I really like this phone, however, has anyone else found opening the battery for this phone to be extremely difficult? Does anyone have a tip on how to open the battery?
    06-11-10 05:17 AM
    i just usually use the tip of my finger nail rite at the top of the battery
    works for me sometimes,if i havent cut my finger nails the nite befor
    06-11-10 06:08 AM
    I pry it open from the side with my fingernail.
    06-11-10 07:03 AM
    No problem here. Just grow your nail a little longer.
    06-11-10 07:05 AM
    Cup your hand and tap the phone into it. With a little bit of a shiny, it pops straight out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 07:18 AM
    Maybe I'm not getting it here. Why would you open the battery? Are there parts in the battery that are usable or something? I've NEVER wanted to open my battery. What am I missing?
    I guess he meant the battery door not the battery itself .WHo would wanna do that?
    06-11-10 07:33 AM
    I guess he meant the battery door not the battery itself .WHo would wanna do that?
    That was my assumption too.
    06-11-10 07:35 AM
    I use my thumbnail to open the door. seems pretty easy to me.
    06-11-10 09:31 AM
    I use a credit card edge.
    06-11-10 09:32 AM
    That was my assumption too.
    Yes that's what I meant... I tend to break my nail everytime I try to open it, such a pain in the ***!
    06-11-10 10:50 AM
    I really like this phone, however, has anyone else found opening the battery for this phone to be extremely difficult? Does anyone have a tip on how to open the battery?
    Are you serious??
    06-11-10 11:33 AM
    Yes that's what I meant... I tend to break my nail everytime I try to open it, such a pain in the ***!
    Get QuickPull. Don't have to take the battery door off unless you want to switch/work with the media card, or put in a new battery.

But realistically, the battery door being held in tightly is a good thing, especially if you drop the device. It won't open and pop the battery out like my old S1 did.
    06-11-10 11:58 AM
    Get QuickPull. Don't have to take the battery door off unless you want to switch/work with the media card, or put in a new battery.

But realistically, the battery door being held in tightly is a good thing, especially if you drop the device. It won't open and pop the battery out like my old S1 did.
    that's true, and I've been using QuickPull as well... but still, one time my phone is actually frozen and I can't even press anything.
    06-11-10 12:14 PM

Or MeterBerry or Quicklaunch also do reboots. But if the thing locks up a battery pull is your only option.
    06-11-10 12:28 PM
    Dont chew your fingernails...
    06-11-10 01:07 PM

My door is crazy loose. If I drop it the battery always comes out. Does ne1 know if I can modify the door to tighten it up? I have ql so I never need to open the door but seriously its way too easy to come off.

06-11-10 01:15 PM
    I use the little screwdriver end of my pocket knife or a fork, or usually anything but my fingernails. Even my thumbnails practically get ripped from my thumbs if I try that! I hardly ever open that battery compartment though.

06-11-10 01:25 PM
    I use the little screwdriver end of my pocket knife or a fork, or usually anything but my fingernails. Even my thumbnails practically get ripped from my thumbs if I try that! I hardly ever open that battery compartment though.

Yeah, that happened to me too, my thumbnails got ripped once. Hurt so much!
    06-11-10 02:00 PM
    I agree with you. i love my phone but always have the worst time getting it open for battery pull. i do have quickpull but still need to open it occassionally. i tend to use a dime or a pen to pop it open but, but im afraid to scratch the case in doing so
    06-11-10 03:31 PM
    You never know with people trying to "bypass the system" daily. I thought he was on to something I hadn't heard about. Just curious.
    Haha, quality. That is what I call 'reading between the lines'
    06-11-10 04:20 PM
    Had my phone since January. Other than the first day I had my Storm2 I've not had to take the back (battery) door off once. I opened it once just to do so, it's tight (like it should be) but a flick with finger nail brings it off. Basically anything small can be used to pry off the back door. Pretty straight forward.
    06-11-10 04:26 PM
    I use whatever is handy and nearby to pry open the battery door when I need to open it... guitar pick, dime, kitchen knife, bank card... Having no fingernails is a curse.

06-11-10 05:18 PM
    I use a flat head screwdriver and a hammer. Saves from cutting my finger. Works every time!
    06-11-10 05:23 PM
    I use a flat head screwdriver and a hammer. Saves from cutting my finger. Works every time!
    Hammer…overkill much? My battery door comes off with a little flick under the opening with my little bit of fingernail. Or if I throw the device on the ground, it comes off; not that I ever throw it or have a need to do such a thing.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-13-10 12:17 AM
    Yes, away from my flesh. When I first got my S2, I was checking everything out and noticed the battery door was different than on my S1. My door was on very tight. I thought I just needed to man-up and put some force into it. I will never do that again.

I saw on another post someone said he uses his insurance card in his wallet and that worked fine for me. Any stiff plasic card should work. Insert the corner of the card into the battery door opening and gently push it in. My door pops right off then. And no blood under the finger nail.
    06-20-10 12:29 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD