11-26-08 09:13 AM
43 12
tools
    These threads make me laugh…actually the people (not all but some) on this forum do. The OP is actually doing something about his Storm problems instead of just complaining like some of you on here.

For those of you that think he is actually calling the president, read what he wrote. He is calling the office of the president…office being the key word. He doesn’t have the president’s direct line.

Complaining on a forum is fine but it won’t accomplish much. How is Verizon going to know you and all these other people are mad about an issue if people only complaining on a forum and don’t actually call? What is it going to hurt for the OP to try and get in touch with the president of VZW or even someone that works with the president? Just look at what jeffmvr did. He complained and got a free computer and 3 months of service, plus the president knows about the situation now.

I know some of you are just joking around which is cool but I know some people that posted really think it is a stupid idea to try and call the OFFICE of the president. Urbanmyth for one. Why does anyone want to lie about calling the office of the president? If he called the generic CSR number, I think he would have said that instead of making up a stupid lie about callin the office of the president. It doesn't matter if he gets the president himself or someone in a different state that works with the president, at least he is trying. I for one would love to hear what the OP found out. And no you don't call the president if a traffic light is out, you would call your national grid for that. Calling the president for that small of an issue is just ludicrous. i would definitely call the president to find out if someone was lying in a forum though. I am sure he would love to figure that out with me.

This is a little off topic but kind of on the same idea. I ordered some pizza and a sandwich from Dominos one night. The sandwich was basically two pieces of bread put together with cheese and marinara sauce. It was supposed to be a chicken parm. I emailed Dominos complaining about it and a week later I received a letter from the district manager for Dominos apologizing. He gave me two coupons for a free large pizza with any toppings and a free sandwich. I wasn’t looking for anything; I just wanted to complain so they knew.

I also sent an email to VZW when I found out my rep never placed my order for 2 Storms and cases. A lady called me the next day, said she would contact the rep and if she couldn’t get a hold of him by 3pm that day, she would place the order herself. Well now my order is placed and on it’s way for Dec 5th.

Sometimes, complaining won’t get you far but at least you tried. You can’t just complain on a forum and expect VZW to knock on your door with a new Storm and a Porsche 911 Turbo for troubling you.

(Not really sure where the Porsche came from. Kind of just popped into my head haha)

And holy crap that was long. I guess I am bored at work lol
    Last edited by BBStorm31; 11-25-08 at 02:56 PM.
    11-25-08 02:49 PM
    What did you order Wednesday? Not a storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ohhhhhh yes I did.. and was told that it would get in the system on Friday.Had it overnited for Saturday.... But the sysytem pooped the bed and went down for most of Friday.
    11-25-08 02:50 PM
    Actually, more like Executive Relations... the people that can do things CSRs only dream of.
    Every major corp has this role and Civic is right - their job in this world is to make sure all goes smoothly. They can take care of things that CSRs cannot. Now the trick is getting to them. They generally are there to address major account issues and issues that are so pervasive as to hurt corporate image - not day to day complaints. If the OP did get through to these folks - we may some some worthwhile information.
    11-25-08 02:55 PM
    Wow...I guess I'm one of the Lucky Ones! My STORM works flawlessly! No Problems here! Good Luck I hope you get the results you are searching for.
    11-25-08 02:57 PM
    i have now taken it one step further...I am waiting for a call back from the office of the President of VZW...

You just made my day! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 02:57 PM
    you know with all the sarcasm on this post, you will be happy to know, that i did recieve 3 call backs already...

i have people in Jersey, and the Carolinas working on my issues...

i have a voicemail indicator that wont go away on top of the display as well as not all my text messages set off audible alerts...

also i am not getting voicemails with the visual voicemail...

they have just called me for a 4th time and said these are known issues and will be getting back to me later today...

so listen, if you think that the sarcasm is called for, do it somewhere else...this is a message board for people to speak freely and openly about their concerns and issues as long as it follows the TOS...

Hey I appreciate what your trying to do...keep it up. if this gets our storms a faster update im all for it.
    11-25-08 02:59 PM
    Actually, it's more then likely that he couldn't hear you because your cheek pressed and activated the Mute button on your Storm's screen.
    lol funny
    11-25-08 03:01 PM
    These threads make me laugh…actually the people (not all but some) on this forum do. The OP is actually doing something about his Storm problems instead of just complaining like some of you on here.

For those of you that think he is actually calling the president, read what he wrote. He is calling the office of the president…office being the key word. He doesn’t have the president’s direct line.

Complaining on a forum is fine but it won’t accomplish much. How is Verizon going to know you and all these other people are mad about an issue if people only complaining on a forum and don’t actually call? What is it going to hurt for the OP to try and get in touch with the president of VZW or even someone that works with the president? Just look at what jeffmvr did. He complained and got a free computer and 3 months of service, plus the president knows about the situation now.

I know some of you are just joking around which is cool but I know some people that posted really think it is a stupid idea to try and call the OFFICE of the president. Urbanmyth for one. Why does anyone want to lie about calling the office of the president? If he called the generic CSR number, I think he would have said that instead of making up a stupid lie about callin the office of the president. It doesn't matter if he gets the president himself or someone in a different state that works with the president, at least he is trying. I for one would love to hear what the OP found out. And no you don't call the president if a traffic light is out, you would call your national grid for that. Calling the president for that small of an issue is just ludicrous. i would definitely call the president to find out if someone was lying in a forum though. I am sure he would love to figure that out with me.

This is a little off topic but kind of on the same idea. I ordered some pizza and a sandwich from Dominos one night. The sandwich was basically two pieces of bread put together with cheese and marinara sauce. It was supposed to be a chicken parm. I emailed Dominos complaining about it and a week later I received a letter from the district manager for Dominos apologizing. He gave me two coupons for a free large pizza with any toppings and a free sandwich. I wasn’t looking for anything; I just wanted to complain so they knew.

I also sent an email to VZW when I found out my rep never placed my order for 2 Storms and cases. A lady called me the next day, said she would contact the rep and if she couldn’t get a hold of him by 3pm that day, she would place the order herself. Well now my order is placed and on it’s way for Dec 5th.

Sometimes, complaining won’t get you far but at least you tried. You can’t just complain on a forum and expect VZW to knock on your door with a new Storm and a Porsche 911 Turbo for troubling you.

(Not really sure where the Porsche came from. Kind of just popped into my head haha)

And holy crap that was long. I guess I am bored at work lol

Very well said!!!
    11-25-08 03:04 PM
    I sincerely appreciate the effort too. I'd have a few choice words for that office at this point.

Now on to my sarcasm. Don't expect a call back from the President of VZW. He overslept on Friday the 21st and didn't get his order in for a storm until after 2:00, so you won't hear from him until his storm ships out - no later than 12/8
    11-25-08 03:09 PM
    wow... this was a funny thread I must say.
    11-25-08 03:27 PM
    ohhhhhh yes I did.. and was told that it would get in the system on Friday.Had it overnited for Saturday.... But the sysytem pooped the bed and went down for most of Friday.
    ohhhhhhh no you didn't. NO ORDERS made before Friday, ask DuLac.

The most they could do was take your info and process it on FRIDAY. And even at that, they like would have called you first to confirm.
    11-25-08 05:42 PM
    ^^^ What he/she said.
    Off the Subject I love your Avatar
    11-25-08 05:47 PM
    ok...

this board is meant to be a tool for owners of RIM's Blackberry's to learn about different things and convey our own experiences...if i tell you i called the president's office cause I am unhappy with my Storm and the way its malfunctioning, why do you feel the need to question my post? Why would I purposely come on here and post a lie...I did NOT call the President of VZW, i simply did some research and found the # to the Cooperate Headquarters...there is a department that handles issues with different parts of VZW...it is my RIGHT as a customer of VZW to use every tool that I have to ensure my phone works properly. If you think for one second your horrible attempt to make fun of me or what I said is something I take to heart, you are so wrong. People act big and tough behind a keyboard and monitor to rile someone up, because most of the time, they are lacking something in real life. Continue to do what you do best, and that is a horrible attempt at trying to put me down.
    11-26-08 08:21 AM
    Hey ggeffon, do let us know what you find out. As someone in a management position (not at VZW), I think it is great to get direct user feedback. Often times the people who have power to make changes don't get direct feedback on the situation because it gets filtered through several other organizations before it gets to them. Maybe this will bring some heightened awareness among the VZW brass.

FWIW, I am pretty confident that the problems are real, but also that they aren't affecting as many people as these forums would have us think. They still need to be fixed and I have faith in RIM to fix them.
    11-26-08 08:33 AM
    Forum cynic's...gotta love em for the entertainment factor alone! (insert smile)

They are abundantly found in all forums...but not so often in person.
    11-26-08 08:37 AM
    ok...

this board is meant to be a tool for owners of RIM's Blackberry's to learn about different things and convey our own experiences...if i tell you i called the president's office cause I am unhappy with my Storm and the way its malfunctioning, why do you feel the need to question my post? Why would I purposely come on here and post a lie...I did NOT call the President of VZW, i simply did some research and found the # to the Cooperate Headquarters...there is a department that handles issues with different parts of VZW...it is my RIGHT as a customer of VZW to use every tool that I have to ensure my phone works properly. If you think for one second your horrible attempt to make fun of me or what I said is something I take to heart, you are so wrong. People act big and tough behind a keyboard and monitor to rile someone up, because most of the time, they are lacking something in real life. Continue to do what you do best, and that is a horrible attempt at trying to put me down.
    Do you have any self-help CDs I can listen to on my way to work? I too am lacking something in real life...

by the way...there is a SMALL difference between the receptionist at corporate headquarters and the President of VZW...so when you say PRESIDENT, you understand why we didn't automatically know you meant Sally, the nice brunette at the front door.
    11-26-08 08:57 AM
    Can you hear me now???
    11-26-08 09:00 AM
    I commend your efforts and I hope the brass hears you/us. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.
    11-26-08 09:13 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD