Yes I know they dont charge for iTunes plus. BUt iTunes plus is brand new as of last month or the beginning of this month. Everything purchased prior to that time is protected unless upgraded.
    dude iTunes Plus has been around for probly over a year now, idk what you are on.
    03-22-09 08:27 PM
    I transferred over about 1000, I have 3 touch ipods with about 9000 songs in my itunes. at first I only used songs I know that I purchased to verify they worked and played. The program works really well and is easy to use. its worth the price, there is a trial but it only lets you convert 3 minutes of any song. check it out: Download TuneClone - Convert M4P,WMA and Any Other Music Format to MP3 via virtual CD Burning
    Do you know of any program similar to Tune Clone that is compatible with Mac Leopard OS?
    03-22-09 08:32 PM
    I did a google search and it liiks like a program called iMOVIE will remove DRM on a MAC: Remove iTunes DRM on Windows and Mac
    03-22-09 08:41 PM
    dude iTunes Plus has been around for probly over a year now, idk what you are on.
    I guess so. Never paid attention until recently. Mostly because I just heard about it going to plus. This is actually what I was talking about.

iTunes Plus drops all-or-nothing upgrades, goes a la carte - Ars Technica

Being able to choose which songs to make DRM free. I just assumed it was something new.
    03-22-09 09:00 PM
    Being able to choose which songs to make DRM free. I just assumed it was something new.
    It's been around for a while. The recent news was Apple moving most of their library to "plus" (e.g., phasing out DRM-protected songs).

If you've purchased music from iTunes in the past, you would've paid a higher price for DRM-free plus files. Now, I believe they no longer charge extra, and they've made progress in converting a lot of their library to DRM-free.

Bottom line is if you have an older DRM-protected AAC file, you won't be able to play it on the Storm without stripping the DRM. Copying a DRM-protected file to the Storm won't (or shouldn't) work.
    03-22-09 09:12 PM
    Maybe that is the case. I will have to look and see. But like I have said songs that I have transfered still say protected in iTunes and play on the phone. Maybe what I thought is incorrect.
    03-22-09 09:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD