I ordered mine as well. No line for me. Ordered & got the confirmation number and all. I'll be broke until the 15th of December, but hey...
    Last edited by ClassaN0va; 11-18-08 at 09:36 AM.
    11-18-08 09:32 AM
    I think I'll call either a little later today or tomorrow and order one myself. There is a store around the corner from my work and one two blocks from my house. I still don't want to wait in line, deal with all the traffic in the parking lots, and get stuck with some 18yr old salesperson that is gonna try and switch me to a LG Chocolate cause it's cool and can play MP3's. Ugh..
    11-18-08 09:35 AM
    Are all of you eligible for upgrades? Or are they giving anyone the opportunity to order from Tele-sales?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, I have been out of contract since september. I asked my sales person about my wife's contract since her's is not up until February and people have been saying VZW will let you re-up at a discount with this phone. She said I needed to talk to customer service about that. If you call sales and they can't help you, they will put you through to CS.
    11-18-08 09:42 AM
    I'm in GA, and they (3 different rep.) tell me that they aren't taking pre orders. It on a 1st come 1st serve basis. You must come into the store and pick it up. I told the last rep taht I know peolle are pre-ordering and he said no through me. I can wait til Friday and order and get it Wednesday or Thursday.
    11-18-08 09:43 AM
    I'm in GA, and they (3 different rep.) tell me that they aren't taking pre orders. It on a 1st come 1st serve basis. You must come into the store and pick it up. I told the last rep taht I know peolle are pre-ordering and he said no through me. I can wait til Friday and order and get it Wednesday or Thursday.
    1-800-688-9290 Ext 5722 Call this number, she will take care of you if you are eligible for an upgrade. It does not matter where in the US you are from. I called this morning and am all set to have my Storm delivered to my house on Saturday.

Let me know how it works out.
    11-18-08 09:49 AM
    Yes, I have been out of contract since september. I asked my sales person about my wife's contract since her's is not up until February and people have been saying VZW will let you re-up at a discount with this phone. She said I needed to talk to customer service about that. If you call sales and they can't help you, they will put you through to CS.
    My wife's line is eligible for the 1 year upgrade price early January and Verizon won't budge. I've called telesales, customer service and promotions. Anybody have any other ideas?

11-18-08 09:51 AM

Hey, just called the telesales number (866-745-4679) and spoke with Adam. He said no problem getting it delivered for Friday.

What's Adam's extension?

My call to that number got me Matt, who can't ship until Friday based on the info he's been provided.

It'd be frustrating to order and have it shipped to work expecting a Friday delivery, only to have it show up here on a Saturday when I'm not here to receive it.
    11-18-08 09:56 AM
    Are all of you eligible for upgrades? Or are they giving anyone the opportunity to order from Tele-sales?

I wasn't eligible, but got a "holiday flyer" That said I could upgrade early, had the last 4 digits of the main number on my acct at the bottom of the flyer. Rha verified this info, and upgraded me. Everything is also billed to my ACCT.
    11-18-08 10:02 AM
    I just spoke with Dan at 866-745-4679 x 7107, I can preorder through him. I have been waiting for this phone since my NE2 date in Sept so I can get it for $150 with a $50 rebate he said. It won't ship until Friday and if they are able to do the free shipping I will have it Saturday, if not then Tuesday. I don't want to wait in line in Iowa (it's freezing!) to see if they will have any phones. It's a smaller area here so not too sure what I will find at the store.
    11-18-08 10:16 AM
    My wife's line is eligible for the 1 year upgrade price early January and Verizon won't budge. I've called telesales, customer service and promotions. Anybody have any other ideas?

I will have my wife call CS tonight and see what she can do. She is a pretty good "wheeler and dealer". If she gets anywhere, I will come back to this thread and post it. I think February 09 she hits 20 months, so she should be in a similar situation as your wife.
    11-18-08 10:23 AM
    My rep I have spoken to at Telesales has only said Friday order with a Sat Morning delivery. I am now going to be out of town all day Sat.

Is there truth to this? Being able to get delivery on Friday. I am a new business account. Is this only available to upgrading people? Or new accts too?
    11-18-08 10:31 AM
    I am new to this site but just to add my two cents to this whole deal, I live in a relatively small town in Alabama and just went by the one corporate store that we have here and they said that they are getting a very small quantity and basically said that I would have to get there a$$ early to even have a shot based on the calls they have gotten on this. Then I went to our Circuit City which has a Verizon in it and the guy told me they were getting 10 of them. I asked what I had to do to get one of those and he said just be in line at 10 when they open. He acted like the demand there was not that high. Kind of weird. He said if I did not get one of the ten, the best he would do was order me one for Saturday morning delivery (when I will be out of town) or Tuesday delivery. Not sure why not Monday - I should have asked. The guy at the other store told me the same thing. Both said it is impossible to get it delivered on Friday. Frustrated!!!
    11-18-08 10:56 AM
    I talked to Rha and got set up as well. Josh, thanks!
    11-18-08 11:07 AM
    Is Rha CONFIRMING Friday delivery, or Saturday? Having a hard time deciphering the outcome w/ these threads...
    11-18-08 11:17 AM
    He will call to confirm, but he said most people are giving work addy if it's Friday, and home for Saturday, as I did, just in case. I have my confirmation number and he'll let me know which day it will be.

Pretty cool, I'd say.
    11-18-08 11:22 AM
    called Rha last night and left a voicemail. got a call first thing this morning and placed my order, confirmation # and all. with fri/sat delivery to NJ. and he will even contact me to confirm which day as i gave him different addresses for different days. fed ex will do a saturday delivery in my area confirmed through my fed-ex driver who appeared just after i placed my order.
    11-18-08 11:25 AM
    Okay I'll bite.

Talked to my Verizon rep (I'm a medium sized business) with whom I have worked with for almost 2 years and he has never once been wrong/led me astray.

I trust him 100% and without question.

That all being said, there isnt a way to order it right now. It's not going to happen. All the verizon reps are running internal contests of different types this month and they are taking your information and they will jam in a zillion orders on Friday and get credit for all of them. they aren't able to get the devices out before that. I ordered a cradle without troubles from him, but there are no devices being shipped early.

If you know some loophole fine, but from a trusted Verizon rep to you guys here... It's not happening. So relax, get Sat delivery and have a nice day.
    11-18-08 11:25 AM
    That's fine, Zoomy. I don't mind them doing that, so long as I get it by Saturday at the lastest and I get one for certain. I don't have to wait in line, and get the pricing I wanted. It's all good. If somehow they swing Friday delivery (which--is possible since I assume stores are getting Weds. or Thurs. delivery), that's just gravy.
    11-18-08 11:28 AM
    Okay I'll bite.

Talked to my Verizon rep (I'm a medium sized business) with whom I have worked with for almost 2 years and he has never once been wrong/led me astray.

I trust him 100% and without question.

That all being said, there isnt a way to order it right now. It's not going to happen. All the verizon reps are running internal contests of different types this month and they are taking your information and they will jam in a zillion orders on Friday and get credit for all of them. they aren't able to get the devices out before that. I ordered a cradle without troubles from him, but there are no devices being shipped early.

If you know some loophole fine, but from a trusted Verizon rep to you guys here... It's not happening. So relax, get Sat delivery and have a nice day.
    Correct. I can only verify the Saturday delivery. My telesales person said Friday was not possible unless you get it from a store.
    11-18-08 11:29 AM
    About those who ordered from Rha. I just wanted to let you know, this was just what I thought it was. You will not be getting your phone from him this Friday. I told him that I was told by Joshua that he could order it and have it received by Friday. First, he wouldn't even respond to that lmao!! Then I said, "hello"? "Are you able to get sent for us to receive it by Friday"? He said "we have the largest inventory, and will ensure that you get a phone without having to wait in lines at a store". Again, avoiding the specific question. I became more persistent, and he said he's not sure when it can actually be ordered and shipped, but he could take my info and it can be received by Saturday at the latest. This is something that any telesales rep can do, not just Rha, and I'm sorry that it may have confused other people when it was said in here that he will have it delivered on Friday. This convo was hilarious to me.
    Last edited by briankeith513; 11-18-08 at 05:48 PM.
    11-18-08 02:12 PM
    They may be able to start pushing orders through thursday! Don't ask, cause I won't tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-18-08 02:17 PM
    anyone hear anything new from cs/telesales? any chance for it to be ordered wed/thurs for a fri delivery?
    11-18-08 07:28 PM
    About those who ordered from Rha. I just wanted to let you know, this was just what I thought it was. You will not be getting your phone from him this Friday. I told him that I was told by Joshua that he could order it and have it received by Friday. First, he wouldn't even respond to that lmao!! Then I said, "hello"? "Are you able to get sent for us to receive it by Friday"? He said "we have the largest inventory, and will ensure that you get a phone without having to wait in lines at a store". Again, avoiding the specific question. I became more persistent, and he said he's not sure when it can actually be ordered and shipped, but he could take my info and it can be received by Saturday at the latest. This is something that any telesales rep can do, not just Rha, and I'm sorry that it may have confused other people when it was said in here that he will have it delivered on Friday. This convo was hilarious to me.
    I suspected all that--and expected all that. Nothing wrong with that knowing going in that's the way it would be. It saves me the time of having to drive from work to the store, wait around to get things done or find they're out of stock or whatever. I see nothing wrong with a "maybe Friday at the store" or a "for certain Saturday at home."

And should some insider Verizon miracle happen and I get it Friday instead? Fine!
    11-19-08 07:17 AM
    A rep from my local store said that she could order it Thursday and I'll have it friday, at least she will try. She said she will call me tomorrow morning to confirm. If she confirms with a tracking number than great but if not I'll try the store friday morning, if they run out I'll just order it from store or CS and have it sent overnight for Saturday delivery. I am hoping she can order Thurs so I won't have to go into store but I'm good with whichever way as long as I have my storm by Saturday. So if those who were promised friday delivery get it great but if it happens on saturday that's still good. I just want the wait to end, :-)

11-19-08 10:18 AM
    Anyone hear from Rha yet?
    11-21-08 09:26 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD