hi...iam new to this whole smartphone world...so far i love my storm 2...the only problem that i have is that iam getting little white specks under the screen of my phone...there in the upper right corner of the screen...iam wondering if it is pocket lint??? again iam new to the whole smartphone world...ive had this phone for 6 months, so if anyone else has this problem or knows how to fix it please let me no.....thanx
    08-01-10 06:05 PM
    Congrats on the S2.
    The white specks could be dust.
    08-01-10 06:11 PM
    sounds like you may be correct, on the pocket lint thing. I never put my phone in a pocket and therefore don't have that issue with the screen. I use a leather case, clipped to my waistband, when I'm out and about. At home, I use my phone with a silicon sleeve and set it down on tables, counters, or hold it-but I DON'T place it in my pocket for several reasons. One, chances are somehow I'll manage to break or scratch it. Two, I've got too many things that go in my pockets (I'm diabetic, so I have medical stuff). Third, I've heard about the "pocket lint" issue and don't want to mess up the screen with dust or lint.
    08-02-10 12:09 AM
    my storm 2 is almost always in my pocket without a screen protector and I've had it for about 6 months as well. I have never noticed or experienced white specks on my screen. Did they just recently appear or have they been there since you got the phone?
    08-02-10 11:50 AM
    The Storm 1 had MUCH more of a problem with dust accumulating under the screen than the Storm 2 models do. I've had my S2 since launch, and carry it unprotected in my pocket all the time -- while I can see a few (very few) little specs under there, it is NOWHERE near what my old S1 used to look like.

If your getting a lot of dust under there, chance are you've got a device without a very good seal between the glass cover and the screen. Your choices are basically to just accept it, or try to get Verizon (or whoever your carrier is) to replace it.
    08-02-10 12:01 PM
    The Storm 1 had MUCH more of a problem with dust accumulating under the screen than the Storm 2 models do. I've had my S2 since launch, and carry it unprotected in my pocket all the time -- while I can see a few (very few) little specs under there, it is NOWHERE near what my old S1 used to look like.

If your getting a lot of dust under there, chance are you've got a device without a very good seal between the glass cover and the screen. Your choices are basically to just accept it, or try to get Verizon (or whoever your carrier is) to replace it.
    I also have had my S2 since 10/29 and always carry it in my shirt pocket with a CaseMate Barely There case and I have no white specks under my glass; I must have a GREAT seal!
    08-02-10 01:29 PM
    I also love my Storm2 =-)
    I keep my phone in my pocket all the time. Maybe some lint and dust every now and then but I always keep it clean. Never had any white spots. Sounds like dead pixels if its on the screen. Did you buy the phone used?
    08-02-10 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD