have the cahones (sp?) to take apart my storm. I have to give it up to you
    01-05-09 09:51 PM
    um your amazing thank you...
    01-05-09 09:53 PM
    I got my replacement today from Verizon for the lack of autofocus on my camera. Everything on my Storm works great which is why I waited so long to tell them about the camera. When it comes down to it, I'd rather have a great working phone and a **** poor camera than give it up for a junk refurb.

What came today was just that. A junk refurb. It even has paperwork from the "Refurb" department. The screen click was horrible, light bleed around the screen, and IT CAME with dust under the screen. BUT, the camera works great.

So I proceded to disassemble both units and swap the camera/main button boards. Now I have a perfect Storm. I did have to make sure I swapped all the stickers since the camera is mounted on the same metal piece that has the ESN number, and pin.

Just thought I would give people hope that if they get a refurb, check out the disassembly video on YouTube:

and try to make your own perfect Storm...
    Very sweet video... amazing dude!
    01-05-09 09:54 PM
    Nice!
    01-05-09 09:55 PM
    Very sweet video... amazing dude!
    Just to be clear, I did not make that video. I just edited the origianl post to be more clear. Rather than say "the disassembly video", I changed it to say "a disassembly video"
    Last edited by deepsky94; 01-05-09 at 09:59 PM.
    01-05-09 09:57 PM
    Balls my friend. Nice job!
    01-05-09 09:57 PM
    i like how a guitar pic is one of the tools used
    01-05-09 10:00 PM
    it doesnt look like a guitar pic to me.. mor a tool looking thing..
    01-05-09 10:01 PM
    wow you're a brave one...congrats
    01-05-09 10:02 PM
    Oh, and I found that the T6 torq driver that is in the video, and on other posts seemed to small for the screws, but the T7 was almost too big. I ended up going with the T7 and used a little pressure to get it to hold tight. That way I kept from stripping any screws.
    01-05-09 10:02 PM
    props man props...no way i would attempt that
    01-06-09 12:38 AM
    No way would I even THINK of trying anything like this. Props to you man.
    01-06-09 08:45 AM
    Good video, but too advanced for me (I'm a software guy ).
    01-06-09 10:37 AM
    Wow. You my friend are a ballzy man!
    01-06-09 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD