11-21-08 10:01 PM
73 123
tools
    I am in line right now!!! Gah!!!!! Btw, they are apparently shipping with .80!!
    mine is .65
    11-21-08 09:42 AM
    Micro USB, not Mini USB, you an get an adapter for about $5 shipped on Amazon.com to go from regular Mini USB to Micro USB. I agree, it's annoying...
    bummer. i prefer the mini USB, not MICRO!
    11-21-08 09:43 AM
    But the touchscreen is a huge draw. Is it THAT much bigger, though? My tiny hands may not like that.
    11-21-08 09:48 AM
    What am I missing here? There's only one size of USB, isn't there?
    11-21-08 09:50 AM
    Man I am frustrated. The stores here in Houston, Texas do not have them either. My friend and I were first and they ordered ours to be delivered overnight. Was really hoping to get my hands on one today. What a let down.
    11-21-08 09:55 AM
    For those of you who have gone out and gotten one, are there display models to play with? I'm not buying one but I'm dying to try the thing out.
    11-21-08 09:55 AM
    yea there are a few display models all ready to go. Most if not all of the people on hand in the store have them too.

Anyone else having issues not getting the packets/service books? I don't have a browser yet, etc.
    11-21-08 10:02 AM
    haha nvm, just came through. Hooray!
    11-21-08 10:03 AM
    I got mines to. I was there since 5am. Only 3 in front me.
    11-21-08 10:04 AM
    Got my Storm in hand and most of those reviews were haters...other than the screen orientation being a little touchy this phone is amazing...that coming from a iphone 3g convert. I was 3rd in line at a store that had 13...SWWWWWEEEETTTTTTT
    11-21-08 10:07 AM
    have storm in hand
    11-21-08 10:08 AM
    Got mine.

I'm at work now and can't paly with it

At the business preview Yesterday they told me the store opend at 9am, they really opened at 8am

I arrived at 8:18 and became #6 on their tele-screen list. Unfortuantely they only had 3 people working at activating until 9:00. Of course a trophy wife was at one of the counters Buying 5 Storms (hello Verizon, I understand first come first serve but how about a per person LIMIT) so that Slowed everyone Down to a crawl (activation, transfer of contacts ETC). To top it off I had to listen to her ask questions that reveals she knew NOTHINg about the Storms she was buying. Didn't know it had touch screen. Didn't know it could turn for qwerty. DIdn't even know what sure type was ETC.

I over heard the manager telling an employee she had 3 phones held in reserve on her desk(so much for first come huh?). By 9:31 I was finally the counter getting my storm. The person called afte me was told I got the last one and they would overnight his for free. However the manager must have felt guilty because anonther one magically appeared for him (from her desk perhaps?). I told my salesman I was already late for work (half an hour drive from the store) and just get it activated, I'd set up the Email & port the contacts myself. ~9:57 i was out the door and headed to work.

Now my storm is staring at saying "TAKE A BREAK, PLUG ME IN, PLAY WITH ME"
    11-21-08 10:29 AM
    For those of you who have gone out and gotten one, are there display models to play with? I'm not buying one but I'm dying to try the thing out.
    My store had 2 that helped kill some time suring my long wait
    11-21-08 10:31 AM
    Jordan Landing store in Salt Lake City opened their doors at 7:00am. I was outta there phone in hand at 7:15. They had two demos. Ps. Verizon Navigator works fine now. Not sure what I was doing wrong. And you were right. Micro usb is differant. I just expected a mini.
    11-21-08 10:40 AM
    Got mine also!! First in line FTW!! I really like it, accelerometer is touchy, and gonna take some getting use to, but I like it!
    11-21-08 10:41 AM
    I'm going to check it out during lunch. There's a new VZW store that opened up like 2 weeks ago so I'll test it there. Does anyone know if authorized retailers got them as well?
    11-21-08 10:47 AM
    1st in line. Got there at 5:15, but they didn't open until 8 (they had said 7)

Anyway, my store had 60 phones, which I think is one of the higher numbers (86th and Lexington got 70). My store is the NYC one on 73rd and 3rd ave. Which store so far had the highest number of phones?
    11-21-08 10:49 AM
    Got to my store in Baltimore around 7:45 (opened at 9). One of three cars in the parking lot at that time. By 8:30 the parking lot was filling up fast but everyone was sitting in their cars. Finally the guy next to me got out and headed for the door. Then began the mad dash to get in line! Ended up 5th in line and by 9:30 was walking out the door with my new Storm!

So far so good. First Blackberry for me so it will take some getting used to, but this is one sexy phone!
    11-21-08 10:58 AM
    Been reading here for 2 months now, so my first post is:

San Leandro CA here. I went to my local corporate store this morn. Decided that I didn't want to stand in line so I went at 8 am (they opened at 7). Just missed the last one but I was ok with that because they offered a deal as follows:

overnight ship guaranteed by 12 noon tomorrow
    INSTANT $50 rebate (no mail in crap)
    $30 credit towards accessories

Works for me, I can wait 24 hours to save $80 bucks.

Did get to play with one in store while waiting. LOVE IT! It will be what you want it to be. I am not a power user/big texter, but big on email and web. Gotta work tomorrow so won't get to hold it until 7 or so.

Congrats everyone! Remember, it's supposed to be FUN!
    11-21-08 11:00 AM
    My store had 2 that helped kill some time suring my long wait
    Yes all the stores that have storms also have displays, two suggestions, close out all the apps running in the background, both that I played with had everything opened up running in the background.
    2nd, they frown on downloading opera mini and doing in store battery pulls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 11:08 AM
    Are all of you upgrade-eligible, or did you pay full price, or add a line??
    11-21-08 02:38 PM
    Newbie here. Got mind at 1:30 in Marion, OH. They said they had 1 left after the one they sold me and they started off with 10 this morning. Was also told the store "across the street" (thought there was only one in Marion) had 30 this morning and sold out at 9:45. I live in Columbus and just consider myself lucky I ended up having to work up in Marion today so I could utilize their quiet store

I LOVE my Storm! Now I just have to wait for it to charge!
    11-21-08 02:45 PM
    Got mine. I asked the wife to check a nearby store on her way to work at 7:50, and she was only number 11 in line, got a voucher, left the store at 8:40, and I was using it by 9am. Great potential, but laggy software that needs to be addressed asap.
    11-21-08 10:01 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD