I really really love the storm so far and that isn't the problem...the problem I'm having is that there are no programs out for it. I need epocrates and other medical programs and it'd be great to get XM Radio mobile for blackberry (I can't use the work-around for this since I have a Mac).

Do you guys think that this will quickly change....any ideas? I really haven't been big into high tech cell phones before now so I'm not sure how quick they are with this and IF they will even update these things.

Great great phone though...I don't know what all the complaining about the touchscreen and typing is, works for me

Thanks guys
    Cory
    11-24-08 05:09 PM
    I think the official RIM app store is not slated for launch until March, so it may be some time.
    11-24-08 05:15 PM
    Both these things are already out for blackberry though...do you think they're waiting for the app store?
    11-24-08 05:17 PM
    Any other ideas?
    11-24-08 05:52 PM
    In that case, they're probably just waiting for the respective developers of the apps to get caught up in terms of Storm compatibility.
    11-24-08 05:53 PM
    I guess I'm just hoping its not going to crumble and be forgotten like some devices...although I would assume everyone on this forum has the same wish
    11-24-08 05:58 PM
    Well you don't have to wait for the app store, you can just go directly to the site to download it, given you know the site. But a lot of the companies are reformatting their apps for the storm now. Just do a little search on google.
    11-24-08 07:15 PM
    Got refunded from Epocrates since BB version does NOT work with Storm.

Last update was:

Question: Does Epocrates support the BlackBerry Storm?

Answer:

Epocrates Rx is not currently available on the Blackberry Storm. We are actively working on a compatible version and expect it to be available by early 2009.
    This is deal killer. I will be trading in for a Samsung Omnia on 12/8 in the AM!!
    11-26-08 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD