Actually I can. Think of it this way. When I am using .148 and crushing the Storm keyboard and the bad boy locks up cause it can't handle the fact that people can type that fast, well something is mad wrong. Then again calling it user error sounds so much better.
    Really? I type 48 wpm on the storm, and mine keeps up just fine on .148. There's some lag occasionally, but nothing that I can't deal with.

Stop looking for fights and assuming that you're the only one with the right opinion. Its childish.
    05-21-09 06:17 PM
    Here's a thought...maybe the storm that they got to play with is a prototype. OMG...maybe...get this...you ready?...no...really...are ya?

It's not supposed to work. You guys do know that most manufacturers make prototypes to check fit and finish, and things like that, and that they aren't...gasp...fully functional...right? Especially in the electronics sector. Wake up.
    Agreed this is very likely , as stated they were not meant to have the device, and no one out side of RIM currently either
    05-21-09 06:18 PM
    Here's a thought...maybe the storm that they got to play with is a prototype. OMG...maybe...get this...you ready?...no...really...are ya?

It's not supposed to work. You guys do know that most manufacturers make prototypes to check fit and finish, and things like that, and that they aren't...gasp...fully functional...right? Especially in the electronics sector. Wake up.
    That takes away all the fun of a June 1st launch. Stay positive, don't you want to win one.

I would love a June launch. I am sure that the sleek looking Storm 2 will be slow out the gate, but once the kinks are worked through in 6 months that device would be hot!
    05-21-09 06:19 PM
    Really? I type 48 wpm on the storm, and mine keeps up just fine on .148. There's some lag occasionally, but nothing that I can't deal with.

Stop looking for fights and assuming that you're the only one with the right opinion. Its childish.

Never said I had the right opinion. I recall my other posts in here saying that people are entitled to their opinion oh and get this "agree to disagree."
    05-21-09 06:21 PM
    That takes away all the fun of a June 1st launch. Stay positive, don't you want to win one.

I would love a June launch. I am sure that the sleek looking Storm 2 will be slow out the gate, but once the kinks are worked through in 6 months that device would be hot!
    Cant tell if thats sarcasm or not lol, but yeah i would love the storm two to come out june 1st .. but it wont... , And if you think about it , 6 months to get all kinks worked out is pretty good .
    05-21-09 06:21 PM
    Agreed this is very likely , as stated they were not meant to have the device, and no one out side of RIM currently either
    I believe that some developers already have the device in their hands. I could be wrong, but then again you all could be right. I guess we will not know until more comes out.
    05-21-09 06:22 PM
    Cant tell if thats sarcasm or not lol, but yeah i would love the storm two to come out june 1st .. but it wont... , And if you think about it , 6 months to get all kinks worked out is pretty good .
    In Storm time, yes 6 months would be good.
    05-21-09 06:23 PM
    I believe that some developers already have the device in their hands. I could be wrong, but then again you all could be right. I guess we will not know until more comes out.
    Yeah , i have no idea ...... it really depends on what side of the story we believe lol , there is the june 1st release date and verizon tecs already have it and are being trained.. ( which i know first hand is not true)

And there is the other , that were still a good 4-6 months + out ... which i believe to be the case.. but we will see and i hope im wrong.
    05-21-09 06:24 PM
    All you guys are cool in my book. If you care or not, still cool. I am being honest.
    05-21-09 06:25 PM
    Yeah , i have no idea ...... it really depends on what side of the story we believe lol , there is the june 1st release date and verizon tecs already have it and are being trained.. ( which i know first hand is not true)

And there is the other , that were still a good 4-6 months + out ... which i believe to be the case.. but we will see and i hope im wrong.
    My source says the device will be in his hands next week at the latest to begin developer app building. So maybe we will enjoy some free Storm 2 devices from CB.
    05-21-09 06:26 PM
    My source says the device will be in his hands next week at the latest to begin developer app building. So maybe we will enjoy some free Storm 2 devices from CB.
    That would be tight, only issue is we have a 30 in a million chance ! lol ..
    05-21-09 06:38 PM
    Yeah that your little source there will, umm...get fired.
    05-21-09 06:39 PM
    Yeah that your little source there will, umm...get fired.
    Maybe they are just pulling my chain. I have no idea.
    05-21-09 06:44 PM
    That would be tight, only issue is we have a 30 in a million chance ! lol ..
    Agreed. I think the rumors online are right. The end of the year sounds like it might happen since we have seen pictures etc., but then again we never know.

I will wait though. I think RIM has burned me with this device. It has gotten better, but just not the app capable device I had hoped for.

I look at the iPhone and the pages of Apps people have and then I go darn I wish I could do that, but my device does not have the ability to share the onboard memory as a virtual RAM option yet... That would be awesome!!!
    05-21-09 06:47 PM
    Voodoo the "Odin" will run great. It is what was intended for release in the first place and RIM knows how to make a phone. You have VZW to thank for the first one. Trust me.....
    05-21-09 06:49 PM
    Ok heres the deal, first off this device wasn't given to them by RIM. They're not supposed to have it. If RIM was giving them a demo unit to test out and report on, best believe it would work. Secondly, this device is fairly close to going to production. That said, it would obviously have to work to reach that point. Which means testing and Dev has been going on for a while. So I as I aid in my first post, it has nothing to do with RIM screwing up. The device works just fine, I promise.
    How's the touchscreen and device/OS in general compared to the original Storm? Would you say this is going to change the minds of all the disappointed Storm users, or in other words, be the amazing device that the 9530 should have been from the start?
    05-21-09 06:51 PM
    Voodoo the "Odin" will run great. It is what was intended for release in the first place and RIM knows how to make a phone. You have VZW to thank for the first one. Trust me.....
    Cereal, welcome to the fun.

Well would they have given that award to the guy that created the "Sure Press?"

I do agree that VZW wanted and needed a touch device to capture some of the iPhone marketshare.
    05-21-09 06:53 PM
    Um, no. Incorrect.
    Thank u Crucial..........
    I am glad u are hangin around this forum
    05-21-09 06:54 PM
    Hey i loved surepress it was a great idea ... just needed more push points. if they did one in each corner and one in the middle they would have had a major winner.
    05-21-09 06:56 PM
    Hey i loved surepress it was a great idea ... just needed more push points. if they did one in each corner and one in the middle they would have had a major winner.
    What I don't like about the push is that when you push something your finger begins to expand and it become less accurate. I experience this when browsing the web, it sometimes does not grab what I want. It is not all the time. This is something I can say Apple did a really good job with, the accuracy of the touch.
    05-21-09 07:17 PM
    What I don't like about the push is that when you push something your finger begins to expand and it become less accurate. I experience this when browsing the web, it sometimes does not grab what I want. It is not all the time. This is something I can say Apple did a really good job with, the accuracy of the touch.
    True , but with the more buttons spread equally under the glass, there is need for less force and more accuracy . It would have worked amazingly .
    05-21-09 07:24 PM
    Cereal, welcome to the fun.

Well would they have given that award to the guy that created the "Sure Press?"
    that award is meaningless : ) it's like a mom of the year award in hobunk, Kentucky.
    05-21-09 07:26 PM
    that award is meaningless : ) it's like a mom of the year award in hobunk, Kentucky.
    Hey ! i know that mom , she does a great job !!!
    05-21-09 07:27 PM
    True , but with the more buttons spread equally under the glass, there is need for less force and more accuracy . It would have worked amazingly .
    To bad they did not consult you first, because I agree the screen is a joke.
    05-21-09 07:27 PM
    HA! Now that was funny.
    05-21-09 07:28 PM
147 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD