I would like to thank the people that actually got why I posted this information. It was my own persective of how I felt and my dealings with BB.

Believe me when I say I had high hopes for Storm 1. I froze my balls off being a tad underdressed and waited in very cold weather while the Verizon system went down and they wouldn't let but a few people in the store at once.

When Storm 2 came out, I waited a month before I purchased to see what others had to say. Of coursed they were mixed.

I do feel that a phone shouldn't be so fragile that you have to worry about every little thing causing it not to work. My last two phones prior where a Voyager and an E815. Both of which went through **** and back under extreme abuse. Yea, yea...I know they are different phones all together.

All I wanted to do here was explain that there were other alternatives. I have read many forums that compare and suggest. I only wanted to return the favor.

I will purchase an EVO phone because I want a change. Could It turn out to be junk? Sure. But after using the Hero with 2.1, I have been able to download 30-40 programs. From World Series of Poker to Google "Goggles" (which by the way is really wild). Some I have deleted. To date, I have not pulled or reset the phone. I has not crashed. The only time it did a reboot is after I ran the battery out seeing how long it would last after abuse (which was about a day after use). I actually tried to plug it in when I realized how low it was because I was trying to see just how long a phone can go with out restarting.

Again, Im glad the information I provided helped some.
    05-26-10 01:54 AM
    [Perhaps you should take your own advice.
    Who said I don't. I've followed all those threads.
    05-26-10 07:31 AM
    I will purchase an EVO phone because I want a change. Could It turn out to be junk? Sure.
    As could any BlackBerry you buy. Let's face it, BlackBerry is no stranger to epic failures when it comes to build quality.
    05-26-10 07:33 AM
    Who said I don't. I've followed all those threads.
    You've followed "all" those threads and you still can't make up your mind on what phone to get when your contract lapses? I think that may be a testament to the futility of "keeping these threads coming", as you so put it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 07:51 AM
    You've followed "all" those threads and you still can't make up your mind on what phone to get when your contract lapses?
    My contract lapses in November. So I'm not in decision mode. I'm simply listening, seeing what's out there. Honestly, not sure why you care how I go about making my phone decision.

I think that may be a testament to the futility of "keeping these threads coming", as you so put it.
    And I disagree. If you don't like these threads, why not just ignore them?
    05-26-10 08:01 AM
    Blackberrys are corporate phones at heart. Although the storm is an attempt to cross into that bridge of the consumer market, these phones will never be an EVO. I have tried and owned all platforms except for Web OS and as many of you will agree with me, email capabilities on the berrys are unrivaled...and this is what a blackberry is for.
    05-26-10 08:10 AM
    Blackberrys are corporate phones at heart. Although the storm is an attempt to cross into that bridge of the consumer market, these phones will never be an EVO. I have tried and owned all platforms except for Web OS and as many of you will agree with me, email capabilities on the berrys are unrivaled...and this is what a blackberry is for.
    $30/month for e-mail? No thank you.
    05-26-10 08:13 AM
    $30/month for e-mail? No thank you.
    That's right and in fact BES is a lot more expensive that $30 BIS a month yet blackberrys are the preferred corporate phone.
    05-26-10 08:39 AM
    No doubt that BlackBerrys are flawless devices when it comes to mail and calendar. However, the cell phone market is exploding like no other consumer market. RIM would be foolish not to try to compete significantly in this space. More importantly, nothing lasts forever. Simply because BES owns the corporate market today, doesn't mean it will forever, or even in ten years. The further BB falls behind in the consumer market, the more those losses will bleed over into the corporate market. When executives start deciding they'd rather carry an iPhone or an Android device, IT will begin integrating the technologies that support those devices into the data center.
    05-26-10 08:52 AM
    My contract lapses in November. So I'm not in decision mode. I'm simply listening, seeing what's out there. Honestly, not sure why you care how I go about making my phone decision.
    If you don't expect us to care, then don't say anything about your contract. My cat is black and white, but I don't know why anyone would care, so why mention anything about it (oops)? Besides, if it's not decision time for you yet, then why are you so interested in these kind of threads? Trying to stir up trouble, perhaps?

And I disagree. If you don't like these threads, why not just ignore them?
    I usually don't post in these kind of threads, but it's hard to ignore such hypocrisy, criticizing others for not using the search function when a ton of these kind of threads can be found using the very same method.
    05-26-10 06:40 PM
    The only thing BB lacks is a top notch browser but what most people forget is that we're talking about a PHONE. Communication is what's most important to me and that's where BB wins every time. BBM, instant push emails and for me the VZW network. The iphone loses when it comes to communication automatically because it's on AT&T. Truthfully, my curve was everything I could have ever wanted in a phone and more. The Storm 2 is even better so I'm extremely happy. If I want to browse the internet I have a laptop for that. Just like if I want to drive I have a car for that. I won't hold it against RIM if my berry can't make me a sandwich. It does what it was intended to do and that's communicate. And IMO it does that better than any other device out there. But like I always say, to each his own.
    05-26-10 07:19 PM
    The only thing BB lacks is a top notch browser but what most people forget is that we're talking about a PHONE. Communication is what's most important to me and that's where BB wins every time. BBM, instant push emails and for me the VZW network. The iphone loses when it comes to communication automatically because it's on AT&T. Truthfully, my curve was everything I could have ever wanted in a phone and more. The Storm 2 is even better so I'm extremely happy. If I want to browse the internet I have a laptop for that. Just like if I want to drive I have a car for that. I won't hold it against RIM if my berry can't make me a sandwich. It does what it was intended to do and that's communicate. And IMO it does that better than any other device out there. But like I always say, to each his own.
    Excuses, excuses.
    05-26-10 07:22 PM
    Excuses, excuses.
    Excuses ? Okay, whatever .
    05-26-10 07:38 PM
    Excuses, excuses.
    ^ That doesn't even make sense.
    05-26-10 07:40 PM
    My droid is better at email than all of my former bb devices. But I am using google apps for my email so that is to be expected. I hated BIS outages, truncated emails, and having to fetch graphics in my emails when the setting to retrieve graphics was enabled. BIS email is a terrible experience when compared to gmail/google apps on an android phone. I can now see all of my emails in folders (labels) instead of email only left in my inbox with BIS.

I have no experience with BES on a bb so I can't compare the BES experience vs android email. For someone self employed like myself or for a regular consumer that is stuck on BIS and uses gmail, android is far superior. I'm actually glad now that my storm2 gave me touchscreen issues, I have never been happier.

I also can't comment on android handling other email carriers such as yahoo as I don't use it and bb probably works better because the lack of push on android for other email services. But it looks like froyo and gingerbread are taking big strides with exchange and RIM should be worried about small businesses switching. I can't see large corporations and governments making a switch to any other phone service at this time.
    05-26-10 07:45 PM
    LMFAO
    If you want people to take anything you post seriously, you need to disguise the bs at least a little.
    How about you dispute my complaints about BIS? Constant BIS outages, truncated emails, having to go through the menu to download pictures when you have selected to receive pictures already in settings, and not being able to view emails in folders/labels are all things that are weak in the bb BIS email system when compared to gmail on android.
    05-27-10 05:08 AM
    If you don't expect us to care, then don't say anything about your contract.
    I mentioned it in passing, as a reference for why I follow these threads.

I usually don't post in these kind of threads, but it's hard to ignore such hypocrisy, criticizing others for not using the search function when a ton of these kind of threads can be found using the very same method.
    How is it hypocritical for me to reference the search function? I didn't start a thread asking for this info.
    05-27-10 07:10 AM
    How about you dispute my complaints about BIS? Constant BIS outages, truncated emails, having to go through the menu to download pictures when you have selected to receive pictures already in settings, and not being able to view emails in folders/labels are all things that are weak in the bb BIS email system when compared to gmail on android.
    The settings to receive pictures is only for emails in which you've already selected 'get images.' That setting prevents you from having to do it again for a particular email. If you want ALL your emails to download the pictures upon opening them for the 1st time you need an app for that. The setting is doing exactly what its supposed to do, you're just expecting it to do something its not supposed to do.
    05-27-10 07:57 AM
    The settings to receive pictures is only for emails in which you've already selected 'get images.' That setting prevents you from having to do it again for a particular email. If you want ALL your emails to download the pictures upon opening them for the 1st time you need an app for that. The setting is doing exactly what its supposed to do, you're just expecting it to do something its not supposed to do.
    Wait, that makes no sense whatsoever...

The newer BB OS claims to have HTML mail with images, etc. I select a setting option that states "automatically download pictures" and you are telling me I am expecting too much from the device to download the images WITHOUT me telling it again?

You have to have better BS than that...

What about the rest of the arguments presented? Truncated e-mails, BIS outages (folks complain about Google gathering data and invading privacy...since everything goes through the BIS servers, who is to say that RIM is not doing the same thing???), terrible browser, temperamental devices that require multiple battery pulls a day....???
    05-27-10 02:33 PM
    Wait, that makes no sense whatsoever...

The newer BB OS claims to have HTML mail with images, etc. I select a setting option that states "automatically download pictures" and you are telling me I am expecting too much from the device to download the images WITHOUT me telling it again?

You have to have better BS than that...

What about the rest of the arguments presented? Truncated e-mails, BIS outages (folks complain about Google gathering data and invading privacy...since everything goes through the BIS servers, who is to say that RIM is not doing the same thing???), terrible browser, temperamental devices that require multiple battery pulls a day....???
    I'm not involved in whatever argument you're in. I'm just stating what the "download pictures automatically" feature does. It doesn't do what he thinks it does. Don't blame me. I don't work for RIM.
    05-27-10 05:55 PM
    I'm not involved in whatever argument you're in. I'm just stating what the "download pictures automatically" feature does. It doesn't do what he thinks it does. Don't blame me. I don't work for RIM.
    You fail hard. Why even have a setting to download pictures when it doesn't work? It's a joke that RIM supporters swear that it's the best for communication when it can't even do email properly on BIS. Just like palm, win mobile, and now RIM, they have been beaten at their own game because they fail to continue to innovate. It's really hard to see google getting stale and old, but if someone builds a better smartphone I'll again switch to the latest and best.
    05-27-10 09:43 PM
    if someone builds a better smartphone I'll again switch to the latest and best.
    Thank you. That needed to be said.
    05-27-10 09:46 PM
    You fail hard. Why even have a setting to download pictures when it doesn't work? It's a joke that RIM supporters swear that it's the best for communication when it can't even do email properly on BIS. Just like palm, win mobile, and now RIM, they have been beaten at their own game because they fail to continue to innovate. It's really hard to see google getting stale and old, but if someone builds a better smartphone I'll again switch to the latest and best.
    I don't understand how I fail. I DON'T WORK FOR RIM. I'm simply telling you what the feature does. If you have a beef take it up with the creators of Blackberry. Coming at me over the internet for something I'm not responsible for is both cowardly and ********. What the heck is the matter with you

BTW, I have an app that does it for me so it's not a problem at all. The "great" ifone can't even send MMS w/o an app yet EVERY 'dumb' fone on the planet can. Your beef is with the wrong person and its quite comical, yet head scratching at the same time.
    Last edited by Jaji_vzw8330; 05-27-10 at 10:16 PM.
    05-27-10 10:12 PM
    It does what it was intended to do and that's communicate. And IMO it does that better than any other device out there. But like I always say, to each his own.
    Don't be a wuss. A device that truncates emails, has constant blackouts, doesn't allow me to view emails in any other folder than the inbox, and can't even get me pictures without having to do an annoying extra step or needs an app fails hard.
    05-27-10 10:56 PM
    Don't be a wuss. A device that truncates emails, has constant blackouts, doesn't allow me to view emails in any other folder than the inbox, and can't even get me pictures without having to do an annoying extra step or needs an app fails hard.
    And what about a smart fone that can't send or receive MMS messages? Or hold a call without dropping it? If you're looking for the perfect fone then you're going to be looking for a long time buddy. And chill with the personal insults because they don't even make sense. Why are you coming at me like this? Am I supposed to be scared of you or something? I really don't get you and your random episodes of aggression. I'm a "wuss" because of something RIM created? That doesn't even make sense guy. Come on.
    Last edited by Jaji_vzw8330; 05-27-10 at 11:24 PM.
    05-27-10 11:19 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD