Wasn't about to be lame and start a thread, but I agree with the OP. With the limitations based on memory RIM really has taken one giant bowel movement on all of its consumer customers.

RIM does email.

Thats it.

That is the ONE thing that they do better than everyone else.

OS 6.0 won't even improve on those stats.

I am going through some issues but once I get them resolved I will be moving on to the X. I love the Storm because of the click it is a big mans phone, but phones like the EVO and Droid X resolve those issues with very nice sized keyboards.

Its sad to say this, I used to be one of the most die hard users on this site, an this is my first post in months. Almost all of the early adopters of the 9530 have gone over to Android. The Storm 2 while better simply doesn't cut it. The lack of support for a device that hasn't even been out a year, is distressing. Wanna see support then look no further than Google and HTC working on updates STILL for the G1. Now that is support.

Android is the way to go. The Iphone won't even be able to stand up to it within a year or so. The only thing that could save the Iphone was a cross carrier release. With it being stuck on AT&T it is being marginalized. People will not switch to AT&T's crappy service for the Iphone when the Incredible, Droid X, and EVO are all available on their current service. Apple really did shoot themselves in the foot with that exclusivity deal.

Android is simply better. I hate to say it, I rejected it for a long time, then came the EVO. **** I almost switched to Sprint just to get it.
    08-01-10 03:40 PM
    Wow..whoever came up with the expression great minds think alike must be hitting themselves right now.
    Please turn this into a why I like my Droid better than a BB or mods please close it. Do we really need another I don't like my Storm thread. Some people will never get it. Dee de deeEeee.
    08-01-10 03:45 PM
    Wow..whoever came up with the expression great minds think alike must be hitting themselves right now.
    Please turn this into a why I like my Droid better than a BB or mods please close it. Do we really need another I don't like my Storm thread. Some people will never get it. Dee de deeEeee.
    Boy, ain't that the truth! How ironic.
    08-01-10 03:51 PM
    Funny I don't think anyone has said that they hated their Storm 2 since your last post.

It not that I hate my Storm 2, although with the current Hybrid I have been running it is rather buggy. I have liked the Storm series, but I will say without a doubt that Android is better in nearly everyway and I don't even own one yet. I have played with the EVO, the Droid X, and the Incredible and they are all better than any current Blackberry device on the market. Everytime I open the browser up on one of those phones I just wanna throw my Storm. The blackberry browser sucks. It is aweful. Better than an EnV Touch but the worst of any smartphone.

I am not some random troll, not blowing my own horn, but I have been around with the Storm series since Nov 21, 2008 and can honestly say that Android is better.
    Last edited by Valace2; 08-01-10 at 03:58 PM.
    08-01-10 03:55 PM
    Funny I don't think anyone has said that they hated their Storm 2 since your last post.

It not that I hate my Storm 2, although with the current Hybrid I have been running it is rather buggy. I have liked the Storm series, but I will say without a doubt that Android is better in nearly everyway and I don't even own one yet. I have played with the EVO, the Droid X, and the Incredible and they are all better than any current Blackberry device on the market. Everytime I open the browser up on one of those phones I just wanna throw my Storm. The blackberry browser sucks. It is aweful. Better than an EnV Touch but the worst of any smartphone.

It's pointless going back and forth. Obviously we touched a nerve with him, and he just doesn't want to listen to any of it..he just wants to keep crying about it and asking mods to delete it as if Crackberry is a cult, and will not let any other opinions on any other devices on their site. C'mon....really? This is so damn important to you that no one should offer their opinions on the BB's as long as it's negative?

I'm happy you started this thread, and to read other peoples opinions with the switch; reasons for them, and welcome every ones opinion as well.

I just do not get why people have to berate others about it...never got it, never will.
    08-01-10 04:04 PM
    About the sync with BB and google. The contacts and such are suppose to sync automatically using settings in BIS, i tried this again for the second time after i backed up all contacts and it still created some duplicates and also lost all the contact pictures. I havent tried the sync app but the GOOGLE CLOUD just doesnt seem to work right. I manually sync my BB with outlook still and it works perfectly. I also do it with my Incredible, and it works on but not great.
    I never tried the sync through BIS services, only through downloading and using GoogleSync. It was flawless for me. You could always try clearing out your current gmail calendar and contacts, download GoogleSync and give that a go (probably turn it off in BIS first to avoid potential conflicts). Gmail does have a great duplicates merger function as well. I just got tied of always having to hook up my cable for syncing.
    08-01-10 04:11 PM
    It's pointless going back and forth. Obviously we touched a nerve with him, and he just doesn't want to listen to any of it..he just wants to keep crying about it and asking mods to delete it as if Crackberry is a cult, and will not let any other opinions on any other devices on their site. C'mon....really? This is so damn important to you that no one should offer their opinions on the BB's as long as it's negative?

I'm happy you started this thread, and to read other peoples opinions with the switch; reasons for them, and welcome every ones opinion as well.

I just do not get why people have to berate others about it...never got it, never will.
    I didn't start the thread lol. I didn't want to be one of those guys lol. I just figured I would contribute.
    08-01-10 04:12 PM
    this post really says it all:

I think it's the loyalty factor. Most of us are coming over from blackberry phones, and didn't want to leave. Ever since the droids phones started to get popular, most have waited and waited for RIM to offer something, ANYTHING on par with the lineup of droid phones. Finally, RIM offered a new OS that wont work on most of their current phones, and the soon to be released phones are a slider and clamshell with 512 mb of RAM, which are still behind the android phones. Motorola is talking about putting out a phone with a 2 ghz processor, 720P recording, and 4.3 inch screen?? Even if it doesn't happen, that's the kind of positive buzz you need to create within your organization.

The attraction to the Droid was simply too much for most of us to bear. Leaving blackberry is bittersweet for most, and we sincerely hope that RIM starts to step to the plate and hit some homeruns.
    Keep in mind...the X ALREADY has a 1ghz, 720p recording, and 4.3 inch screen. AND is just a few weeks away from getting flash. You know damn well that if a BB had these specs, everyone would be salivating over it! Stop worrying so much about the name brand of the phone, and then you just might see how impressive this phone really is.

I think posting these threads should be welcomed, as it just might give a good swift kick in the a$$ that BB needs, because well all know RIM reads them!
    Last edited by Smahie; 08-01-10 at 04:32 PM. Reason: some of the quote was missing
    08-01-10 04:28 PM
    I didn't start the thread lol. I didn't want to be one of those guys lol. I just figured I would contribute.
    "those guys"... You mean, a guy who has an opinion that might differ from others? It's ok. ...I like "those guys"!
    08-01-10 04:29 PM
    "those guys"... You mean, a guy who has an opinion that might differ from others? It's ok. ...I like "those guys"!
    There is a time and a place for it. People come to Crackberry and the forums in particular to get help with their devices. I think that threads talking about going to Android or coming back from Android or asking info about Android in general should be entered into the Android forum. People who need help shouldn't have to chew through threads like these to get the help that they need.

As dissapointed as I am in RIM's lack of innovation and progress Crackberry is a place for Blackberry users.
    08-01-10 04:42 PM
    There is a time and a place for it. People come to Crackberry and the forums in particular to get help with their devices. I think that threads talking about going to Android or coming back from Android or asking info about Android in general should be entered into the Android forum. People who need help shouldn't have to chew through threads like these to get the help that they need.

As dissapointed as I am in RIM's lack of innovation and progress Crackberry is a place for Blackberry users.
    I completely agree...there is a time and a place. The time is right now, and the place is right here. I am a current Storm 2 owner, and have been completely deflated with the the current "innovations" that RIM has to offer. I came to the 9550 thread because that is currently what I own ( I just ordered X and impatiently awaiting it's arrival). I was such a loyal fan that I wasn't even aware of the Droid X until a few days ago. I never even considered switching over UNTIL I found out that my RECENTLY purchased phone was NOT going to get the new OS6. I was bummed to say the least.

I believe that RIM no longer wants to appease it's current customers but they are more interested in boosting new phone sales...well now what? If you want that phone, you will have to buy it out right, wait til your contract ends, or early termination. I understand technology moves fast ..but really? I bought this phone less than 8 months ago and it's already an EOL? I refuse to keep spending my hard earned money every 6 months just to have the newest technology. The Droid X comes with 2.1, and will be upgrading to 2.2 in just a manner of weeks (late summer), and that technology is 2 to 5 times faster than the 2.1. Guess what?? I don't have to shell out another dime to get that update. That's bad business sense and that is the reason A LOT of people are jumping ship.

I really just wanted to see what other people thought about it, especially current 9550 owners who feel like they are getting the shaft. I guess I'm just one of "those guys".
    08-01-10 05:13 PM
    I've never had a cell phone (now they're mini computer phones) that I've been 100% satisfied with. But from my Storm 1 to my Storm 2, I'm just frustrated enough that I'm moving to Android. In my hands the Storm 2 has been sluggish, poor internet performance, great email handling, and for the few apps I want the BB market stinks and is over priced.

I have never loaded (nor had any desire to) unofficial software releases, so I've been tethered to VZW's releases. In my opinion RIM, even with a Storm that was supposed to be in the same league as an iPhone and others just wasn't ready for prime time in that niche. I could wait for the next updated RIM release, but I figure based on the Droid marketplace and the Android system I'll give it a whirl. I've already read many mixed reviews for the Droid X. I read the same for the Storm 2. I just need to move on.

I'm really not sure what apps I'll run on the Droid X when I get it. I do know I will be running Slingplayer Mobile which is not ready for the Storm 2 and ready for many other mobile devices including the Droid X. Other than that only time will tell where my emotions go once I leave BB behind.
    http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...4-big-yawn.jpg
    08-01-10 05:19 PM
    To Valace2: I am a Storm 2 owner and my wife is a Storm 1 owner. I will still be a Storm family when my Droid X arrives as my wife will keep the Storm 2. I will be comparing the two over the next several months. This is a Storm 2 comparison thread. I have not posted or once insinuated that this was a "I hate my Storm and am going to Droid" thread. This thread is meant to be a sharing of my experiences with BB, and then have the ability to run both phones side-by-side for several months. It should be a great learning expereience for me and will provide some information for others.

To Cyber Warrior: take that Storm out of you a$$ for a moment. <----- that was meant in all honesty to be just a stupid joke so PLEASE don't take that personally. In all honesty, I don't see where I have ever led on that this thread was a whining about my Storm thread. If it does sound like that than I apologize for not being the greatest forum communicator. For you to constantly tell the mod to close the thread or change the title makes me feel like a failure in the communication world. I'm sorry of I've led you astray. I only meant this thread to be a journey of sorts so current Storm 1&@ owners can read about somebody else's experince in the changeover. I am a techie and love talking tech stuff, so this is fun for me.

To dave1812: now I'm sleepy
    08-01-10 05:43 PM
    I wasn't trying to put down anyone and their experience or put down this thread. I have nothing against the Droid. I would love to hear about peoples experiences with switching from a BB to another phone. Just didn't want to see another thread about how I hate my BB and am switching to a Droid. Not everyone is going to like a BB and not everyone is going to like the Droid. Its all about the user and what suits them. Like I said whatever floats your boat. If you took this as me bashing the Droid I apologize but so far I have not seen anywhere in this thread about how their experience is with the Droid which you all are claiming that this is what this thread is about.
    So instead of trying to twist my words around and keep making posts on my comments, let's hear about what this thread was suppose to be.
    What is your experience with the Droid?
    08-01-10 06:34 PM
    I wasn't trying to put down anyone and their experience or put down this thread. I have nothing against the Droid. I would love to hear about peoples experiences with switching from a BB to another phone. Just didn't want to see another thread about how I hate my BB and am switching to a Droid. Not everyone is going to like a BB and not everyone is going to like the Droid. Its all about the user and what suits them. Like I said whatever floats your boat. If you took this as me bashing the Droid I apologize but so far I have not seen anywhere in this thread about how their experience is with the Droid which you all are claiming that this is what this thread is about.
    So instead of trying to twist my words around and keep making posts on my comments, let's hear about what this thread was suppose to be.
    What is your experience with the Droid?
    The 1st post is the beginning of the journey. If you read my 1st post - it says the Droid is on the way (step#1 is the ordering/shipping phase). So hopefully I'll have the Droid X in my hands this week and the true comparisons will begin.
    08-01-10 06:39 PM
    Waaaa- I am not getting the os6 for my storm2 so I am going out and buying a new purse tomorrow. That will show RIM!!!!!

Seriously- this is the Blackberry section and like many have mentioned- there are already tons of these threads. You don't even have the phone yet and still felt you needed to start a thread about it. No offense -but does that make sense?
    Just saying.......
    08-01-10 11:52 PM
    Boohoo how come my phone that came out last november is not as good as a phone that's barely been released?

Seriously, I don't mind the reviews, but people seem to forget that the s2 is much older. They act like rim made it yesterday in response to the droid x.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jgreen1tc; 08-02-10 at 08:08 AM.
    08-02-10 08:05 AM
    Boohoo how come my phone that came out last november is not as good as a phone that's barely been released?

Seriously, I don't mind the reviews, but people seem to forget that the s2 is much older. They act like rim made it yesterday in response to the droid x.
    Quite a childish answer...but oh, so true, I love it! Let's see what RIM offers in their next generation Storm (not the refresh), and then we can whine.
    08-02-10 08:12 AM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok, but the original Moto Droid smokes the s2 also, and they were released at about the same time.
    08-02-10 08:27 AM
    Ok, but the original Moto Droid smokes the s2 also, and they were released at about the same time.
    Exactly how does it "smoke" the S2? Other than browser speed, ya got nothing. Have you even used an S2, or do you just claim too? I think you're the one "smoking" something! I just can't fall for your "smole and mirrors."
    08-02-10 09:27 AM
    In our company my CEO wanted to switch away from Blackberries...So we tried the Droid Incredible when it came out, sent it back after 2 weeks.

Tried the Droid X and sent it back after a week..

Both were great phones..the browser how it has been said several times over and over, is great. Lots of apps and bells and whistles.

BUT in our opinion, the Droid is much more a consumer phone than business (just our opinion). As far as messaging goes, the Blackberry (For us) was/is easier to message on.

The 'simplicity' was just easier. We are all techie's and know what we are doing, but none of us could love the Android OS enough to keep it.

The deal breaker for me actually was the Droid X size and battery life.

Just my 2 cents..and I would think if BB hits a grand slam with OS 6 and a couple new phones within the next 6-12 months, they will continue to do well..
    08-02-10 09:57 AM
    A guy at work walked in with the Evo the other day (basically the same phone as the Droid X but different network and is 4G). The screen is flat out awesome. It is about an inch bigger than the Storm 2 screen even though the phone itself is only about a quarter inch longer. It does video like nobody's business. Blackberry video does not even compare. It is a nice sturdy phone and felt good to hold, like the Storm 2.

When we started comparing apps and texting and email the differences suddenly became very minor. Google maps might load up a fraction of a second faster on an Evo but after that it is the same app. Email and texting dominates on my Storm. The apps he had on his Evo I pretty much had on my Storm or I could install the app on my storm if I wanted too.

If you watch a lot of video, movies, youtube then the Evo is the phone to have. Other than the video I really saw very little that made me want to change. I might look at droid in another year. I'm good with what I've got right now.

But the screen was drop dead awesome.
    08-02-10 10:07 AM
    My son has been playing with his Droid X the past couple of days. I've been telling him the things I will be looking for in the X versus what the Storm 2 already offers me.

I've had issues with both my Storm 1 and Storm 2. I went through 3 Storm 1's and am on my 2nd Storm 2. I fully understand there are many happy Storm 2 owners out there. My changing has nothing to do with - "wow, look what's out there now, better than my S2" - quite the contrary. I kept my desktop computer going for 7 years before upgrading. I believe in if it's not broke don't fix it. But in my hands, and only uploading official VZW releases, the Storm 2 in my hands has not been a performer. If your only use for a BB is business (email, messaging), then a BB will win. But I went for the Storm with the hope that RIM was "crossing over" into the comsumer market. Why offer a touch screen device that was arguably put out there to compete with the iPhone and move away from a staple BB with keyboard if you wanted to stick to business only? I bought in hoping the Storm 2 would give me something more and it hasn't. Again, I repeat that with all 5 of my Storms I see a sluggish performer outside of email and texting. I've deleted many apps trying to increase speed to no avail. I don't runn that much stuff, but I would like too. The S2 hardware is just too limited. I'm not too worried about battery life because I always plug into the car when driving and charge at home. I'll probably get a 2nd battery for the X - have one for the S2.

I also know full well that a month down the road the next latest and greates phone will arrive that's better than the Droid X. I don't care. I want a capable converged device that is a working to MY personal standards. I want a "do it all" device and I just don't think RIM has kept up.

Right now the only important "play app" for me is Slingplayer Mobile and that does not work on the Storm (can use a Pearl version but it's not very good or supported) and will work on an Android device. Other than that, I have not been impressed with the BB marketplace apps - my iPod Touch has much better apps for my use, as does my old Dell Axim X5 Advanced.
    08-02-10 10:29 AM
    In our company my CEO wanted to switch away from Blackberries...So we tried the Droid Incredible when it came out, sent it back after 2 weeks.

Tried the Droid X and sent it back after a week..

Both were great phones..the browser how it has been said several times over and over, is great. Lots of apps and bells and whistles.

BUT in our opinion, the Droid is much more a consumer phone than business (just our opinion). As far as messaging goes, the Blackberry (For us) was/is easier to message on.

The 'simplicity' was just easier. We are all techie's and know what we are doing, but none of us could love the Android OS enough to keep it.

The deal breaker for me actually was the Droid X size and battery life.

Just my 2 cents..and I would think if BB hits a grand slam with OS 6 and a couple new phones within the next 6-12 months, they will continue to do well..
    BB excels in white collar environments, it's the reason why more than 90% of my contacts are also BB users. BBM, security and push mail are the strong points companies look for when providing cell phones to their employees. The Android and iPhones excel more in multimedia stuff, and you know bosses don't want their employees sitting in their cubicles or at meetings playing games and watching youtube/hulu videos right?
    08-02-10 10:41 AM
    This comment is not directed at any particular person in this or any thread.

I feel like I read posts so often about people on 2nd, 3rd, 4th Storm 2 ... and I wonder what the **** they're doing with them! I've had my Storm 2 since the weekend in launched in October, and it's still flawless. Screen is responsive and perfect, no calls dropped ever, (ever), and battery lasts almost 2 solid days at normal use.

I just wonder honestly if i'm lucky, or if everyone else is just using their phone to hammer nails in or something. Anyhow, your regularly scheduled pseudo-somewhat passive aggressive-flame war will now return.
    08-02-10 10:42 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD