03-04-09 07:02 PM
38 12
tools
    I love BB. I will always have one model or another. I must admit when it didn't perform like the commercial I was disappointed. The day it arrived I took it out of the box and started with getting it set up. I almost freaked out when I was trying to set up the time. I thought, "Oh my god! What have I done! This is horrible!" I have learned so much about it since then. There is definitely a learning curve. I love it now. I work in a hospital IT department and help other users with their BBs. When I get a Curve in my hand I keep trying to press on the screen. I have to keep reminding myself to use the trackball. Once you adjust it is definitely a step back to use the trackball.

Sure I am anxious to get the next leak for the potential that it may provide to my beloved device. But I love my Storm and have no wish to return to my Pearl.
    03-03-09 10:05 PM
    Nope! I thought I would love it but I don't so I am taking the Storm back to Verizon and getting a Samsung Omnia!

I still have a BB though(Bold) so no worries!
    03-04-09 04:39 AM
    I will agree there is a learning curve at first. But you learn to love it
    03-04-09 06:59 AM
    Nope! I thought I would love it but I don't so I am taking the Storm back to Verizon and getting a Samsung Omnia!

This is off topic, but what is the point of having all those phones? I just dont get why people would have an iphone and a storm, not to mention an Iphone and a storm and a bold. I understand haveing a regualar phone for busness and another for play but then if you have a bold why not get a ipod touch and save $40 a month.
    03-04-09 10:25 AM

Kelly....read some of the reviews before going to the Omina. Another new device that is having issues.
    03-04-09 10:41 AM
    The hardware had some quality control issues early on, but most are resolved. The design is pretty solid, they just had some issue with how the screen was attached (causing dust), and with the tightness of the screws attaching the screen plate. I love the concept thou, and the execution is OK too. Yes it does prevent the mis selection of items. Feels good in the hand, and the screen real estate is AMAZING!

Software is still an issue, BUT if you are willing to upgrade to the leaked beta version, the Storm pretty much operates as advertised. RIM is also hard at work on updates although the leaks are quite a bit behind. Latest leak, which I use and recommend is .109, but RIM is already well in to the .130ies.
    03-04-09 10:57 AM
    Kelly....read some of the reviews before going to the Omina. Another new device that is having issues.
    I HIGHLY recommend you try the Omnia before you buy it. 1 day with it in the store was enough to sour me. HTC Touch Pro was better, but I'm not a fan of Winmo. I stuck with and am now VERY happy with my Storm.
    03-04-09 10:59 AM
    The hardware had some quality control issues early on, but most are resolved. The design is pretty solid, they just had some issue with how the screen was attached (causing dust), and with the tightness of the screws attaching the screen plate. I love the concept thou, and the execution is OK too. Yes it does prevent the mis selection of items. Feels good in the hand, and the screen real estate is AMAZING!

Software is still an issue, BUT if you are willing to upgrade to the leaked beta version, the Storm pretty much operates as advertised. RIM is also hard at work on updates although the leaks are quite a bit behind. Latest leak, which I use and recommend is .109, but RIM is already well in to the .130ies.
    Definately think 109 would make alot of .75 users pleasantly surprised....as long as they follow the directions on how to load it. But then again...its proven that some devices act differently.
    03-04-09 11:10 AM
    I HIGHLY recommend you try the Omnia before you buy it. 1 day with it in the store was enough to sour me. HTC Touch Pro was better, but I'm not a fan of Winmo. I stuck with and am now VERY happy with my Storm.
    Amen....I toyed with it while waiting for CS in the store and it actually made me like my storm more. Its definately no BB.
    03-04-09 11:12 AM
    Hence...Niagra! It's gonna be hard to resist when the Niagra comes out. As long as RIM keeps working the updates on the storm Im good.
    But the Niagra is going to be the same screen size as the Bold, right?

I'm looking forward to some shots of the Magnum, if that still is on the table.
    03-04-09 11:16 AM
    But the Niagra is going to be the same screen size as the Bold, right?

I'm looking forward to some shots of the Magnum, if that still is on the table.
    PK can correct me if Im wrong but the Niagra and Bold are almost identical. I'd like to see the magnum also.
    03-04-09 11:24 AM
    Will DEFINATELY get one of these!
    03-04-09 11:30 AM
    Yes it is amazing.
    03-04-09 07:02 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD