so this is more of a vzw rant than storm rant but it involves the storm. so i had to get a replacment of my 11/21 storm and i sent my old one back via fedex. vzw says they never got it even though i provided them with the tracking number and spent countless hours (5hours + ) on the phone with supervisors trying to figure this out.

i am so f-ing fedup. they want me to pay for the phone and threatened to cancel my account if i dont.

i have no idea what to do other than pay for it but it pisses me off. i want to go into a vzw store now and rip someone a new hole.
    02-09-09 04:38 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I had the same problem with them in the past. Their tracking system stinks.
    02-09-09 05:04 PM
    Aren't you able to visit the FedEx page and go to the "track a package" section? When I sent mine back, it showed the flow of the package through the system, the delivery date and time and the person who it was delivered to (Dave at VZW). Did you just give them the number or show them the actual printouts? Are you saying they won't accept FedEx documentation showing it was delivered???
    02-09-09 05:33 PM
    Yeah, go to the Fedex site and use your tracking number...
    02-09-09 05:43 PM
    They have to accept the FedEx documentation saying that it was delivered. I would call and talk to someone else with all the information right in front of you. I am sorry to hear of all the time waste and the problems they are giving you. Hope it resolves quickly.
    02-09-09 05:45 PM
    i did call with all the information including tracking numbers. they have looked it up on fedex's site which shows the phones were both delivered and signed for at the texas warehouse location yet until they can physically locate the phone they wont credit me. i just spend another two hours on the phone. this is really ****ty
    02-09-09 05:55 PM
    did you send them an empty box?

OR are you one of those people who didnt send back all the accessories when you provided with a new phone with them?
    02-09-09 05:58 PM
    did you send them an empty box?

OR are you one of those people who didnt send back all the accessories when you provided with a new phone with them?
    no bro. why would u ask such a question. of course i sent everything back otherwise i wouldnt be on here ranting. they cant track the phone or anything!@
    02-09-09 05:59 PM
    keep escalating until you get someone that can make a decision. I've never had that fail.

If they signed for it, they are on the hook for it, case closed. Unfortunately, you'll need to spend some time on the phone but don't give up.
    02-09-09 06:01 PM
    no bro. why would u ask such a question. of course i sent everything back otherwise i wouldnt be on here ranting. they cant track the phone or anything!@
    well i was kidding about the empty box, but i am serious about the accessories.

many people got replacement storms with all the accessories, and kept all the replacements.

i have a feeling many of them will get billed for full handsets.

and i assume there was no physical damage on your device? cause if you send it back and there is water damage or physical damage they will also bill you for a full device.

but i assume they arent saying that? i would assume they would tell you that was the case, if it was the case.

so if you are giving them a tracking number, they are basically claiming that you sent them an empty box?

i mean how else could they explain it?
    02-09-09 06:05 PM
    Unfortunately because people have been known to send empty boxes back, they will no longer rely on fex ex delivering your box to them.

It makes it exp hard on those of us who did the honest thing and then there was a mix up at the reeiving facility, however, the only thing you can do is hope they can locate it, otherwise I am so sorry.

And while you can put some blame on Verizon for the misplacement, the biggest blame goes to those that have tried to scam them so many times that this proceddure is now in place.
    02-09-09 06:06 PM
    man so how could someone protect themselves against that?
    02-09-09 06:10 PM
    i have a feeling many of them will get billed for full handsets.
    You would be wrong. These manufactures don't care if you return what's in the box as accessories because they wind up throwing the ones you send back out, or destroying them. I've worked in many places where they wind up destroying keyboards/mice because they get a new set with every desktop ordered. The government is notorious for it.
    02-09-09 06:12 PM
    You would be wrong. These manufactures don't care if you return what's in the box as accessories because they wind up throwing the ones you send back out, or destroying them. I've worked in many places where they wind up destroying keyboards/mice because they get a new set with every desktop ordered. The government is notorious for it.
    they dont care if you dont send in a 8gb memory card, travel charger, headset, and data cable? why do i doubt that.
    02-09-09 06:14 PM
    well to answer my critics i returned the phone with EVERYTHING in brand new condition with no water damage or any damage. they claim even though it was received it can take up to two billing cycles till the phone is processed but they can not find the phone or box in the warehouse. it looks like ill fight it for another two weeks till i just give up and pay that bastards. but trust me if i end up paying out of pocket i will make sure to find every way possible to screw verizon in the future whether it be tethering my phone for free or showing my friends with LG phones how to get free get-it-now apps on their phones. what goes around comes around vz!
    02-09-09 06:16 PM
    Well after hearing how that whole thing played out it leaves me with one piece of advice which none of your VZW colleges mentioned. go over there supervisors head then.. do more research find the CEO send an email polite an professional with all your documentation/Proof.. All jokes aside dude you could end-up with a new phone an god only know how many months free service.. Sometime you gotta kick them in the groin to make ppl stop f-ing wit you..
    02-09-09 06:17 PM
    i did call with all the information including tracking numbers. they have looked it up on fedex's site which shows the phones were both delivered and signed for at the texas warehouse location yet until they can physically locate the phone they wont credit me. i just spend another two hours on the phone. this is really ****ty
    I had exactly the same issue. I'm actually waiting to see if the credit shows up on this bill because I had to pay it last month. They don't have to actually locate the physical phone because FedEx delivered it and they signed for it. You're responsibility is complete as long as everything that was supposed to be in the box is although they really can't say much since they have it and can't locate it. They didn't give me too much difficulty but maybe I get some sort of special treatment since I've had the same phone number and the service with them since 1989! It was a couple companies before Verizon actually wound up with it.

Long story short I would talk to a supervisor and have the clear it up. Just a reminder you catch a lot more flies with honey than you do vinegar. Verizon is a good company and I've always have great service from them so keep the faith and give them a chance to make it right.
    02-09-09 06:19 PM
    its like the crackberry gods love me. so today out of all days when i write my rant, i get a call from vzw saying they just reviewed my case and credited me the full amount of the phone.. maybe someone from vz read this and took a little action?

if so thanks!
    02-09-09 06:22 PM
    If they didn't sucker me in with the Storm, I would have been gone in a few months.

Verizon sucks.

The end.
    02-09-09 06:33 PM
    Glad things worked out.
    02-09-09 06:37 PM
    well to answer my critics i returned the phone with EVERYTHING in brand new condition with no water damage or any damage. they claim even though it was received it can take up to two billing cycles till the phone is processed but they can not find the phone or box in the warehouse. it looks like ill fight it for another two weeks till i just give up and pay that bastards. but trust me if i end up paying out of pocket i will make sure to find every way possible to screw verizon in the future whether it be tethering my phone for free or showing my friends with LG phones how to get free get-it-now apps on their phones. what goes around comes around vz!
    Well probably what will happen if you do pay is they will find the phone in a few weeks, and credit you for it, but either way I think you can put in a Dispute order (not sure what it's called) and they will not charge you for the returned phone until it is investigated...I had a friend that had something similar, and they put in some sort of dispute thingy that said he didn't hafta pay till it got figured out. So next time you call ask if there is such a thing as dispute paperwork. It showed up on his bill for like 3 months as "disputed billing review" and had a charge for $375 (different phone than a storm) but it wasn't added to his bill, then when the dispute was settled it said so on the bill, and everything was back to normal.

Worth a try
    02-09-09 06:38 PM
    Not that anyone cares, but I'm currently dealing with the exact same problem. I sent a defective Storm back to Verizon a month and a half ago expecting to receive a credit to my account when it was delivered, but apparently Verizon lost it at their receiving facility in Ft. Worth, TX. I've been on the phone with a bunch of different reps who have all told me to wait until it's located in the warehouse...each one of them saying "don't worry, I've never heard of a phone being lost." I have very little confidence that they'll find my phone at this point and credit my account, but I guess you never know.

What sucks the most about this whole deal is that we, as the customer, are completely at Verizon's mercy. All we can do is send our stuff back and hope for the best. Obviously, many people are having issues with this, yet there's nothing we can do to make sure Verizon gives us a refund/credit when necessary.

You'd think a tracking number would be sufficient, but I guess the risk of receiving an empty box has made getting a refund/credit a little more difficult. If they're not going to trust the fact that FedEx delivered a box to their facility, they obviously need to do a better job with their receiving system to make sure people's phones aren't lost.
    02-09-09 06:44 PM
    Well probably what will happen if you do pay is they will find the phone in a few weeks, and credit you for it, but either way I think you can put in a Dispute order (not sure what it's called) and they will not charge you for the returned phone until it is investigated...I had a friend that had something similar, and they put in some sort of dispute thingy that said he didn't hafta pay till it got figured out. So next time you call ask if there is such a thing as dispute paperwork. It showed up on his bill for like 3 months as "disputed billing review" and had a charge for $375 (different phone than a storm) but it wasn't added to his bill, then when the dispute was settled it said so on the bill, and everything was back to normal.

Worth a try
    Wow...I wish I had known that such an option was available. I already completely paid my bill, which included the disputed charge, so the best I can hope is that they'll credit my account for the amount of the phone.

You know what really bothers me about this...I specifically asked the Verizon rep if there was a way I could pay all of my bill except the charge for the phone, and she explicitly told me that if my bill was not paid in full when due, Verizon would stop my phone service until I paid the remaining balance.

What a pile of crap...
    02-09-09 06:48 PM
    What you can do is call up and request a Direct Fulfillment Investigation. If they don't understand what it is, ask for a supervisor. If they refuse, hang up and try again.

I believe launching such an investigation will result in a resolution within 10 business days. I feel your pain as I've had to utilize this method 2x in the last year to resolve a replacement phone issue and an accessory order.

It's odd they threatened you with full payment. Both times I kept the tracking number and could see it had fully arrived. Both times they acknowledged the same thing but asked for my patience in resolving the issue. 3 months later, I had enough and filed both investigations. It actually took 20 days as they somehow screwed up the forms the first time I submitted them. The second time, there was an autoupdate to my account indicating I was finally reimbursed.

I like Verizon but some of their policies tick me off to no end. Like I'm sure you are feeling right now.

(As a side note, one of my replacements was returned 15 MINUTES after I received it. The replacement was worse than my original. I didn't even peel the plastic. There's no water damage. No missing accessories. These things just happen sometimes)
    02-09-09 06:49 PM
    I foresee a time we will have to have what we put in the box notorized before sending it in verifying what it actually is.

As a protection for us and a protection for them.

It is sad but true that the scammers are hurting us all.

I read on this board daily people trying to figure out a way to scam the phone companies. Everytime someone tells them, yeah, you can get away with that, it is hurting the honest people a little bit at a time until a new policy making it harder on us is put in place.
    02-09-09 07:04 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD