I know exactly why the user can't select OK in the video on engadget.

Hold on to your Storm folks. If you think you are upset now the Storm 2 might prove to be more of a headache than it's older brother.

If you think the Storm has problems just wait for the Storm 2.

I have reason to believe that RIM was not able to get the OS to work without the ability of the "Sure Press" screen of the Storm.

Think about it, in the video the guy can't click OK... You ask why? Because the OS that the phone is running is most likely built on the same rules as the Storm. The OS on the Storm 2 might not be ready to select and execute options without the physical "click" RIM raved about and now they have abandoned.

I love their CEO, what a **** for not admiting the faults of the Storm.
    05-21-09 05:42 PM
    Um, no. Incorrect.
    05-21-09 05:44 PM
    Um, no. Incorrect.
    LOL , wow thats funny. LOL idk why but that just dosent make sense lol. RIM isnt dumb . It proably has something to do with the OS build and the screen not being rdy or something random lol .. idk ........ CX ?
    05-21-09 05:45 PM
    Did you WATCH the video? He hits okay the first time the screen pops up, then it goes through the security check, and pops up again. He hits OK the first time and it works.

Seriously. I'm no huge fan of the Storm 1, but you're just looking for excuses to be pissed off now.
    05-21-09 05:47 PM
    Actually I suggest watching the video again.

Actually RIM is that dumb, how many OS versions have you used on your Storm and they still can't get it right.
    05-21-09 05:48 PM
    Um, no. Incorrect.
    So you got one?
    05-21-09 05:49 PM
    Did you WATCH the video? He hits okay the first time the screen pops up, then it goes through the security check, and pops up again. He hits OK the first time and it works.

Seriously. I'm no huge fan of the Storm 1, but you're just looking for excuses to be pissed off now.
    Your wrong here , he never hits ok , it just runs the security check like normal, then the EULA comes ups and he cant hit ok.

Actually RIM is that dumb, how many OS versions have you used on your Storm and they still can't get it right.
    How many OS versions have i used that havent had a problem ..

how about : .75 , .109 .113 . 132 . 141 .149 ........ ?
    05-21-09 05:51 PM

It only took me about 2 for my Storm to "get it right."

So you got one?
    CX knows all.
    05-21-09 05:53 PM
    Your wrong here , he never hits ok , it just runs the security check like normal, then the EULA comes ups and he cant hit ok.

How many OS versions have i used that havent had a problem ..

how about : .75 , .109 .113 . 132 . 141 .149 ........ ?
    Dude you and I both know that each OS has had some issue. Forwarding MMS, color banding, radio issues, *228 issues. There is always something. Come on fan boy.
    05-21-09 05:53 PM
    It only took me about 2 for my Storm to "get it right."

CX knows all.
    It is not 100% there is always something wrong with the OS.

If CX knows all I want to hear he has one. Thats all...
    05-21-09 05:54 PM
    Dude you and I both know that each OS has had some issue. Forwarding MMS, color banding, radio issues, *228 issues. There is always something. Come on fan boy.
    WOW, this is a first time i have been called a fanboy , and **** what can i say i kind of like it.. and yeah i am a fan boy .. sure .. well go with that... even though i own an iphone , and a mac , **** i got windows , no fanboy here just tired of people talking out of there *** about something they have no idea about... and NO PHONE WILL EVER BE PERFECT.
    05-21-09 05:55 PM
    I am far from being a Storm fanboy. You're being a troll.
    05-21-09 05:59 PM

No phone's operating system is 100%
    05-21-09 05:59 PM
    WOW, this is a first time i have been called a fanboy , and **** what can i say i kind of like it.. and yeah i am a fan boy .. sure .. well go with that... even though i own an iphone , and a mac , **** i got windows , no fanboy here just tired of people talking out of there *** about something they have no idea about... and NO PHONE WILL EVER BE PERFECT.
    Perfect no, but that 8330 in your hands is much better than that Storm.

Nothing about owning an iPhone or Mac says anything about not being a fan boy. You made absolute statements.
    05-21-09 06:00 PM
    I am far from being a Storm fanboy. You're being a troll.
    Never said you were a fan boy did I?
    05-21-09 06:01 PM
    No phone's operating system is 100%
    Agreed, but it can be much better in the case of the Storm. The Curve is really really good compared to the Storm.

Also when someone throws out a theory or fun or truth, whatever I love how everyone in the entire place just on and loves to shoot everything down.

Fun isn't it?
    05-21-09 06:02 PM
    Perfect no, but that 8330 in your hands is much better than that Storm.

Nothing about owning an iPhone or Mac says anything about not being a fan boy. You made absolute statements.
    LOL , there is my point again of people talking out of their damn ***...... The 8330 i hold in my hands is not better then my storm .. i go to it for a day , then bam back on my storm for the next 2 months , i never use my curve because the storm over all works BETTER, especially with the latest build.

And a fanboy is someone who owns only RIM only Apple, i was just clearly showing that i own both , and am fans of both. Im starting to think the device you have it only screwed do to user error.
    05-21-09 06:03 PM
    Ok heres the deal, first off this device wasn't given to them by RIM. They're not supposed to have it. If RIM was giving them a demo unit to test out and report on, best believe it would work. Secondly, this device is fairly close to going to production. That said, it would obviously have to work to reach that point. Which means testing and Dev has been going on for a while. So I as I aid in my first post, it has nothing to do with RIM screwing up. The device works just fine, I promise.
    05-21-09 06:04 PM

To me, the OS is fine the way it is now. Maybe you're just being picky, but I'm quite happy with it and see no faults in it. To me, there's nothing wrong.
    05-21-09 06:04 PM
    To me, the OS is fine the way it is now. Maybe you're just being picky, but I'm quite happy with it and see no faults in it. To me, there's nothing wrong.
    As you are entitled to your opinion.
    05-21-09 06:07 PM
    LOL , there is my point again of people talking out of their damn ***...... The 8330 i hold in my hands is not better then my storm .. i go to it for a day , then bam back on my storm for the next 2 months , i never use my curve because the storm over all works BETTER, especially with the latest build.

And a fanboy is someone who owns only RIM only Apple, i was just clearly showing that i own both , and am fans of both. Im starting to think the device you have it only screwed do to user error.
    You got me. All hail the god of CB...
    05-21-09 06:07 PM
    Ok heres the deal, first off this device wasn't given to them by RIM. They're not supposed to have it. If RIM was giving them a demo unit to test out and report on, best believe it would work. Secondly, this device is fairly close to going to production. That said, it would obviously have to work to reach that point. Which means testing and Dev has been going on for a while. So I as I aid in my first post, it has nothing to do with RIM screwing up. The device works just fine, I promise.
    Considering that the device is not that much different than the Storm I believe it. And an insider gave me a tip on it earlier in the week. Nothing about lauch just simply getting ahold of the device for development of apps etc.

Just not supposed to have the device does not mean that it is not having problems with the functions.

I will take your word for it because it is worth agreeing to disagree.
    05-21-09 06:10 PM
    You got me. All hail the god of CB...
    well i like that title better then fanboy, thanks ! , sucks when you cant think of anything else smartass to say ?
    05-21-09 06:10 PM
    well i like that title better then fanboy, thanks ! , sucks when you cant think of anything else smartass to say ?
    Actually I can. Think of it this way. When I am using .148 and crushing the Storm keyboard and the bad boy locks up cause it can't handle the fact that people can type that fast, well something is mad wrong. Then again calling it user error sounds so much better.
    05-21-09 06:15 PM
    Here's a thought...maybe the storm that they got to play with is a prototype. OMG...maybe...get this...you ready?...no...really...are ya?

It's not supposed to work. You guys do know that most manufacturers make prototypes to check fit and finish, and things like that, and that they aren't...gasp...fully functional...right? Especially in the electronics sector. Wake up.
    05-21-09 06:16 PM
147 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD