Storm 2 is what Windows 7 is to Vista..lol.

What it should have been.

RIM has been baking this device longer then you all think. For anyone to judge it on the video being posted now is just wrong, but time will prove that.
    05-21-09 07:29 PM

RIM has been baking this device longer then you all think. For anyone to judge it on the video being posted now is just wrong, but time will prove that.
    Thats for sure, just wish we had a release date lol
    05-21-09 07:33 PM

Only if it proves to be better than the first. For those that purchase the "Deuce" I hope it is better than the first.

Windows 7 is cool. Still not sure how much I really like it, kinda like vista, something about it... Oh the Mac feel... Oh well if you can't beat 'em join 'em
    05-21-09 07:41 PM
    If I was right about the pressure sensativity of the new screen acting as a sort of press detection, what's the chance the guys at Engadget weren't pressing enough? Furthermore, what's the chance there's a setting for pressure sensativity on the phone and if set "too high", the press actually no longer registers (i.e. software glitch the engineers overlooked) and all they'd have to do is connect it to DM and wipe each of the databases and inturn the settings that were set too high, then reboot and boom... factory settings, with working TruePress. Just thinking out loud...
    05-21-09 07:46 PM
    If I was right about the pressure sensativity of the new screen acting as a sort of press detection, what's the chance the guys at Engadget weren't pressing enough? Furthermore, what's the chance there's a setting for pressure sensativity on the phone and if set "too high", the press actually no longer registers (i.e. software glitch the engineers overlooked) and all they'd have to do is connect it to DM and wipe each of the databases and inturn the settings that were set too high, then reboot and boom... factory settings, with working TruePress. Just thinking out loud...
    Well I like your ideas. How hard would you need to push? I am not sure you would want it to fly out of your hand, LOL. I like the idea though... Really nice.

It would seem to be a classic case of the Storm...
    05-21-09 07:49 PM
    Good thought , but no . The storms screen wont be like that , you can tell by the sound it made when they were pressing hard on the glass , pressure wont matter, sadly , that would be amazing ! , but just not ready yet , my feeling is there was something OS wise that wasnt worked out , or heck the code for the touch to register might not even be implemented yet. but who knows.

EDIT : most people didnt like how hard you had to push on the storm 1 screen , they wouldnt make the same mistake twice lol
    05-21-09 07:50 PM
    RIM has been baking this device longer then you all think..
    I've been saying that for some time now. Started a thread on it : )
    05-21-09 07:57 PM
    Good thought , but no . The storms screen wont be like that , you can tell by the sound it made when they were pressing hard on the glass , pressure wont matter, sadly , that would be amazing ! , but just not ready yet , my feeling is there was something OS wise that wasnt worked out , or heck the code for the touch to register might not even be implemented yet. but who knows.

EDIT : most people didnt like how hard you had to push on the storm 1 screen , they wouldnt make the same mistake twice lol
    I don't agree with this. If this was the case, why preload the OS on the device and hand it out to.... That would be stupid... RIM wouldn't release a device out the door with such a blatant bug in the OS... it would make the test handset "unusable" by the person receiving the unit. See what I'm getting at. So, it's either the Engadget guy doesn't know how to use it or something else is up with it. But hey, I don't have it in my hand, so I can't try to make it work.
    05-21-09 08:02 PM
    I think its missing the Truepress hardware under the screen and that's why he can't click the screen to select ok. Someone on Engadget posted this and i think he's right.
    05-21-09 08:04 PM
    I don't agree with this. If this was the case, why preload the OS on the device and hand it out to.... That would be stupid... RIM wouldn't release a device out the door with such a blatant bug in the OS... it would make the test handset "unusable" by the person receiving the unit. See what I'm getting at. So, it's either the Engadget guy doesn't know how to use it or something else is up with it. But hey, I don't have it in my hand, so I can't try to make it work.
    That is because this device wasn't meant to be out .... no one was supposed to have it , its not like rim is handing out storms like that , it was a EU that sliped out from a high up at RIM and thats it nothing more nothing less, your digging to deep lol, there is not pressure sensitive screen.
    05-21-09 08:09 PM
    But CX just chimed in on another forum stating that the device Engadget has was not given to them by RIM, and promises that the production is near production, therefore much testing has already been achieved. Maybe its just a early test device that some how got out with a OS that doesn't belong on the device? Civic?

Sorry Sooks, didn't see you posted what I said earlier
    Last edited by Beau79; 05-21-09 at 08:18 PM.
    05-21-09 08:16 PM
    The device is new pre-production I believe he said. And the OS they have is probably so old, the TruePress isn't probably written into the OS itself which causes it not being able to select anything.
    05-21-09 08:27 PM
    Or (GASP!!!) the device they got was a very early prototype and RIM intended on it never being able to fully boot to the main menu. Crazy. I know! But...

OP, next time try to use something we call logic. It usually helps.
    05-21-09 08:29 PM
    I feel like you just hinted at something here. You tend to do that a lot
    05-21-09 08:49 PM
    Anyone kinda think rim and htc/andriod are kind of on the same track? Maybe the storm 2 isn't an upgrade rather its an alternative. Who knows maybe they'll make a storm 1 v2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:59 PM
    The device is new pre-production I believe he said. And the OS they have is probably so old, the TruePress isn't probably written into the OS itself which causes it not being able to select anything.
    Makes sense too.
    05-21-09 09:09 PM
    With all this wild speculating going on you all are missing a very important piece of the puzzle. It probobly fell out of some guys back pocket in front of the sites (endgadget) owners house.

Who this guy is nobody knows. He may have stole it or found it on the sidewalk. He wasn't a RIM employee though that we can safely assume.

That's another possibility.

05-21-09 09:25 PM
    I can't help but think back to the original Storm video that got that ninja kid fired. Ha ha. Too funny.

05-21-09 09:28 PM
    Or (GASP!!!) the device they got was a very early prototype
    that would be called the Storm 1. I'm being serious here.

05-21-09 09:30 PM
    There is SO much to ROFLMAO about here...

I'm guessing, no wait.. I KNOW you said the same thing about Storm 1.

"The device works just fine, I promise."
    I agree with you, to a point. CX claimed the Storm was amazing and that we would all love it and that the browser was just as good as the iPhones! Now, I am not calling CX a liar, maybe something happened that was beyond his control, but I am not too sure about this new Storm. This whole thing all seems way too familiar from last October/November.

If this thing comes out in June, I will be very happy because then I can look at it in the store and decide if I want that or a Tour.
    05-21-09 09:58 PM
    I don't recall him saying the browser was as good as the iPhones.

I do believe he thought by the time VZW launched it that they would have a stable OS on it. Again the Storm 1 release was TOTALLY out of character for RIM.

There's more to the story of the Storm 1 than people think.
    05-21-09 10:09 PM
    Lots of VZW pressure.

05-21-09 10:10 PM
    Wow!
    If I had said half the things I've read here, I'da been reprimanded.
    You know I read some where....
    Obviously we all want our Storms to be perfect yesterday. Instead of writing how it sucks or how flawed it is, we're all best served by continuing to share tweaks, mods and user settings to collectively build and optimize a better Storm.

Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts.
    What a graceful statement.
    Instead of calling names out abut each other or the products we obviously signed up here to share our thoughts on, why don't we provide constructive criticism?
    And if you really want to help, be a BETA tester.
    I do that for alot of the BlackBerry Apps and I'm pretty sure it helps them to improve. At least the last time I told someone "That su**s!" I don't think I actually gave them a whole lot to go on.
    Just my 2cents.
    05-21-09 10:11 PM
    This sounds familiar. Oh wait that is what orignial post was excecpt in less words. But yet when I said it I recall people jumping all over my case.

ausch, I like your style.
    05-21-09 10:14 PM
    Lots of VZW pressure.

yup..so much it forced a release of a device that was not made for public consumption.
    05-21-09 10:15 PM
147 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD