Yes, but the Iphone's gui was this good from day one.
    No one but you and I can comprehend this fact.
    03-28-09 09:00 PM
    No one but you and I can comprehend this fact.
    I'm with you.I know Apple fanboys blindly stick up for the iPhone, but I didn't know there were RIM fanboys...

Comparing the iPhone at launch to the Storm at launch is crazy. Sure the iPhone was lacking in features, but it's GUI was all there and worked just fine. The Storm barely functioned when it launched. The iPhone had bugs, but it was completely useable and had a responsive, well thought out GUI.

I hate Apple, just ask any of my friends, but the iPhones GUI was a pleasure from day 1. The Storm hasn't even made it that far in 4 months, and I don't know if it ever will..
    03-28-09 09:16 PM
    I'm with you.I know Apple fanboys blindly stick up for the iPhone, but I didn't know there were RIM fanboys...

Comparing the iPhone at launch to the Storm at launch is crazy. Sure the iPhone was lacking in features, but it's GUI was all there and worked just fine. The Storm barely functioned when it launched. The iPhone had bugs, but it was completely useable and had a responsive, well thought out GUI.

I hate Apple, just ask any of my friends, but the iPhones GUI was a pleasure from day 1. The Storm hasn't even made it that far in 4 months, and I don't know if it ever will..
    Im a Mac user, was a former iPhone user so there is some bias perhaps. But I have stuck up for the Storm to Mac/iPhone users, and I have done the same here when people post complete non-sense about the iPhone.

I honestly dont take sides, I speak pretty truthfully regardless of what device it is, good or bad.

I wasnt a big fan of the iPhones virtual keyboard. I liked the press-click of the Storm (at first anyway). Email on any BB is and likely always will be better than anything out there. I hate there is no removable battery on the iPhone. Cant comprehend they are just now rolling out copy/paste and MMS. Copy/paste should have been there from day 1.

All that said, the iPhone at launch was better than what we have now with the Storm 4 months in. The iPhone didnt have near the glitches and bugs weve had to put up with.

And after the 3.0 update to the iPhone how could there be any question, regardless of the fanboyism for BB, that the iPHone is head and shoulders above anything out there.
    03-28-09 09:29 PM
    In my humble opinion, people who argue FOR the iPhone are really missing the point. No doubt the iPhone has better GUI. There is no argument on that. But it is the carrier that keeps many of us away.

Think about this. Randy Moss is an excellent football player. Does anyone remember what had he done with he was playing for the Oakland Raiders which was (and still is) an inferior team? And what's happened when he got traded to the New England Patriots which is a superior team? A great player will not do jack for you when he is playing with an inferior team. So is a great phone. Many of my friends who own an iPhone are not using the data much. So what's the point of owning a great device? Just for show? It is like you own a Ferrari and got stuck in traffic jam all the time. I have found many people who bought the iPhone are for vanity purpose.

I have been using converged devices for 10 years, and the Storm is the best I have ever had. Much better than my XV6800. The Storm fills all my needs and that's good enough for me. There is no need for me to keep comparing other devices. This "my private part is bigger than yours" type of argument is quite juvenile.

For those who keep complaining about the Storm, please go buy another phone. Nobody points a gun at your head to stay with the Storm. You are free to go and please leave this forum too because this is a BlackBerry forum. But I believe most of the people who complain about the Storm are simply chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. You will never find it and you will never be satisfied.
    Last edited by substring; 03-28-09 at 09:53 PM.
    03-28-09 09:47 PM
    The storm and thw phone have the same accelorometer lag except the iphone had a cool little animation which give the illusion of it not having any lag. So hah!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 09:52 PM
    No, I believe you are wrong. But regardless of which side you believe, the fact is neither of us can prove it either way. At the time Steve Jobs pitched to VZW, before the iPhone, came out it was a complete unknown if Apple could actually pull off a phone that would sell very well. Now that its become THE phone to have, and ever other phone is compared to the iPhone, Apple has the upper hand in any negotiation. You really think whoever is in charge of this decision wouldnt kill to get the iPhone on their network?

All of this is a moot point until ATT exclusivity is over though.
    Actaully, Verizon refused the phone due to Apples Demands to keep all control over the device. You see Verizon exerts all control over all devices that go onto their network. Verizon does not want a device that offers Visual Voice mail for free, has to go through ANOTHER COMPANY to be replaced under warranty, has no control over what Software is placed onto the device, and has no say in what goes on to the App Store... Sorry you pathetic fanboy but Verizon would not want that device because they wouldn't make the maximum profit.

Heck, why does Verizon want the iPhone that uses iTunes which would compete with its Vcast Music with Rhapsody? Verizon would want to place Vcast on to the iPhone which would then compete with Apples Proprietary iTunes and not to burst your bubble but Verizon wouldn't even want that on the device as they would make ZERO on iTunes...

As for the iPhone being "the Phone" thats why ATT is the largest Provider in the US right? Oh wait Verizon Wireless has over eight million more customers..... The iPhone is the number one "smartphone" thats no duh but most customers have normal handsets with only the hardcore having PDAs, Blackberries, and iPhones.

Madison "you are in loser denial." The 1st gen iPhone was not horrible. Please back that up with some statistics. I had one, had no problems with it whatsoever. No product launch is without problems. But the Storm rollout was a complete and utter joke compared to the iPhone launch.
    The first gen iPhone had to be replaced if you let the battery drain... Thats not BS thats FACT. The phone then had the following issues that had to be cleared up by 1.1.3 but didn't.... Bluetooth Compatibility, mail crashing and restarting phone, and sounds not working. Then when 2.0 was released it was BRICKING THE FIRST GEN PHONES!

Now if you want to lie or call "Hax" i invite you to stop being a slobbering fanboy ******...

The GUI was great ..... I would expect that from apple... a company whom has made its name on the UI on their Macs....
    03-28-09 09:52 PM
    My zero dot zero two...

Don't compare them. I have and love both.

The Storm is a new technology in which I do not compare it to the iPhone and IMO I think it is a very good product and like Bla1ze said, aside from the Hybrids out now, there won't be much more. The second coming of the Storm may shine the way everyone would like it to.
    03-28-09 10:01 PM
    My zero dot zero two...

Don't compare them. I have and love both.

The Storm is a new technology in which I do not compare it to the iPhone and IMO I think it is a very good product and like Bla1ze said, aside from the Hybrids out now, there won't be much more. The second coming of the Storm may shine the way everyone would like it to.
    I agree there phones are very different in all regards. I may get an iPhone due to my want to try out the ATT network in VA but i find myself weighing the pros and cons of each device.

Thinks i like about the Storm
    BIS Email
    Text Input
    Custom Ringtones and alerts
    Running Aim and Yahoo Messenger at all times
    VzNav ( I like VzNav)
    Removable Memory and Battery
    3.2 MP Camera
    MMS (I don't use MMS and the iPhone will have that soon)

Things I like about the iPhone
    The App Store
    Safari Browser is AWESOME
    The GUI is awesome (its Apple... their UIs are generally great)
    Multimedia capabilities
    Multitouch
    03-28-09 11:12 PM
    Not trying to be rude, but sooo many people post something like this every week there should be a sticky. thanks for sharing your thoughts tho. lolz
    03-28-09 11:33 PM
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe the iPhone can take video, even in OS 3.0.

On the other hand, for a while my Storm would take video I just couldn't save it
    03-29-09 01:19 AM

The first gen iPhone had to be replaced if you let the battery drain... Thats not BS thats FACT. The phone then had the following issues that had to be cleared up by 1.1.3 but didn't.... Bluetooth Compatibility, mail crashing and restarting phone, and sounds not working. Then when 2.0 was released it was BRICKING THE FIRST GEN PHONES!

Now if you want to lie or call "Hax" i invite you to stop being a slobbering fanboy ******...
    Lets see the facts on that pal. Post them up. Enough of this bullcrap throwing words around without backing it up.

My wife and I both had 1st gen iPhones. The battery drained plenty of times to zero and was able to be charged. Thats 2 out of a million, but Im saying, I have hands-on experience and didnt see this behavior. You are basically saying every device that drained to zero was a paperweight.

Your other claims are bogus also. Bluetooth compatibility, is there were any issues, whos to say it wasnt the device folks were trying to pair? Never had any mail crashing either.

As far as phone getting bricked, yes I heard about this. It was jailbroken phones. How is that Apples fault? Jailbreaking is risky, you are modifying the code when you do it.

Im not being a fanboy of anything. There are just so many people here, yourself included, throwing about "facts" about the iPhone bugs, yet being a former iPhone users and knowing a ton of others, no one had any of these problems. Do I think that the iPhone was completely without issues? Of course not. With any electrical device, a percentage of them are going to fail or have hardware problems. Some of these supposed "facts" you are tossing around, maybe the device had a hardware issue and caused some things to malfunctions.

The issue at hand between the Storm and iPhone is software related. The iPhone OS was very stable from the start. The Storm hardly.

Actaully, Verizon refused the phone due to Apples Demands to keep all control over the device. You see Verizon exerts all control over all devices that go onto their network. Verizon does not want a device that offers Visual Voice mail for free, has to go through ANOTHER COMPANY to be replaced under warranty, has no control over what Software is placed onto the device, and has no say in what goes on to the App Store... Sorry you pathetic fanboy but Verizon would not want that device because they wouldn't make the maximum profit.

Heck, why does Verizon want the iPhone that uses iTunes which would compete with its Vcast Music with Rhapsody? Verizon would want to place Vcast on to the iPhone which would then compete with Apples Proprietary iTunes and not to burst your bubble but Verizon wouldn't even want that on the device as they would make ZERO on iTunes...

As for the iPhone being "the Phone" thats why ATT is the largest Provider in the US right? Oh wait Verizon Wireless has over eight million more customers..... The iPhone is the number one "smartphone" thats no duh but most customers have normal handsets with only the hardcore having PDAs, Blackberries, and iPhones.

I guess I can go ahead and clear the rest of this FUD up while Im at it.

1) Yes, VZW refused Apples demands initially. That was before the iPhone was a proven commodity. Its since gone on to outsell every phone that Im aware of. Ive already gone over this. Its just like iTunes. Initially the record companies wanted this, that, and the other. Once iTunes became such a powerhouse music distributor they, Apple, are negotiating from the power position. The same with the iPhone. If Apple were to bring it over it would be on their terms, and I think its safe to say VZW would comply.

2) No comment on the vcast thing. Only thing I can say is does every single VZW phone offer vcast? If not, then what would be different about the iPhone not offering it?

3) well after you swallow Alltel and how many other small, regional carrier, the numbers add up for sure. Not saying ATT hasnt done the same, but the customers base is a non-issue. There are reasons why people dont or cant switch. All that said, the iPhone passed the Razr as the best selling domestic phone no?

iPhone 3G overtakes the RAZR as best-selling domestic handset

BTW, I love how you are vehemently attacking the iPhone and calling me a "fanboy", not once but twice. So...what do you call yourself? Apparently you are riding the Storms jock pretty tight.
    Last edited by voodoodaddy; 03-29-09 at 08:28 PM.
    03-29-09 07:58 AM
    This is why we love the ipod touch. It has most of the "fun" functionality and smoothness in operation that the iphone has, without one of the crappiest networks backing it up. I used to own an iphone, loved it for the fun but it could never be my main communication device. I have a bold now and just bought a new storm. The same site takes 5 times longer to access on the bold than it does the storm, both with full 3g signals. I certainly do not blame the bold. The bottom line is that ATT sucks and the network backing your phone is the first and most important thing in whether the phone can make it. The Storm has made improvements since it first came out, but the typing will never be there for me. The perfect solution i believe, it to wait for the Niagra 9630 and have the most up to date ipod touch with the most memory. 64gb soon??
    03-29-09 08:36 AM
    I am running the leaked release .113 hybrid and I installed the "black gnome" theme. I have to say that after installing the .113 that I noticed a HUGE improvement in the audio quality. In fact, I used to NEVER used my storm with my car's audio system. I decided to see if there were any improvements after the new installation and wow! I can't tell the difference between my ipod touch and my storm. For those non- believers, try it for yourself. Also, the new them runs so smooth and I have had no freezes or reboots since installing it. What is the relevance of all of this? I think that we haven't nearly seen what RIM has up it's sleeve for the storm. No company this advanced is stupid enough not to build in advance features to be released in the future.
    03-29-09 09:29 AM
    Like you said, the Storm is "still leaps and bounds behind the iPhone." I'm sure with time the Storm will make vast improvements in their OS and functionality.
    What he said

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 09:35 AM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD