I emailed Verizon via their support page last night asking about pricing of an Incredible on a 1 year contract instead of 2 ($269 with a $100 mail in rebate, she told me). Since I have been with them since 2003, the lady kindly bumped my new every two from 7/21 to today! I just verified online. Psyched! She sent me a lengthy email with information that didn't seem to be form-letter type stuff. It was specific to my questions.

Anyway, I have always had a good experience with Verizon with questions and warranty replacements, and I wanted to pass this along as a kudos to Verizon. So, I guess I'll check the local store at lunch time!
    05-10-10 10:36 AM
    I emailed Verizon via their support page last night asking about pricing of an Incredible on a 1 year contract instead of 2 ($269 with a $100 mail in rebate, she told me). Since I have been with them since 2003, the lady kindly bumped my new every two from 7/21 to today! I just verified online. Psyched! She sent me a lengthy email with information that didn't seem to be form-letter type stuff. It was specific to my questions.

Anyway, I have always had a good experience with Verizon with questions and warranty replacements, and I wanted to pass this along as a kudos to Verizon. So, I guess I'll check the local store at lunch time!
    Wonder if you could upgrade thru Wirefly, they have their upgrade pricing for the Incredible is at $189 with a couple of extras... (note both Verizon Online and Wirefly have the Incredible on back-order, Store stocks are going to vary so you may want to call before heading down to pick yours up)
    05-10-10 10:55 AM
    Well, I don't know WireFly. I did check out the store and they were sold out. I figured they would be, but I didn't mind checking it out just in case. Would have been a nice surprise. So I just ordered the Incredible on a one year contract. Here's to hoping it ships before 5/29!

Edit: The order status says I should receive it in 2-3 business days.
    Last edited by BSG75; 05-10-10 at 02:27 PM.
    05-10-10 02:19 PM
    Anyway, I have always had a good experience with Verizon with questions and warranty replacements, and I wanted to pass this along as a kudos to Verizon.
    We've always been happy w/Verizon's service but their pricing is a big OUCH! We pay over $200 per month for two phones, that's nuts in our opinion. But since hubby travels daily, we don't have much choice - the other services don't have the coverage. Tried Sprint - bad news for where he travels, dropped calls, unable to make calls. Thought about trying AT&T but from my research they don't have the coverage either. They keep running off at the mouth about their download speed. Guess they forgot that a phone is supposed to communicate first, download 2nd and they seem to have that backwards, LOL! Don't have a clue about US Cellular's coverage yet, still have to check into that.
    06-07-10 06:37 AM
    I've got a pretty clear opinion about vzw:

-Online/OTP tech support is top notch, always helpful
    -In-store associates would rather not have to deal with me, and I could learn as much from them as I can on the spec card attached to each phone.

Again, that's just how it's gone with me. Glad to hear you had a good experience!
    06-12-10 09:13 PM
    I'm a dedicated Verizon Wireless Customer. i'm not leaving them just to get an iPhone... I expect some day they'll get it, and I'll give the iPhone a try, but until then I love my Storm 2 and the Verizon Wireless Service!
    06-13-10 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD