YES!!! I just recieved my replacement phone, and I did get lucky; brand new with all the trimmings! I was hoping i got a new one, not just the phone. I will update later, to see which one is better, the one I have or the replacement.
    12-05-08 08:27 AM
    My replacement was delivered yesterday. I am out of town, but flying home later today. I will let you know if mine is also new.
    12-05-08 08:31 AM
    gotr my replacement as well yesterday. maybe its me and im nuts but i dont think its much better. friends is coming today, im curious to see when his was produced. btw my first one as well as wife's (which is great btw) were manufactured on 11/21/08 and my new one was 11/20/08 ironically. hmmmm
    12-05-08 08:37 AM
    Last time I got a replacement they never made me send the broken one back. Are they making you and providing a box?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 08:51 AM
    YES!!! I just recieved my replacement phone, and I did get lucky; brand new with all the trimmings! I was hoping i got a new one, not just the phone. I will update later, to see which one is better, the one I have or the replacement.
    Did it come in a retail box or brown box? If in brown box, its refurbished. Internals are from other Storms but the casing is new with protective covering.
    Last time I got a replacement they never made me send the broken one back. Are they making you and providing a box?

You ship it back in the same brown box they gave you. If you dont ship it back, They'll charge your account for the price of the phone.
    12-05-08 09:09 AM
    mine came in OEM packaging as new. yes i believei have to send it back dont i?
    12-05-08 09:44 AM
    The box should contain a return FedEx label.
    12-05-08 09:47 AM
    yes send it back one or the other or u will be charged 499.99
    12-05-08 09:48 AM
    Did it come in a retail box or brown box? If in brown box, its refurbished. Internals are from other Storms but the casing is new with protective covering.

You ship it back in the same brown box they gave you. If you dont ship it back, They'll charge your account for the price of the phone.
    It's not a refurb in a brown box (yet) - it's just the new phone itself because they can't get them off the line and in complete boxes w/ accessories quick enough according to the rep I spoke to.
    12-05-08 09:48 AM

If they don't receive the old one back within 30 days of you getting the new one, you will see a $500 charge show up on your bill
    12-05-08 09:50 AM
    my should be here next tues (12/9)
    12-05-08 09:51 AM
    Got a brown box as well, spoke to another rep and it is a new phone, they cannot send you a refurb if you just purchased.
    12-05-08 09:52 AM
    How much you think they would charge me if when I receive my new one I send back only the old phone minus the battery and 8gig card? I have a replacement one set to arrive in the next week or so, and was debating pulling the battery and card to keep
    12-05-08 09:52 AM

BRAND NEW RETAIL BOX! ALL NEW HARDWARE AND BOOKS.
    12-05-08 09:57 AM
    BRAND NEW RETAIL BOX! ALL NEW HARDWARE AND BOOKS.
    Just curious, where was your replacement phone shipped from?
    12-05-08 10:00 AM
    Be aware that you were charged for it already too. I was and mine is not even going to be sent out until 12/15. Already see it on my bill.
    12-05-08 10:02 AM
    easy way to tell if its a refurb, if you look on the back usually under the battery there will be a small sticker, the only thing on this sticker is 2 or 3 letters and a date. that is the techs initials and date it was refurbished.
    12-05-08 10:12 AM
    Just curious, where was your replacement phone shipped from?
    It was shipped from WEST CHESTER, PA. I've been tracking it all night. It was supposed to be here by 3pm, but came at 10am!
    12-05-08 10:16 AM
    Well I got my "NEW" replacement phone and here's the deal: The phone is 100% better, than my old! Its more responsive, the landscape/portrait mode, flips better, and the sounds are louder(yea, louder)! I do see a difference in both phones. Hey, its worth a shot, the second time around, even though I have about rwo weeks left to get a new one!
    12-05-08 10:20 AM
    Well I got my "NEW" replacement phone and here's the deal: The phone is 100% better, than my old! Its more responsive, the landscape/portrait mode, flips better, and the sounds are louder(yea, louder)! I do see a difference in both phones. Hey, its worth a shot, the second time around, even though I have about rwo weeks left to get a new one!
    Is it running the new OS or is still version 65? Or did you upload the new OS for it to be that responsive?
    12-05-08 10:27 AM
    easy way to tell if its a refurb, if you look on the back usually under the battery there will be a small sticker, the only thing on this sticker is 2 or 3 letters and a date. that is the techs initials and date it was refurbished.
    My replacement is new, has the brand new sticker there and is also the 21009 model not the 19*** that we first got.
    12-05-08 10:32 AM
    same operating system on the returned phones?
    12-05-08 10:34 AM
    i'm assuming when you said "new", your phone was one of the brown boxed ones?
    12-05-08 01:13 PM
    Is it running the new OS or is still version 65? Or did you upload the new OS for it to be that responsive?
    No, same OS...waiting to upgrade, like everyone else.
    12-05-08 01:23 PM
    i'm assuming when you said "new", your phone was one of the brown boxed ones?
    NO, it was in a brown fedex box, but in the orignal retail box, when we bought it new.
    12-05-08 01:24 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD