I love the Blackberry platform. I like email handling, texting, etc.

In general, though, I really think the Storm isn't quite there - technology leads by a nose and for me keeps my Storm one of the most frustrating pieces of technology I've ever owned. I want to love it for it's raw performance, but I just can't. Not great speed, too many reboots and battery pulls, not enough memory to use it's capabilities.

This is not a comparison thread. If I wanted an iPhone I'd have one - but I'm a VZW person so the Storm or something else. I'll prbably try the Strom 2, but with my Storm experience I'm already tainted.
    08-13-09 09:32 PM
    go get lyricidals .151 OS hybrid
    08-13-09 09:33 PM
    Are tou using anything .151
    08-13-09 10:20 PM
    Metalman,

I agree with you. There are times the phone works well and is amazing...and there are times when I feel it's the worst piece of technology I've ever invested in. Since upgrading to .151 I must say things have improved significantly.

The Storm clearly has great potential but RIM has just dropped the ball over and over again. From the slow browser to the lack of hardware graphics acceleration to the limited application memory...if only RIM had used their heads this phone could have been so much more.

Oh well, I'll do my best to enjoy it for now!
    08-13-09 11:21 PM
    The Storm is still not ready for prime time, ~8 months after its release, completely unacceptable.

I would steer clear of the homemade hybrid OS, they are even worse.
    08-13-09 11:25 PM
    I like my Storm.

It's been pretty good...

But the 8GB memory card that comes with it...only thing it's good for is keeping pics, vids and music on...basically....
    Otherwise all that room is a waste...same goes for the 1GB onboard memory...
    And only 128mb for app memory...and after the basics are all said and done on there...you're left with like 40mb....
    Not enough room at all for downloading apps.....

Thats where iPhone has the advantage....its a massive hard drive!

However...I HATE the the keyboard on the iPhone...the SurePress screen on the Storm is awesome,....I can actually know what I'm pressing!

I also like the Blackberry OS platform better.
    08-13-09 11:33 PM
    I don't know what it is with this phone it is really moody day by day but afterall it is a smart phone so just like humans it has mood swings.

Storms a great device iphone has its downs. Look how long they had to wait for mms
    08-13-09 11:49 PM
    My Storm has been very solid for me since getting it at the end of February. It came with .75 and while it did have its quirks, they didn't bother me at all. On the hardware side, everything was in great working order when it was handed to me. I'm an engineer, so I had no qualms tinkering with the software.

The part I like best is that I got to see it progress into the great device it is today. It started with only its default apps, but Storm apps started flooding the CB App Store pretty quickly. It's almost like having a little sibling and watching them grow up.

I do have to say that I'm leaning towards getting a Zune HD to handle my multimedia while I wait for RIM to update the OS a bit. Don't get me wrong, the default media player does its job very well. But after seeing the multiple videos of the Zune HD, the gadget guy inside me won out.
    08-13-09 11:50 PM
    My Storm has been very solid for me since getting it at the end of February. It came with .75 and while it did have its quirks, they didn't bother me at all. On the hardware side, everything was in great working order when it was handed to me. I'm an engineer, so I had no qualms tinkering with the software.

The part I like best is that I got to see it progress into the great device it is today. It started with only its default apps, but Storm apps started flooding the CB App Store pretty quickly. It's almost like having a little sibling and watching them grow up.

I do have to say that I'm leaning towards getting a Zune HD to handle my multimedia while I wait for RIM to update the OS a bit. Don't get me wrong, the default media player does its job very well. But after seeing the multiple videos of the Zune HD, the gadget guy inside me won out.
    Lol zipster I'm on the level of your comment.
    08-14-09 12:30 AM
    well with .148 my phone runs smooth, doesn't reboot or freeze, no memory drain, and i can run all of the apps i want, but i don't want very many of the ones that are out...there are wap sites that i'd rather use for most purposes...but IMO the storm is on par with the RIM standard of previous devices with .148, now i'd expect the standard to improve with a device like this, but if it can do the same things that my curve and pearl did, then i'm happy...the screen and camera improvements enough make me happy, and to be away from that horrid trackball is only icing on the cake!
    08-14-09 12:43 AM
    I couldnt agree more with this thread...

I too have a love/hate relationship with my Storm.

I would have nothing other than the BB Platform and VZW. Without them, the Storm to me would be a paperweight.
    Im dissappointed that I have to resort to cutting up an old credit card and placing it under my battery in order to get a good screen click amongst all the other homeade band aid attempts several of us have had to resort to to correct the issues on this phone.
    Once I got my first BB years ago, I knew I could never go back to anything other than a BB. The VZW network is also unmatched for coverage...... the Storm just needs some attention and loving to make it better
    08-14-09 05:35 AM
    I couldnt agree more with this thread...

I too have a love/hate relationship with my Storm.

I would have nothing other than the BB Platform and VZW. Without them, the Storm to me would be a paperweight.
    Im dissappointed that I have to resort to cutting up an old credit card and placing it under my battery in order to get a good screen click amongst all the other homeade band aid attempts several of us have had to resort to to correct the issues on this phone.
    Once I got my first BB years ago, I knew I could never go back to anything other than a BB. The VZW network is also unmatched for coverage...... the Storm just needs some attention and loving to make it better
    It does suck that some storms don't have a good click and some have to have a paper addition in battery cover to help click...but once you do that its fine...that would be the only issue hardware wise with the storm otherwise I can appreciate its scratch resistant screen and durability. The bad things about this phone hardware wise are not really that bad compared to hardware issues with other phones. These phones were built to endure heavy usage physically. That to me is a plus. In my eyes what was originally lacking was the operating systems ability to function properly. They have finally got it up to standards for the more technologically advanced users. We must remember statistics show the average cellular consumer has low standards. (picky techies are found at crackberry like me and maybe you). So hardware wise to the general population these blackberries are susceptible to lasting longer where as phones strictly made for the average consumer with lower hardware standards would be ok with the short physical life span of let's say an itouch.

This is my opinion based on general analysis.
    08-14-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD