BTW, I hope you guys realize the OS on that phone in the video was 4.7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dude you keep saying that and your going to turn everyone away from it : )

There's no way they would launch it with 4.7.
    05-22-09 12:38 AM
    Um, no. Incorrect.
    i agree with cx
    05-22-09 05:15 AM
    Has anyone thought that maybe this was a prototype meant for destruction because of a hardware issue and the guy took it out of the trash and loaded 4.7 on it for the storm 1 but because the code is not there for the truepress it doesn't work? This is just an idea.
    05-22-09 06:10 AM
    You are all so wrong. The reason he can't press OK in the video is that the Storm2 is not coming out unil 2241 and is not meant to be oprated by...HUMAN HANDS
    05-22-09 07:49 AM
    Voodoo, why not swtich to another model since you think the storm is a FAIL!?
    Fail? Not sure if I said that. More like the headache of the century. Trust there are a number of people that feel the same way. This more about the 2. The 2 will change the world according to some people.

05-22-09 08:44 AM
    i agree with cx
    How original is that my friend? Considering I have seen people snap off some crazy stuff I am sure whom to agree with.

05-22-09 08:50 AM
    How original is that my friend? Considering I have seen people snap off some crazy stuff I am sure whom to agree with.

I tend to believe CX and RG, just because they are in the know, and they are kind enough to share big hints/tidbits with us (I have never come across how they know but I am assuming they obviously work for RIM, so obviously they are in the know). Yet this time what CX says doesn't make sense to me. Yes, okay RIM never gave them that phone, and it was never meant for Engadget, hence it didn't function; but then what was that phone meant for? Why even bother loading that OS on there? Obviously that device was a tester/prototype, but what the heck did they test? Even with CX saying it wasn't meant for non-RIM hands, what was it supposed to do in RIM hands? Again I respect CX, and everyone here so no disrespect to anyone. I apologies if I did.
    05-22-09 09:44 AM
    There is SO much to ROFLMAO about here...

I'm guessing, no wait.. I KNOW you said the same thing about Storm 1.

"The device works just fine, I promise."

Do you kiss your baby with a lyin' potty mouth like that?
    I would appreciate if you didn't refer to my daughter in such a manner. Thanks.

I agree with you, to a point. CX claimed the Storm was amazing and that we would all love it and that the browser was just as good as the iPhones! Now, I am not calling CX a liar, maybe something happened that was beyond his control, but I am not too sure about this new Storm. This whole thing all seems way too familiar from last October/November.

If this thing comes out in June, I will be very happy because then I can look at it in the store and decide if I want that or a Tour.
    You don't like your Storm? Although not at it's full potential, the SurePress system is one of a kind and changed the way people view touchscreens, and input methods on them. The Storm is a great device. Yeah it's not perfect and there's definitely some things that need to be fixed. You would have to be in my shoes, but at the time of those statements, nobody had ever used a RIM touch device. So saying it before release and thinking of the future with further optimization, saying it was a great device and people would love it, wasn't a stretch. Nor a lie. The units sold millions. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's easy to look back now 7 months later and pick apart statements such as these.
    Now, some EU's have completely different guts than what you all have now. And some things didn't pan out as they were supposed to. And I would ask you to find a post by me where I said it was better. If I remember correctly, I said just as good, maybe better. Obviously this isn't the case. And you may think what you want, but I can't explain any further. So you may chalk it up to me being wrong if you like, makes no difference.
    05-22-09 09:59 AM
    You don't like your Storm? Although not at it's full potential, the SurePress system is one of a kind and changed the way people view touchscreens, and input methods on them. The Storm is a great device. Yeah it's not perfect and there's definitely some things that need to be fixed. You would have to be in my shoes, but at the time of those statements, nobody had ever used a RIM touch device. So saying it before release and thinking of the future with further optimization, saying it was a great device and people would love it, wasn't a stretch. Nor a lie. The units sold millions. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's easy to look back now 7 months later and pick apart statements such as these.
    Now, some EU's have completely different guts than what you all have now. And some things didn't pan out as they were supposed to. And I would ask you to find a post by me where I said it was better. If I remember correctly, I said just as good, maybe better. Obviously this isn't the case. And you may think what you want, but I can't explain any further. So you may chalk it up to me being wrong if you like, makes no difference.
    No no no, I wrote that I remember you saying it was "just as good", not better. And hey, not calling you a liar! haha, some things happen, as you said, that changed the end unit. Obviously expectations for the Storm 1 were high, but I just feel that we were given a half-baked device; definitely OS-wise and maybe even hardware-wise in some aspects. If the Storm launched with, say, .148 or a Golden OS, then almost everyone, including myself, would not have a problem with it.

Looking forward to Storm 2, though. If it is a decent typing device, I will check it out. If not, Tour for me
    05-22-09 10:07 AM
    No no no, I wrote that I remember you saying it was "just as good", not better. And hey, not calling you a liar! haha, some things happen, as you said, that changed the end unit. Obviously expectations for the Storm 1 were high, but I just feel that we were given a half-baked device; definitely OS-wise and maybe even hardware-wise in some aspects. If the Storm launched with, say, .148 or a Golden OS, then almost everyone, including myself, would not have a problem with it.

Looking forward to Storm 2, though. If it is a decent typing device, I will check it out. If not, Tour for me
    Yes, but if that had happened, what argument would you have against VZW to help you out by allowing you to purchase the Storm 2 at a discounted price when it comes out prior to your account being eligible for an upgrade?
    05-22-09 10:15 AM
    Yes, but if that had happened, what argument would you have against VZW to help you out by allowing you to purchase the Storm 2 at a discounted price when it comes out prior to your account being eligible for an upgrade?
    lol I would have no argument other than yelling incoherently in the store. On the way out I would knock over a display for some crappy LG touchscreen, take a screen protector without paying, pull the phones out of their sockets so the alarms go off, and knock over the 85 year old security guard on the way out.
    05-22-09 10:24 AM
    As you are entitled to your opinion.
    i am too...and mine is that you have lost your mind.
    05-22-09 10:35 AM
    lol I would have no argument other than yelling incoherently in the store. On the way out I would knock over a display for some crappy LG touchscreen, take a screen protector without paying, pull the phones out of their sockets so the alarms go off, and knock over the 85 year old security guard on the way out.
    And you'd get away with it because the video that the store rep was shooting of you doing this with his Storm.... won't play back due to an OS bug in the release he had loaded on it. :bwahahahahah:
    05-22-09 10:41 AM

CX,

Do you think RIM is going to finish the job they started with the original Storm? Is a software upgrade for the 9500/9530 even a viable solution or is it a hardware issue? Will RIM be kind enough to replace Storm owners with the new Storms ?
    05-22-09 10:53 AM
    CX - real quick question - someone said that you had a Storm I that had a working WIFI chip installed slated for TMO.

I had never heard this, and it seems bizarre as I was under the impression that the Storm was specifically ordered by and for VZW. A TMO version manufactured at the same time would seem to violate the terms of most development agreements that I have read.
    05-22-09 12:06 PM
    I know exactly why the user can't select OK in the video on engadget.

Hold on to your Storm folks. If you think you are upset now the Storm 2 might prove to be more of a headache than it's older brother.

If you think the Storm has problems just wait for the Storm 2.

I have reason to believe that RIM was not able to get the OS to work without the ability of the "Sure Press" screen of the Storm.

Think about it, in the video the guy can't click OK... You ask why? Because the OS that the phone is running is most likely built on the same rules as the Storm. The OS on the Storm 2 might not be ready to select and execute options without the physical "click" RIM raved about and now they have abandoned.

I love their CEO, what a **** for not admiting the faults of the Storm.

If I remember correctly the guy in the video states that the capacitive screen is disabled.
    05-22-09 12:10 PM
    WOW, this is a first time i have been called a fanboy , and **** what can i say i kind of like it.. and yeah i am a fan boy .. sure .. well go with that... even though i own an iphone , and a mac , **** i got windows , no fanboy here just tired of people talking out of there *** about something they have no idea about... and NO PHONE WILL EVER BE PERFECT.
    PERFECTION!!!!

http://www.eightiesonline.com/wp-con...phone_full.jpg
    05-22-09 12:12 PM
    It is not 100% there is always something wrong with the OS.

If CX knows all I want to hear he has one. Thats all...
    Your an ***** and you cannot be pleased. There isn't a single smart phone out there that doesn't have issues. The storm will never be perfect, windows will never be perfect, iPhone will never be perfect. Stop Crying.
    05-22-09 12:14 PM
    im sure he cant hit "OK" because RIM disabled it so that if it was leaked then the actual working/look of the OS could not be released.
    05-22-09 12:20 PM
    It is not 100% there is always something wrong with the OS.

If CX knows all I want to hear he has one. Thats all...
    Even if he does have one, he is not going to disclose that on this website, for a combination of NDA restrictions and the fact that he would get bombarded with screen shot requests, OS requests, and stupid questions about the phone that everyone in the CB community would ask out of sheer curiosity
    05-22-09 12:33 PM

CX, as always, great advice...And why in God's name would someone say that about your daughter? What an effing moron. If you are unhappy with your storm, go elsewhere. Dont insult peoples children
    05-22-09 12:38 PM
    CX - real quick question - someone said that you had a Storm I that had a working WIFI chip installed slated for TMO.

I had never heard this, and it seems bizarre as I was under the impression that the Storm was specifically ordered by and for VZW. A TMO version manufactured at the same time would seem to violate the terms of most development agreements that I have read.
    I think youll find what he had was a Verizon Storm Prototype with a TMO sim card in it...
    05-22-09 01:09 PM
    Crazy how the Strom 2 looks a little like the very first "Thunder" pictures that were released....

05-22-09 01:39 PM
    ^could it be? : )

05-23-09 11:41 AM
    Storm 1 was a great device that sold unto the millions. It was a game changer like it or not and for what it was designed to do, MEDIA it does it well..

CX saying that it would be Good pre-release is correct as it was and still is one of the best devices around. Ask a curve 8330 user to switch for a week and you will be happy to get your device back. The browser was much improved over existing devices at the time and surepress makes internet useful on a BB...

Along comes the Storm 2 huh... more memory, wif-fi and a modified input method..

The Storm 2 device that engadget received was never intended to see the light of day and caused quite a uproar I am sure in the halls of Rim and Vzw.. I found it quite funny that they went through all that to get a device and cant get past the license screen...
    05-23-09 12:31 PM
147 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD