Is there any way to keep everything that you have on your phone and have it upload along with the OS thru backup or some other option.

Its a pain to upload the new os.....go back and download each and every app....create the settings for some (if they dont have a backup)

Is there something im missing....everyone cannot be going thru what im going thru when uploading these new OS.

Thanks!
    05-04-10 02:57 PM
    BBSAK. You can do a .cod dump and it should automatically add all the apps to AppLoader / DM, whichever way you do it.

But you have to redo the settings for apps without back ups and re-register any Activation / Registration Code neccessary apps. Good news though is a lot of apps nowadays that have good continuous support (ie, any of Bellshares apps) have a back up option AND an Auto-Register feature, so it makes it really painless to move around OS'.
    05-04-10 02:59 PM
    BBSAK. You can do a .cod dump and it should automatically add all the apps to AppLoader / DM, whichever way you do it.

But you have to redo the settings for apps without back ups and re-register any Activation / Registration Code neccessary apps. Good news though is a lot of apps nowadays that have good continuous support (ie, any of Bellshares apps) have a back up option AND an Auto-Register feature, so it makes it really painless to move around OS'.
    Oh ok. I could never really figure out BBSAK and the shrink a system stuff...but a .cod dump will do it.....Preciate the help and quiclk response.\

Will try my luck a lil later on...
    05-04-10 03:03 PM
    Just do a backup with the desktop manager and reload your backup after the OS is upgraded. I did this last night. No problems. Now i did have problems using BBSAK to restore my apps. It loaded them perfect the first time but I tried to drop the 3G patch into the OS and it crashed my phone. I kept re loading the OS and as soon as I tried to use BBSAK from then on it crashed my phone. I finally just redownlaoded the apps from mobihand. Not sure what was going on there, but after loading three times and finishing at midnight I didn't want to try again. Too bad. I wanted the 3G patch to work. Oh well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 03:07 PM
    Just do a backup with the desktop manager and reload your backup after the OS is upgraded. I did this last night. No problems. Now i did have problems using BBSAK to restore my apps. It loaded them perfect the first time but I tried to drop the 3G patch into the OS and it crashed my phone. I kept re loading the OS and as soon as I tried to use BBSAK from then on it crashed my phone. I finally just redownlaoded the apps from mobihand. Not sure what was going on there, but after loading three times and finishing at midnight I didn't want to try again. Too bad. I wanted the 3G patch to work. Oh well.

I thought that would work too....but some of these App/Games are not physcially on the comp ( ie the alx/cod file) and therefore I have to go back and get the ota link or whatever.

So backup has never completely installed every app that I have....unless i have it downloaded to my PC.

Is there a way around that?
    05-04-10 03:11 PM
    BBSAK. Seriously. All you do is open BBSAK, hit .COD Dump, then they're all there and DM / AppLoader usable forever. Then close it and never look at it again.

That's the only thing I use BBSAK for.
    05-04-10 03:28 PM
    BBSAK. Seriously. All you do is open BBSAK, hit .COD Dump, then they're all there and DM / AppLoader usable forever. Then close it and never look at it again.

Thats what i plan to do anyhow....thought e150gt knew something i didnt!
    05-04-10 03:32 PM
    I mean, DM (when installing a new OS) backs up, then restores all my apps. It doesn't do it when I just do a regular back up, obviously. There's no 'third party application back-up' setting.

It doesn't dump the .cod's, so I can't reaccess them, but it puts all of them back onto the phone by making a temporary dump folder. (I imagine) But afterwards I still have to redo my settings, restore my back ups, and re-register things.
    05-04-10 03:53 PM

Why do you suppose BBSAK would not load my app backups? I would plug in the BB, then hit restore apps. It would say phone may reset when done. I click OK and then another pop up says apps restored. The phone never reset and the download folder is empty! I tried to install .COD's and I highlighted the entire contents of the backup folder with my apps in it and hit open and it would brick my phone instantly.
    05-04-10 04:26 PM
    If you use the loader.exe it gives you the option to backup before it wipes then reinstalls everything when the Os is installed..

But yes I go through the same thing on purpose, maybe maybe not but the phone seems a lot quicker if I start from scratch than having it load automatically

05-04-10 05:25 PM
    check this post it will help you :

CrackBurglar's Custom Storm OS load

specially step 3, its about backing up your apps.
    Last edited by RezaBerry; 05-04-10 at 05:45 PM.
    05-04-10 05:42 PM
    i done new os update on my new storm 2. and now i have lost my texting dictionary that was across the top part page that you were texting or typing any help how i get that back. now i just have one on top its not as good as first one i had.
    05-04-10 07:05 PM
    Why do you suppose BBSAK would not load my app backups? I would plug in the BB, then hit restore apps. It would say phone may reset when done. I click OK and then another pop up says apps restored. The phone never reset and the download folder is empty! I tried to install .COD's and I highlighted the entire contents of the backup folder with my apps in it and hit open and it would brick my phone instantly.
    I'm honestly not sure. I never tried restore apps. I used "Install .COD's" in BBSAK once and it worked fine once I did a battery pull.

Usually though I just use Loader.exe to get the apps installed.
    05-04-10 07:11 PM
    You people need to stop wiping your phones and just follow the normal OS upgrade procedures via DM. The process does and backup and restore of ALL personal data, settings, and 3rd party apps you have loaded. I know, because this is how I do my loads and they all go off without a hitch.

05-04-10 11:57 PM
    I never wipe my phone. AppLoader.exe and never had an issue. (except that one time with my S1)
    05-05-10 04:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD