Thought I would change it up a bit, too much negativity in this section. I have had my Storm since release date and the phone works like a charm. I havent had any major issues with the phone at all. I am new to BlackBerry phones so a few n00b mistakes here and there but over all, this phone is totally ftw. LOVE IT!
    12-09-08 09:34 AM
    Are you sure you don't want to return it and go back to your previous phone? It sucks really bad and its hard to type on and it lags and there are so many bugs I mean the phone is just unbearable to live with. It barely even has any apps for christs sake.
    12-09-08 09:36 AM
    Are you sure you don't want to return it and go back to your previous phone? It sucks really bad and its hard to type on and it lags and there are so many bugs I mean the phone is just unbearable to live with. It barely even has any apps for christs sake.
    Do I sence some sarcasim?
    12-09-08 09:37 AM
    I was hoping you would take it that way
    12-09-08 09:38 AM
    Um? The post above me? uhh yeah? first of. the phone is BRAND new .. everything has problems thats why we have updates... umm im on my phone right now and im typing like a beast.. maybe your fingers are to fat=) App store? everyday i come on this fourm there a new app ... and also in jan 09 the app store is going to expend .. you got a bad phone pretty sure.. thanks for your opion.. dream i agree with you this **** is the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 09:40 AM
    Um? The post above me? uhh yeah? first of. the phone is BRAND new .. everything has problems thats why we have updates... umm im on my phone right now and im typing like a beast.. maybe your fingers are to fat=) App store? everyday i come on this fourm there a new app ... and also in jan 09 the app store is going to expend .. you got a bad phone pretty sure.. thanks for your opion.. dream i agree with you this **** is the best!

Settle, it was a joke man.

Lets get back to being positive!
    12-09-08 09:41 AM
    I've pretty much come full circle with the Storm. Out of the box, I loved it. Then as I used it more, I began to get annoyed with certain things and considered taking it back. But it was oh so sexy looking, so decided to be patient and let RIM and VZW work out the few, relatively minor kinks. Then after updating to .76, I'm totally loving it once again. It is, in my opinion, the best smartphone Verizon has in its current lineup.

Last night sealed the deal. I pulled it out (my Storm that is) in front of a group of my buddies and fired up the BabylonAD trailer. They were completely blown away. The one guy's like "Holy shi1t! It's like a freaking mini plasma TV. Incredible!" And so he then starts passing it around to everybody who just stared and marveled at the Storm's amazing screen and finally asked, "That's a phone?!?" So yeah, the Storm is definitely one sexy attention grabber. I'm keeping mine. Go get your own.
    12-09-08 09:50 AM

HaHa too funny. That was total sarcasm. If you go look at my past posts you will see I love my storm
    12-09-08 09:51 AM
    opps =) <3 Isnt it great? LOL i feel like a jerk=)

12-09-08 09:54 AM
    I guess we are some of the lucky ones. I was very iffy on getting a touchscreen ever, but I wanted to give the Storm a shot, and I have been happy with the decision. I have not had any issues with clicking in the corners, camera issues, or any of the other problems people seem to be reporting. The only issue I was having was with the accelerometer being slow, and the new update helped greatly. he next one will probably be even better.

Damn, I feel like a cheerleader.
    12-09-08 09:54 AM
    Yes I LOVE my Storm. I've had it for like a day but so far so good. Even before I updated from .65 OS, everything was running smoothly.
    Guess we're lucky?
    12-09-08 10:01 AM
    picked mine up on the release day as well, waited out the OS that came with it (still liked the phone) and now with .76 installed i think its the best phone i ever had
    12-09-08 10:03 AM
    I think most people are too picky and are never satisfied with anything.
    12-09-08 10:09 AM
    I also think that some people fail to remember that this is a FRIGGIN PHONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... ok sorry mobile device. Remember when cell phones were 12 inches? Remember when there was no texting? Come on people.
    12-09-08 10:13 AM
    Bunch of whiners on here. I'm glad I gave it a shot. At first after reading on here I was second guessing getting the Storm. Then once I got it I was wondering what all the complaining is about. It's a great device! Have you ever bought anything in your life that was completely perfect in every way? You can't expect that. Engineers design the way they see fit and then tweak things throughout the product life cycle. So if you are on the fence like I was, give the Storm a shot! I don't think you will be dissapointed.
    12-09-08 10:22 AM
    I wouldn't say too picky some are really overboard but just expecting a phone to run fine isn't being picky. I honestly feel that RIM should have not released the phone till Jan. Yes the video playback is amazing, the over all look of the phone is awesome. I think in a few months this phone will be awesome.
    12-09-08 10:22 AM
    Compared with the several other BBs I've owned, this had by far the buggiest OS and the highest instance of Hardware problems.

That said, my replacement came yesterday, I loosened the torx screws a turn, updated to .76, removed VVM and VZNAV and the phone is much better. The camera and photo ap is still waaay slow, and there are definitely still bugs slowing down the OS, but it is at least a servicable device. But I love the network. I down loaded Orb last night, and I watched TV on my commute in this morning - fantastic!
    12-09-08 10:31 AM
    I down loaded Orb last night, and I watched TV on my commute in this morning - fantastic!
    DANGER ON THE ROAD!!!!
    12-09-08 10:39 AM
    haveing used many touchscrean phones in the past (the last 3 were htc models and the first was motorola) i was torn between the iphone and the storm and all i can say is omg did i make the right choice, the phone is fast, its sexy, the screen is super, and although i havent actually used the iphone in my heart i know ive made the right choice. blackberry fo life fool
    12-09-08 10:46 AM
    I wouldn't say too picky some are really overboard but just expecting a phone to run fine isn't being picky. I honestly feel that RIM should have not released the phone till Jan. Yes the video playback is amazing, the over all look of the phone is awesome. I think in a few months this phone will be awesome.
    No guarantee that any issues anyone is experiencing would have been resolved in January either. And they would have missed the holiday season (they are after all in the business of making money). If the Storm truly turns out to be an unmitigated disaster, it will be reflected in RIM's business performance. If the phone is that horrible and everyone is returning it, it will help sink the company, especially given the expectations. Somehow, I don't think that's happening. However, we'll see when they release quarterly results and give guidance for fiscal 2010 on Dec. 18. Of course, the worldwide financial crisis has weakened demand for phones overall, so that will be a factor, too, but I think on net, this has been a gain for them and Verizon Wireless.
    12-09-08 10:48 AM
    I just got mine last night and so fat I love it. A couple small complaints but its getting better.

12-09-08 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD