07-20-10 08:06 PM
    According to the HTML 5 test, its better than both the iPhone and HTC Incredible.

Of course, this was based either on Salomondrin or his contact's tests of the webkit browser, and results may change in the release OS versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 08:14 PM
    Of course none of that will be relevent to the s2 if it isn't os6 supported. Again, its all still in the air.

Last edited by Taterfry; 07-20-10 at 08:21 PM.
    07-20-10 08:15 PM
    Taterfry, FYI, according to sources who have been correct in the past, BB6 is being tested on the Storm2. The most reasonable assumption would suggest that yes, it is coming.

07-20-10 08:21 PM
    Still, as the ancients say, don't believe anything until its in your hands. Ancient crackberryians that is.

07-20-10 08:22 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I'd be totally psyched if I saw a vid with a s2 using it.

07-20-10 08:24 PM
    I don't care about the s2. I'm looking for the webkit browser on a 4G blackberry.

07-20-10 08:26 PM
    If 6.0 brings nothing else to the table but the supposed barn-burning browser, I'll be pretty stoked about installing 6.0! (Not that I'm not aware of the videos of 6.0 showing a new interface)
    07-20-10 08:27 PM
    Well, who knows, maybe it'll address the infrequent keyboard lag and overall occasional phone lag. I mean, the ui is pretty. I'm actually pretty excited about how good rubber-banding and the fluiditity of scrolling is.

07-20-10 08:33 PM
    Well, who knows, maybe it'll address the infrequent keyboard lag and overall occasional phone lag. I mean, the ui is pretty. I'm actually pretty excited about how good rubber-banding and the fluiditity of scrolling is.

LOL! when I first glanced at your post and saw "rubber banding" I immediately thought of the iPhone 4 debacle. Not to worry, I know what "rubber banding" means.
    07-20-10 08:42 PM
    LOL! when I first glanced at your post and saw "rubber banding" I immediately thought of the iPhone 4 debacle. Not to worry, I know what "rubber banding" means.
    Lol, well, I do try to lurk enough to know what I talk about before I spew vomit all over the reply box and press send. On topic, I'm looking forward to the improve UI fluidity just as much as I did on the s1 going from 4.7 to 5.0.

07-20-10 08:58 PM
    07-20-10 09:20 PM
    when OS6 was first talked about by rim.. it was stated that it would indeed come out for the S2.
    07-20-10 10:05 PM
    I'm just worried that OS6 will take up nearly all the available app memory and make the S2 run like crap. It won't do us any good if it makes the phone unusable.

07-20-10 10:12 PM
    I'm just worried that OS6 will take up nearly all the available app memory and make the S2 run like crap. It won't do us any good if it makes the phone unusable.

+1

i am hoping they will make a "light" version with the new browser and little else since i really could care less about the new interface. i have always used themes to make my homescreen look the way i want, and i really don't find that the rest of OS6 would make me any happier than OS5.
    07-20-10 10:31 PM
    +1

i am hoping they will make a "light" version with the new browser and little else since i really could care less about the new interface. i have always used themes to make my homescreen look the way i want, and i really don't find that the rest of OS6 would make me any happier than OS5.
    I see your +1 and raise you +1. I don't really care nearly as much about the extra "goodies" as I do about getting a FAAAST browser.
    07-20-10 10:51 PM
    I see your +1 and raise you +1. I don't really care nearly as much about the extra "goodies" as I do about getting a FAAAST browser.
    +2

10 char.
    07-20-10 11:03 PM
    +1

+1

All I would want is the browser and some on-screen camera controls - snapping pics of my two-year-old is not an easy task when I don't have a camera handy. My wife's LG EnV Touch has controls right on the screen, why can't we? I don't know as I would have a need for any of OS6's bells and whistles, especially if theme and app devs haven't gotten a chance to make ready for its launch.
    The only time I get aggravated with my S2 anymore is when OM5 starts acting up, and I wish I had a native browser that had OM5's speed - and works.
    07-21-10 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD