So, as the title states, I've got BOTH phones. The decision that I had to make between the two devices was just too much to handle so I decided to just make my life easier and grab both. A CDMA and GSM phone suited for my liking!

I'm from Canada, so I've got the 9530 on Telus, and the 8900 on Rogers. 3G and non-3G. Touch-screen and keyboard style. I picked up the Storm a month earlier because I had some trouble deciding between the new Curve or the Bold. I sure hope I made the right decision!

I guess this way, I basically covered what each other didn't have. So now, I've got what RIM and their BlackBerrys can offer. Everything.

Comments? And yes, I know, it's a waste.. But, it's okay. I've got excellent plans on both carriers. And is it safe to say that I have the TWO best or should I say popular phones out right now that RIM has?
    02-23-09 01:41 AM
    Ummm.... SO.. what answer are you looking for exactly here?
    02-23-09 01:45 AM
    Whether should I stick with one or the other? I have the liberty to back out from both devices and contracts with no extra charge. I'm just asking if I'm gonna be missing out on a lot.

Which is generally better and more stable?
    02-23-09 01:46 AM
    Whether should I stick with one or the other? I have the liberty to back out from both devices and contracts with no extra charge. I'm just asking if I'm gonna be missing out on a lot.

Well if you ask in the Storm section, you'll get the storm answer...
    And same for Bold section....

I love my Storm, but it's not perfect.
    02-23-09 01:50 AM
    Both phones are my first BB's.. I was able to get a chance to try out the Pearl Flip 8220. That I didn't like because of the keys. I like the one letter per key thing.
    02-23-09 01:54 AM
    Right now, are there things the other can't do?
    02-23-09 01:55 AM
    Storm - no wifi
    8900 - no 3g

Really depends on what you want.

If i need wifi i will go to my laptop but thats me.

Only you can answer your own question mate..
    02-23-09 06:11 AM
    There is other stuff that differ but there is a whole site dedicated to discuss the various merits and its all yours at the click of the search button
    02-23-09 06:13 AM
    hahaha the no wi-fi and 3g can be solved if i had a BOLD.

should i? hmmm....
    02-25-09 12:05 AM
    Same here. Love em both. Although the 8900 is the better device for now. The Storm is nice but the random reboots, dust under the screen and freezes really make me wanna smash it into a wall. The 8900 on the other hand is so flawless its boring.
    02-25-09 12:15 AM

Keep them both. If costs get too much take the one you don't talk on much and switch it to a data plan only. That's what I do.
    02-25-09 12:31 AM
    Yeah Keep em. I ordered the 8900 Curve brand new and it will be here Tommarow. Ill be with both phones to. Thats called Pure Blackberry Addiction. Tell them Tim
    02-25-09 12:33 AM
    I am curious in how you would use both devices? They are completely redundant of each other except for the hardware.

I could see spending the money on a BB/iPhone combo. Or BB/Flip of some sort. The BB being your weekday work phone and then using the other for the weekends. Owning three phones myself, I understand the desire for the change up, and if you can afford both with no strain to your budget then by all means, keep both if they make you happy.

If you are really just trying to decide one over the other then I would suggest taking a week or two and use one exclusively. The switch to the other. Give them both an equal amount of time in your hands and you'll probably be able to identify the one that is the best fit for you hardware wise.
    02-25-09 12:44 AM
    I am curious in how you would use both devices? They are completely redundant of each other except for the hardware.

I could see spending the money on a BB/iPhone combo. Or BB/Flip of some sort. The BB being your weekday work phone and then using the other for the weekends. Owning three phones myself, I understand the desire for the change up, and if you can afford both with no strain to your budget then by all means, keep both if they make you happy.

If you are really just trying to decide one over the other then I would suggest taking a week or two and use one exclusively. The switch to the other. Give them both an equal amount of time in your hands and you'll probably be able to identify the one that is the best fit for you hardware wise.
    I think I'm just keeping the Storm for the sake of having a 'new' and different style of phone..

The Curve is much more stable and will probably be until another new BB comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 02:05 AM
    Btw.. The BB/iPhone combo sucks. I don't like how I can just get an iPod touch if I want iPhone features..

As for the flip combo.. I used to have the 8820 pearl flip with the storm.. I hate the keys on it and the typing style on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 02:09 AM

It's quite simple. The Bold (or Curve) is a more solid device software wise, the physical keys are nice for when I actually need to type something like during a phone call ("for English press 1", "please enter the last 4 digits of . . " etc).

The Storm on the other had is a superior multimedia devoce, the screen is bigger and it is easier to suft the web.

Also some apps work for one but not the other.

They are hardly redundant. Redundant is the Curve and the Bold at the same time and for me I have both but on different networks.
    02-25-09 02:53 AM
    So, as the title states, I've got BOTH phones. The decision that I had to make between the two devices was just too much to handle so I decided to just make my life easier and grab both. A CDMA and GSM phone suited for my liking!
    And I'm jealous!
    02-25-09 04:37 AM
    Keep them both......you can switch them up when you get bored with one.
    02-25-09 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD