With all the problems that I am having and reading what a lot of you are having, i have now taken it one step further...I am waiting for a call back from the office of the President of VZW...

They need to know what is going on from a customers side...

I will keep you guys posted and hopefully all these questions we have, will get an answer today..
    11-25-08 08:56 AM
    wow!! Let us know how it goes.Be sure to let the president know that I ordered on Wednesday and have heard nothing and don't have an order confirmation
    11-25-08 12:59 PM
    Yea doubtful you will get a callback.
    11-25-08 01:17 PM
    The President of VZW takes your calls? That's impressive.
    11-25-08 01:19 PM
    ggeffon...

Could you post a list of the problems you have experienced?
    11-25-08 01:21 PM
    wow!! Let us know how it goes.Be sure to let the president know that I ordered on Wednesday and have heard nothing and don't have an order confirmation
    What did you order Wednesday? Not a storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 01:28 PM
    I just spoke to president bush.. and he's behind a lot of whats been happening at RIM... sadly Obama called too and he's been messing w shipping orders at verizon. trying to crush the big corporations. thankfully i set them both straight and you should all be good to go in a couple of days
    11-25-08 01:28 PM
    I just spoke to president bush.. and he's behind a lot of whats been happening at RIM... sadly Obama called too and he's been messing w shipping orders at verizon. trying to crush the big corporations. thankfully i set them both straight and you should all be good to go in a couple of days

you know with all the sarcasm on this post, you will be happy to know, that i did recieve 3 call backs already...

i have people in Jersey, and the Carolinas working on my issues...

i have a voicemail indicator that wont go away on top of the display as well as not all my text messages set off audible alerts...

also i am not getting voicemails with the visual voicemail...

they have just called me for a 4th time and said these are known issues and will be getting back to me later today...

so listen, if you think that the sarcasm is called for, do it somewhere else...this is a message board for people to speak freely and openly about their concerns and issues as long as it follows the TOS...
    11-25-08 01:37 PM
    ^^^ What he/she said.
    11-25-08 01:40 PM
    It sounds from what you've posted that these are software issues unrelated to the physical construction of the Storm.

Voicemail indicator, visual voicemails, text messages, audible alerts.

Seems like you have an issue with your VZW account. I would probably advise going to your closest VZW retailer and having them fix it in person instead of dealing with CSRs that cannot physically see what's wrong with the phone. Here's hoping that you have these issues resolved soon!
    11-25-08 01:41 PM
    you know with all the sarcasm on this post, you will be happy to know, that i did recieve 3 call backs already...

i have a voicemail indicator that wont go away on top of the display as well as not all my text messages set off audible alerts...

they have just called me for a 4th time and said these are known issues and will be getting back to me later today...

so listen, if you think that the sarcasm is called for, do it somewhere else...this is a message board for people to speak freely and openly about their concerns and issues as long as it follows the TOS...
    You Go Girl!
    11-25-08 01:41 PM
    I just got off the phone with God. He couldn't hear me b/c he's using an LG Dare. He'll call me back.
    11-25-08 01:47 PM
    I just got off the phone with God. He couldn't hear me b/c he's using an LG Dare. He'll call me back.
    Actually, it's more then likely that he couldn't hear you because your cheek pressed and activated the Mute button on your Storm's screen.
    11-25-08 01:49 PM
    You guys are being mean for no reason.
    11-25-08 01:56 PM
    Wow that is very impressive how did you get to even talk to him? Wow. That's good that your letting them know of the problems the storm is facing. Everyone should voice their opinions on this
    11-25-08 01:59 PM
    I'm waiting for a call from the mayor of Whoville...

There is NO CHANCE you are getting a call from the President of the company unless you know him personally. That's just silly.

Also what do you expect to get from it? Is he going to give you the super secret Storm with the updated software that only cool people got?
    11-25-08 02:02 PM
    i am not getting a call from THE PRESIDENT...i got a call from his office...
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-25-08 at 02:16 PM. Reason: language
    11-25-08 02:03 PM
    So customer support. Good job!
    11-25-08 02:06 PM
    A few months ago, I was having trouble with my Comcast setup. 10 techs, 2 weeks and no service. I was MAD.

I called Comcast to ask for their corporate number. They won't give it to you (just try and ask them). After a little digging, I found the President of Comcast's office number. I thought "what the ****, couldn't hurt to try". Low and behold, it was the number to the President of Comcast. His secretary answered and listened to me rant for 15 minutes. She took all my information, my phone number and address, and told me to wait an hour and I'd hear back.

Well, somebody from that office called me back, and sure said he was the President. He apologized numerous times and said it was "disgraceful" that I have been without cable service. I also told him that a year prior they screwed up my desktop when the tech fooled around with it. He took my information down (again) and told me I'd receive 3 months of service free as well as a new desktop computer.

3 weeks later, the new computer arrived. Checking my bill, I did get 3 months for free.

Moral of the story? If you go high enough, they have to listen to you. They will give you whatever you want.
    11-25-08 02:13 PM
    So customer support. Good job!
    Actually, more like Executive Relations... the people that can do things CSRs only dream of.
    11-25-08 02:16 PM

hm, lets put it this way.. my intentions were not to come off as a j.e.r.k, so I do apologize to the OP. didn't mean for it to come off the way it did. my attempt at humor failed then :P haha however, if it turns out the OP is full of it i see nothing wrong with being sarcastic.
    Last edited by secretsexyninja; 11-25-08 at 02:22 PM.
    11-25-08 02:16 PM
    Really. You really called the office of the president of verizon. Did they laugh at you at first. Come on now, you don't call the president of the USA if a local traffic light is out. The office of the president of verizon i can assure you will and can do nothing for you exept transer you to customer service. Thank you for trying to push the crazy hype abput how poor this release/os is but youve taken it to the point of the absurd. you know what when you get a call back from the presidents office why don't you get a name and post it here I'll bet the person your taking to isnt in the same state as the presidents office. Grow up and call or admit that you called customer service.
    11-25-08 02:17 PM
    i called the mayor of wasilla
    11-25-08 02:21 PM
    haha. shes HOT
    11-25-08 02:23 PM
    I actually believe the OP. I doubt he will get a call from the Pres of Verizon, but he will get a call from the Executive Offices. I worked my way up high enough with Apple and got a call from "Tim" in the Apple Executive Offices on behalf of Steve Jobs. I thought that was pretty ****ing cool
    11-25-08 02:43 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD