I posted the following in another post as a reply to someone's questions and I thought that a positive post should balance out all the negative ones. What I post below is personal experience and I'm hoping those with similar experiences will post them to show that not all storm users are having bad experiences and that we aren't just "casual" users who don't put our phones through their paces...

"...Yes, to each their own is the sentiment that should prevail. My reasons for posting about the storm are simply to provide the other side of the story to contrast against those who are busy trashing it.

I've had the storm since the second day of release. I bought the storm even after reading the dismal reviews and playing with the demos in the store. My reasoning was that the storm had the solid hardware that I wanted and that any issues with software would be fixable as updates came. Out of the box with .65 it was definitely not fun to play with. However, with the first official update, performance improved significantly. I opted to follow those on crackberry who used beta OSes and I've been happy ever since.

I use my blackberry for many various tasks. I watch movies, browse the web extensively, post on message boards, keep track of my schedules, use nav4all for gps when I drive, text message, check all my email, edit word/excel files, check weather/temperatures daily, message friends via facebook/bb messenger, look up movie times, look up businesses/phone numbers when I'm outdoors and lastly I play word mole religiously.

After the amount of usage that I've gone through with my storm, I can honestly say that I am happy with the storm. I enjoy being able to find software from several communities of people (crackberry, blackberryforums, etc...) who are more than willing to help troubleshoot any problems that may arise.

What irks me is the people who spend their time criticizing the phone even after they've given it up without experiencing the changes that are introduced as time goes on. It would be much like someone who hasn't owned an iphone in a year and a half saying the iphone is as crappy as it was a year and a half ago in terms of bugs/glitches without accounting for the updates in software and hardware that have come along."

<Edit> I typed this post on my storm on opera mini.
    Last edited by ocgreenmachine; 04-02-09 at 07:43 PM.
    04-02-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD