The blackberry Storm (9530) is a glitch POS & was released far to early to be anything but a consumer gimmick. I switched from an Iphone 3g (jailbroken) to the Storm� I actually bought 4 of them w/ a Verizon plan� They where spouse to come with 8gm micro SD cards preinstalled; When Verizon sends me my phones none of them have the chips� I call Verizon, they tell me I have to send all 4 handsets back & it will be s 2 weeks turnaround (Expedited) before I even have a phone back. So I take the shot in the pants and keep going, next I find out Verizon lied about %100 Rev- A

add www prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/06-29-2007/0004618056&EDATE=Verizon Wireless: 100 Percent Of Wireless Broadband Network Now Enhanced With Faster Speeds

If the above press release from Verizon is correct; How come my UM-175(3g) modem connects National Access (Rev-0) almost half the time. If I force the modem HDR only in these Rev-A/ Rev-0 fridge zones I get no internet. Can someone tell me how come Verizon can release a Page Ranking saying
    �Verizon Wireless announced today that all of its CDMA 1x Evolution-Data Optimized (EVDO) network nationwide has been enhanced to Revision (Rev.) A technology.�- But I�m still forced Rev-0????
    So I call and write EVERYONE at Verizon looking for answers (from tech support to Ivan Seidenberg CEO). No one would answer me; so I wrote the Better Business Buru online a complaint. Verizon called me 15 days later to tell me that they would call me in another 15 days� Verizon seem to just be giving me the runaround rather then answer my questions.
    So I made it my personal vendetta to scour the internet letting others know what a bad company Verizon is. Also how crappy the RIM Blackberry is; The handset is a true display in bad consumer testing. Across 4 Storms I find they all glitch in many, many different ways (From lagging & locking up to full soft resets) The iphone wasn�t perfect by any stretch but a million times better then any storm will every be. If just 1 person reads this post and buys a iphone instead of a blackberry; Then I feel better

P.S You whant to know what really grinds my gears�

Blackberry Storm
    Visual Voicemail- $2.99/ month
    VZ Navigator w/ GPS- $9.99/ month
    Use Handset as a Modem 5120mb- $14.99/ month
    Verizon only App store- Priceless
    -ALL FREE ON THE IPHONE
    I�m tired of Verizon ripping $27.97 a month more then they should be
    01-20-09 02:22 PM
    You = Fail

Having to jailbreak a phone to get it to do what you want isn't any better then a phone being buggy in my book. Both phones have their pro's and cons. I can easily create a thread like this about the iphone and tell everyone to get a storm.
    01-20-09 02:24 PM
    Sounds like you purchased a device before doing research on it. If you want Visual voicemail for free, then go to AT&T iPhone. The iPhone GPS is NOT the same as VZ Nav, and AT&T Charges $10 a month for their branded GPS solution. Up until recently there was NO tethering on the iPhone at all. (for the record jailbreaking absolves AT&T/Apple any responsibility to support you or your device).

For full specs on the storm go to BlackBerry. As for Rev A/Rev 0, not all devices that are Rev 0 support Rev A. Just because their network can HANDLE Rev A, doesnt mean your devices can.
    01-20-09 02:28 PM
    You = Fail

Having to jailbreak a phone to get it to do what you want isn't any better then a phone being buggy in my book.

QFT

Honestly if your that unhappy then just cancel your service and stop being a whiny ******!
    01-20-09 02:30 PM
    I actually bought 4 of them w/ a Verizon plan�
    What do you need 4 for? I knew someone once who buy every wii he could find and sell them on ebay for more money....he got in trouble for it to. 4? Sounds fishy to me.
    01-20-09 02:32 PM
    you = fail
    01-20-09 02:33 PM
    Your grammar is terrible. It's hard to take you seriously when you rant and have terrible grammar. Next time slow down and make valid non emotional points. The phone is not for everyone, and I am sorry you and many others have had such negative experiences with two companies (RIM and Verizon) that I have had nothing but positive experiences with. Joining every BlackBerry forum isn't going to alleviate your anger, or get your money, or time back. It actually is going to do the opposite, in addition to apparently driving you mad.
    01-20-09 02:36 PM
    Your grammar is terrible. It's hard to take you seriously when you rant and have terrible grammar. Next time slow down and make valid non emotional points. The phone is not for everyone, and I am sorry you and many others have had such negative experiences with two companies (RIM and Verizon) that I have had nothing but positive experiences with. Joining every BlackBerry forum isn't going to alleviate your anger, or get your money, or time back. It actually is going to do the opposite, in addition to apparently driving you mad.
    you spouse to now wat he seein d00de...

FAIL.
    01-20-09 03:26 PM
    The blackberry Storm (9530) is a glitch POS & was released far to early to be anything but a consumer gimmick. I switched from an Iphone 3g (jailbroken) to the Storm� I actually bought 4 of them w/ a Verizon plan� They where spouse to come with 8gm micro SD cards preinstalled; When Verizon sends me my phones none of them have the chips� I call Verizon, they tell me I have to send all 4 handsets back & it will be s 2 weeks turnaround (Expedited) before I even have a phone back. So I take the shot in the pants and keep going, next I find out Verizon lied about %100 Rev- A

add www prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/06-29-2007/0004618056&EDATE=Verizon Wireless: 100 Percent Of Wireless Broadband Network Now Enhanced With Faster Speeds

If the above press release from Verizon is correct; How come my UM-175(3g) modem connects National Access (Rev-0) almost half the time. If I force the modem HDR only in these Rev-A/ Rev-0 fridge zones I get no internet. Can someone tell me how come Verizon can release a Page Ranking saying
    �Verizon Wireless announced today that all of its CDMA 1x Evolution-Data Optimized (EVDO) network nationwide has been enhanced to Revision (Rev.) A technology.�- But I�m still forced Rev-0????
    So I call and write EVERYONE at Verizon looking for answers (from tech support to Ivan Seidenberg CEO). No one would answer me; so I wrote the Better Business Buru online a complaint. Verizon called me 15 days later to tell me that they would call me in another 15 days� Verizon seem to just be giving me the runaround rather then answer my questions.
    So I made it my personal vendetta to scour the internet letting others know what a bad company Verizon is. Also how crappy the RIM Blackberry is; The handset is a true display in bad consumer testing. Across 4 Storms I find they all glitch in many, many different ways (From lagging & locking up to full soft resets) The iphone wasn�t perfect by any stretch but a million times better then any storm will every be. If just 1 person reads this post and buys a iphone instead of a blackberry; Then I feel better

P.S You whant to know what really grinds my gears�

Blackberry Storm
    Visual Voicemail- $2.99/ month
    VZ Navigator w/ GPS- $9.99/ month
    Use Handset as a Modem 5120mb- $14.99/ month
    Verizon only App store- Priceless
    -ALL FREE ON THE IPHONE
    I�m tired of Verizon ripping $27.97 a month more then they should be
    LOL @ "none of my 4 phones came with the 8gb SD card".

You're an *****. Do you even know what a micro SD card looks like? This is why children should have their parents help them with complicated crap.
    01-20-09 03:42 PM
    Sounds like daddy daddy shouldve worn a condom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD