It's a refurbished set, with 18 months of local warranty to boot. I'm loving this thing! I don't understand what people are whining about. It's simply AWESOME.

Touch is smooth, Display is beautiful, SurePress is amazing.

Only thing I noticed is there's some kind of a rubbery/hard gooey thing in between the screen and bottom part of the phone. Just a small gunk right below the call button. I used a needle to poke at it and managed to get some of it out. I'm wondering if it came from the manufacturer?
    08-24-10 09:42 AM
    The phone, in and of itself, is a quality device. It's only when stacked against more currently released devices that it falls short in some areas.
    08-24-10 10:10 AM
    Perhaps to some people.

I'm unfazed by the iPhone or Droid touch screens. Played with my friends' sets and they were just "alright" to me. I think that's because I don't primarily use my phone for media/gaming purposes.

Anyhow, anybody has any idea what this "hard gooey" thing is?
    08-24-10 10:52 AM
    The phone, in and of itself, is a quality device. It's only when stacked against more currently released devices that it falls short in some areas.
    Agreed. If you try any of the droids browser you will see one major area where the storm2 falls short. I still think its a solid phone and it has many endearing qualities for me.
    08-24-10 10:57 AM
    And in many areas some functions are better than the newer competition. You get to decide.
    08-24-10 11:03 AM
    Wow. I'll leave that stuff alone. Not gonna mess with a whole 1.5 years of warranty. Thanks for the advice!
    08-24-10 12:08 PM
    Download opera mini. Its so much faster than the blackberry browser.
    08-24-10 01:09 PM
    You just got it? Verizon just killed it haha
    08-24-10 01:33 PM
    Not everyone is as fortunate as you. Some countries only just imported Storm 2.
    08-24-10 01:40 PM
    Not everyone is as fortunate as you. Some countries only just imported Storm 2.
    Sorry, I wasn't knocking it You will love it... As long as you don't start looking at OS6! Haha
    08-24-10 01:43 PM
    It's fine, I'm loving it anyway my country got it half a year ago. It's just that I entered the game late. But I do remember reading about another guy who just exclaimed in exasperation his country just got the Storm 2.
    08-24-10 01:57 PM
    +1 for Opera
    08-24-10 08:10 PM
    Did Opera ever fix that keyboard issue?
    08-24-10 10:24 PM
    Did Opera ever fix that keyboard issue?
    Still an issue in Opera 5.1. It's annoying but I like Opera better than my other options so it doesn't keep me from using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 11:09 PM
    I got my Storm2 today as well. It was a warranty replacement for my aging Storm1. Verizon gave me a new phone even though I only have three months left on my contract. This is such a huge improvement over the Storm1. Makes me excited to see what the Storm3 might be.
    08-25-10 12:09 AM
    Congrats! Enjoy your Storm2

Anyway I have a question. Is it normal for Surepress to be pretty sensitive? In my case it's too "bouncy" or "light". I'm using the latest OS. I read in one of the stickies that it is possible to address this issue by dealing with the Torx screw at the back. Please advise if you've tried it before.

Just to clarify every part of the phone works well and I believe it's the newer batch. The bottom 4 buttons work great - just that they require little to no effort to "click".
    08-25-10 12:24 AM
    It's a refurbished set, with 18 months of local warranty to boot. I'm loving this thing! I don't understand what people are whining about. It's simply AWESOME.

Touch is smooth, Display is beautiful, SurePress is amazing.

Only thing I noticed is there's some kind of a rubbery/hard gooey thing in between the screen and bottom part of the phone. Just a small gunk right below the call button. I used a needle to poke at it and managed to get some of it out. I'm wondering if it came from the manufacturer?
    I love my S2: sleek design, light weight, great functionality. I was an early user of Skype on my PC - it was a bit clumsy. Skype works great on my S2 ! I am hoping that my Jonathan Fisher Storm Launchers will hold up forever through both hardware and software upgrades (ha!). All of my custom Homescreen apps are one click and you are there. Doctor Neutron
    08-25-10 08:31 AM
    Haha, wow amazing. I just converted all my previous themes in my app account to Storm versions, but I'm loving the Zen theme so much already I did not even bother to download the themes. I believe that will change in the coming months.

Anyway the "click" seems to be slightly better now. It's not so easy to click anymore. I ordered T5/T6 Torx screwdrivers and will try to mess with the back screw a little and keep you guys posted. I prefer more "click" actually!
    08-25-10 10:40 AM
    Congrats! Enjoy your Storm2

Anyway I have a question. Is it normal for Surepress to be pretty sensitive? In my case it's too "bouncy" or "light". I'm using the latest OS. I read in one of the stickies that it is possible to address this issue by dealing with the Torx screw at the back. Please advise if you've tried it before.

Just to clarify every part of the phone works well and I believe it's the newer batch. The bottom 4 buttons work great - just that they require little to no effort to "click".
    I am loving the light touch of the Storm2 screen after the mechanical click of the Storm1. The perfect blend of touch and click in my opinion. The only problem I am having is that being a new phone and getting lots of use - loading applications...I am half way through my battery at lunch time! That never happened with my Storm1....of course I'm sure it is because I keep thinking of something to do with it, downloading an application, rebooting, etc.

I love the phone and wish I had gotten one 10 months ago.
    08-25-10 11:06 AM
    I like mine....
    08-25-10 02:00 PM
    I am loving the light touch of the Storm2 screen after the mechanical click of the Storm1. The perfect blend of touch and click in my opinion. The only problem I am having is that being a new phone and getting lots of use - loading applications...I am half way through my battery at lunch time! That never happened with my Storm1....of course I'm sure it is because I keep thinking of something to do with it, downloading an application, rebooting, etc.

I love the phone and wish I had gotten one 10 months ago.
    I came from a qwerty background. This is my first touch screen gadget (never liked iPhones, iTouch or touch screens in general) and I guess it takes time for me to adjust. If it takes more effort to click I'll be stoked!

The best part is, the warranty for my S2 runs the full length of my remaining contract. And by the time it ends it's when I guess the S3 will hit the shores for me.
    08-25-10 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD