02-13-09 03:59 PM
36 12
tools
    What you can do is call up and request a Direct Fulfillment Investigation. If they don't understand what it is, ask for a supervisor. If they refuse, hang up and try again.

I believe launching such an investigation will result in a resolution within 10 business days. I feel your pain as I've had to utilize this method 2x in the last year to resolve a replacement phone issue and an accessory order.

It's odd they threatened you with full payment. Both times I kept the tracking number and could see it had fully arrived. Both times they acknowledged the same thing but asked for my patience in resolving the issue. 3 months later, I had enough and filed both investigations. It actually took 20 days as they somehow screwed up the forms the first time I submitted them. The second time, there was an autoupdate to my account indicating I was finally reimbursed.

I like Verizon but some of their policies tick me off to no end. Like I'm sure you are feeling right now.

(As a side note, one of my replacements was returned 15 MINUTES after I received it. The replacement was worse than my original. I didn't even peel the plastic. There's no water damage. No missing accessories. These things just happen sometimes)

Actually I was told they have 60 days to close the case. Mine was resolved in my favor in about 10 days though.
    02-09-09 08:06 PM
    they will no longer rely on fex ex delivering your box to them.
    How can this be? When you sign for a package from FedEx or anyone else, you are not only signing for receipt of the package, but you are acknowledging that you received the package with its contents undamaged.

It is the receiver's responsibility to open the box and ensure everything is as it should be. If it's not, don't sign for the package.
    02-09-09 08:09 PM
    I foresee a time we will have to have what we put in the box notorized before sending it in verifying what it actually is.

As a protection for us and a protection for them.

It is sad but true that the scammers are hurting us all.

I read on this board daily people trying to figure out a way to scam the phone companies. Everytime someone tells them, yeah, you can get away with that, it is hurting the honest people a little bit at a time until a new policy making it harder on us is put in place.
    I agree, lots of despicable people out there.
    02-09-09 08:23 PM
    Congrats... Always depends on who you talk too
    02-09-09 08:29 PM
    How can this be? When you sign for a package from FedEx or anyone else, you are not only signing for receipt of the package, but you are acknowledging that you received the package with its contents undamaged.

It is the receiver's responsibility to open the box and ensure everything is as it should be. If it's not, don't sign for the package.

Sorry and I do not know where you are getting your information, but your signature only says a package was received. Not that the correct item was in the box.

That box is sent to another dept for that determination.

That is why people send in a water damaged phone and think all went well then suddenly they are charged for the phone after it went to the dept that checks for such things.

From this site I have seen twice where someone bought a phone from another user and wound up receiving a magazine in the box and not a phone. ANd I have only been reading on here about month. It happens.
    02-09-09 09:33 PM
    Didn't you insure it with FedEx when you sent it? I'm a daily FDX shipper, and everything is insured with us.

So a couple hundred in insurance is a couple bucks. If so, file a claim with Fedex. They will trace, call, and bust **** on them so you don't have to.

I've filed claims before, and it took me all of a couple minutes, maybe 5 on the phone max, and it was done. Save yourself all these 'hours' you're spending on the phone, forget about paying off the phone, let FedEx and VZW work it out.
    02-09-09 09:38 PM
    so this is more of a vzw rant than storm rant but it involves the storm. so i had to get a replacment of my 11/21 storm and i sent my old one back via fedex. vzw says they never got it even though i provided them with the tracking number and spent countless hours (5hours + ) on the phone with supervisors trying to figure this out.

i am so f-ing fedup. they want me to pay for the phone and threatened to cancel my account if i dont.

i have no idea what to do other than pay for it but it pisses me off. i want to go into a vzw store now and rip someone a new hole.

Keep with it man. They said they never got mine either and my mom (I was home from college at the time and am on family plan so she handeled it) went in and kept insisting and they girl finally said she'd remove it herself. It just takes some poking and prodding. VZW likes their $$$ which is understandable
    02-09-09 09:39 PM
    so this is more of a vzw rant than storm rant but it involves the storm. so i had to get a replacment of my 11/21 storm and i sent my old one back via fedex. vzw says they never got it even though i provided them with the tracking number and spent countless hours (5hours + ) on the phone with supervisors trying to figure this out.

i am so f-ing fedup. they want me to pay for the phone and threatened to cancel my account if i dont.

i have no idea what to do other than pay for it but it pisses me off. i want to go into a vzw store now and rip someone a new hole.
    Sounds weird???????
    The moment that fedx pick up the package your not liable for the device being lost. All you have to do is for you to go to fedx track check that it shows that it got picked up and then call verizon up giving the date time info. Remember to inform them nicely so someone would help you out more.
    02-09-09 09:47 PM
    Keep on fighting until they finally bow down and give you what you want!
    02-09-09 09:53 PM
    they dont care if you dont send in a 8gb memory card, travel charger, headset, and data cable? why do i doubt that.
    Because it costs less than to manufacture every bit of that than it does to ship it back?
    02-13-09 01:11 PM
    sounds like the warehouse needs to fire some employees.

you shouldnt be liable for the package once it leaves (as long as you have insurance)

fed ex isnt responsible for the package once it delivered and signed for

once the warehouse receives it, it sould be documented that:
    1. its recieved
    2. if its an empty box
    3. where it is being stored at the warehouse

if the person working at the warehouse cant do that....they should find a different job..as well as pay for any cost that accumulated becuase of their work ethic.

tell verizon to go after teh warehouse employee since they shoudl know where it is or whether it was in the box or not.

if it wasnt in the box, then go after fed ex.
    02-13-09 03:59 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD