Are you freakin' kidding me?
    You don't know (for sure) what you're spending $30 a month for?

And you're a "Sr. Financial Analyst - NYC" ?

My friends, this is what is wrong with the goddamn economy... people in jobs that haven't the basic skills to make sure that things are handled properly. There's a reason that cops have background investigations... Its to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the background is clean and the person is trustworthy of public confidence. Obviously, this step should be applied to more persons seeking employment.

Rant over... Sorry you lost your job.
    01-30-09 11:33 AM
    Sorry about your job. I am about to get laid off as well. but I am keeping my Storm no matter what!!!
    01-30-09 11:39 AM
    Sorry to hear about losing the job man. Best of luck finding something new quickly!

As for using a Berry without a data plan, let me tell you: I did that with my first berry, an 8100 pearl with Tmo. It was one of the worst experiences ever! I'm not quite sure, but the phone just felt empty, y'know?
    01-30-09 11:44 AM
    and I was wondering if I still need the $30/month that I pay for my BB serivce. All I really need is texting on my phone and of course calls. I dont need e-mail and internet. Is that what I pay the $30/month for? Thanks all - Sr. Financial Analyst - NYC
    Damn sorry to hear that,I know that with my carrier I can drop the data on BB but it will remove all SMS
    and any web access pretty much a basic phone. Having said that I would have to pay a $200 fee for data disconnect.
    I wish you luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 11:59 AM
    sorry to hear about your job loss, and good luck to you.
    01-30-09 12:08 PM
    You can switch to an old dumbphone and drop the data. If you don't have one you could sell the storm and buy one. That way you don't have to pay the etf.

01-30-09 01:13 PM
    Think positive and think of the storm as an investment. With push email you don't have to wait at a computer waiting for your next employer to email you. Use the GPS app to find your way to the next job interview without being late. Google up your next employer and research before going in the interview. I can think of many more things but I'm not going to. At times like this you have to look up and be strong.

01-30-09 01:53 PM
    and I was wondering if I still need the $30/month that I pay for my BB serivce. All I really need is texting on my phone and of course calls. I dont need e-mail and internet. Is that what I pay the $30/month for? Thanks all - Sr. Financial Analyst - NYC
    Not necessarly. I had my bb for nearly 3 months with regular service and unlimited text. If it has wifi it will connect to the internet. Other than that not having the data plan, your phone wont receive emails like before, BBmessanger will be gone and your internet wont work unless with wifi. BBMessage me if you have any questions. I know alot of things with phones!
    01-31-09 01:44 PM
    Best of luck in finding another job. Tough times for everyone.
    01-31-09 01:55 PM
    Sorry to hear about the job loss, I'd definitely try to wriggle out of the data plan. Saving everywhere helps
    01-31-09 02:00 PM
    Sorry to hera that. At least you have your blackberry.
    01-31-09 02:06 PM
    Plife sorry about your job, i'll pray for you and all the others that are out of work right now. Good luck keep your head up.
    Prayer helps everything God Bless
    01-31-09 02:10 PM
    I am sorry to hear that you lost your job, hopefully you will find one soon.

Unfortunately, like many people have previously stated, you will have to keep the data plan. But you do have the option of going to a non-PDA/BlackBerry device and drop the data feature.

You can still add features that will allow you to access the internet (not as great as the Storm) and access e-mail from the phone. So you don't have to give up everything, but it can help you to cut back on some of your spending.

You can find cheap phones on eBay, but I wouldn't get rid of the Storm just yet. Yes, you may get a few hundred dollars for it now, but if things start looking up for you and you want to go back to it, then you would spend the same amount of money to get a new one.

Hang in there and best wishes.
    01-31-09 02:37 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD