A "delete" button on the keyboard. We have a backspace, but no "del".

More and more threads are being started about the difficulty of typing correction on the S2. A lot of times I find myself just on the wrong side of a letter that I need to erase. Then the game of bounce the cursor begins. And In order to delete an certain part/all of the word you MUST be to the right of it.

Basically, I would love to be able to place the cursor ANYWHERE within a word and be able to use backspace to clean up all the letters to the left of the cursor and delete to clean up all the letters to the right.

That's what I want.
    05-06-10 11:06 AM
    It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it. You just have to click right on the letter that is next to the one you want to delete. If you've had your storm for a decent amount of time you should be pretty accurate in choosing a letter. I know I am and I have some big fingers.
    05-06-10 11:11 AM
    We have a backspace, but no "del".
    Hit shift, then backspace...viola. Delete. If you've got a lot to Delete, then hit shift and hold backspace
    Last edited by spyderman09; 05-06-10 at 11:25 AM.
    05-06-10 11:22 AM
    I've had it since release day and I think from what I've read, I'm better than most at it.

I would still argue that it could/should be easier. That's all.

It's probably the way my thought process works......I find myself typing a text or email, than almost instantly thinking of a better way to say something or a better word to use. For my constant corrections, I would find it much easier if I could place the cursor anywhere in a word, as that is child's play, and erase in either direction.

It doesn't even require another key. It could be the shift function of the backspace button.
    05-06-10 11:26 AM
    I've had it since release day and I think from what I've read, I'm better than most at it.

I would still argue that it could/should be easier. That's all.

It's probably the way my thought process works......I find myself typing a text or email, than almost instantly thinking of a better way to say something or a better word to use. For my constant corrections, I would find it much easier if I could place the cursor anywhere in a word, as that is child's play, and erase in either direction.

It doesn't even require another key. It could be the shift function of the backspace button.

I'm the same way
    05-06-10 11:29 AM
    Read my post above. It IS the shift function of the backspace key.
    05-06-10 11:29 AM
    Hit shift, then backspace...viola. Delete. If you've got a lot to Delete, then hit shift and hold backspace
    Holy ****!! I don't know if I'm proud of myself for coming up with that on my own, or I'm ashamed for not knowing it already!!!!

See that, I use my phone so much, I even think Blackberry now!
    05-06-10 11:30 AM
    Haha, yea. I found out by accident. I had shift on for something, and when I went to actually backspace, I'm deleting instead. I actually thought it was a problem at first just because I didn't expect that
    Last edited by spyderman09; 05-06-10 at 11:56 AM.
    05-06-10 11:33 AM
    and isn't if you hold it long enough doesn't start deleting words
    05-06-10 11:44 AM
    Yeah shift backspace was the shortcut on physical qwerty bbs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 01:14 PM
    Good info.
    05-06-10 05:01 PM
    Shift backspace deletes everything I have typed in the text message. This has really annoyed me more than once. Perhaps there is some setting I missed ...

I would prefer arrow keys on the symbols keyboard
    05-06-10 11:49 PM
    It would be pretty cool to have a delete button but the keyboard is already so small why make it smaller?

05-06-10 11:56 PM
    Shift backspace deletes everything I have typed in the text message. This has really annoyed me more than once. Perhaps there is some setting I missed ...

It used to be that the "!?123" key + backspace would delete my whole text on .320 but I haven't noticed it on .607

05-07-10 12:42 AM

I think that's when you hold it down. Maybe your "Hover Period" needs to be set lower. If I'm not mistaken, that's the amount of time it takes the phone to register a "held" button.
    05-07-10 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD