So guys my storm 1 had the grestes idea yesterday.The phone was fine all day i was typing on it and my screen got a small crack on the right corner.....after being so mad for a while i started trying to make it work.The crack only spread to the whole screen over the past day.I called asurion and they said they'd replace it for 50 bucks not bad but now im wondering if that was a bad idea.

Will they send me a storm 1 replacement or storm 2?
    honestly i dont quite care what phone i get as a replacement as long as its not a piece of crap....Ive heard such horror stories of people getting replacement phones with dusty screens nicks all over scratches and such that now im wondering if ill be in a bigger whole when that phone comes,can someone help me here with some answers???????
    06-30-10 06:02 PM
    ok, so they are going to give you a replacement for $50, which is typical.
    So why do you hate Verizon and Asurion?

Asurion will most likely send you a replacement Storm 1.
    06-30-10 06:20 PM
    well they were trynna hustle me out of money when i called they said to me if i didnt pay my past due amount on my bill there were gonna be problems with me getting a replacement from asurion....so i told the rep if he was gonna give me a hard time i would just stop paying the phone and get another carrier n not pay them anything so they got mad at me so i decided to go to asurion and talk to them instead....either way im really hoping i dont get a lemon in the mail
    06-30-10 06:23 PM
    do u think theyll give me an actual storm 1 still?
    06-30-10 06:23 PM
    well they were trynna hustle me out of money when i called they said to me if i didnt pay my past due amount on my bill there were gonna be problems with me getting a replacement from asurion....so i told the rep if he was gonna give me a hard time i would just stop paying the phone and get another carrier n not pay them anything so they got mad at me so i decided to go to asurion and talk to them instead....either way im really hoping i dont get a lemon in the mail
    So making you pay your overdue bill is a hustle? Your definition of hustle seems to be a little skewed. They will replace your Storm with a refurbished Storm 1.
    06-30-10 06:30 PM
    Going forward you don't need to contact Verizon when making an insurance claim. That would be like calling the car dealership when you get into a car accident.
    06-30-10 06:32 PM
    lmao, so you are not paying you bill and expect service from them still and them to be nice and sweet? welcome to the real world, grow up and be responsible like everyone has to do. I would have said tough **** kid
    06-30-10 07:21 PM
    no the bill is due in a month i just paid it theyre trying to tell me that i gota pay the bill which isnt due until a few weeks what gives? i paid two weeks ago and now suddenly my phone acts up and they have a problem with it.They didnt have a problem when i had two broken storms and they were trying to rip me off and not replace the crappy phones they were sending me last year....verizon really is crooked
    06-30-10 07:24 PM
    ok howarmat first of all why shuld i pay a carrier who rips me off.When i got my storm at first i was awful never worked they gave me such a hard time to replace it then sent me another one,which bny the way also was refurb and quite awful.They wanted me to basically buy a new phone when its their fault the storm 1 has such issues when it came out.Now that it actually broke and the insurance shuld help out they also tried to tell me that even if i called asurion and tried to get a replacement i basically shuld pay my bill a month in advance whic i dont find fair do you? would u pay ur next months bill to VZ r any carrier if to begin with ur phone just broke and they are giving u hard time replacing.
    I got on the phone all morning with asurion and they also gave me a hard time.Why do they give such a hard time when i pay for insurance for that same reason so whne my f**king phone breaks i can have it replaced free of hastle.Finally they agreed to replace it but with a refurb which by my long history of refurbs is prolly gonna fail on me anyways,I just dont see why they cant give me a new unit when i pay them hundreds of my hard earned dollars every month for their service and such????
    06-30-10 07:29 PM
    secondly dude i aint no kid get your facts straight
    06-30-10 07:31 PM
    anyways thanks to sum of you for your comments
    06-30-10 07:32 PM
    ok howarmat first of all why shuld i pay a carrier who rips me off.When i got my storm at first i was awful never worked they gave me such a hard time to replace it then sent me another one,which bny the way also was refurb and quite awful.They wanted me to basically buy a new phone when its their fault the storm 1 has such issues when it came out.Now that it actually broke and the insurance shuld help out they also tried to tell me that even if i called asurion and tried to get a replacement i basically shuld pay my bill a month in advance whic i dont find fair do you? would u pay ur next months bill to VZ r any carrier if to begin with ur phone just broke and they are giving u hard time replacing.
    I got on the phone all morning with asurion and they also gave me a hard time.Why do they give such a hard time when i pay for insurance for that same reason so whne my f**king phone breaks i can have it replaced free of hastle.Finally they agreed to replace it but with a refurb which by my long history of refurbs is prolly gonna fail on me anyways,I just dont see why they cant give me a new unit when i pay them hundreds of my hard earned dollars every month for their service and such????
    Maybe its because verizon doesnt believe half the bull**** people tell them. yes the storm and tour gave honest people lots of problems but do you understand how many people call up and lie about problems they have?

2nd you BROKE your phone obv. that is your fault. Verizon telling you to pay your bill tho is some bull**** by a rep that doesnt know what hes talking about. If you ever wanna file a claim just go to asurions site.

and its not Verizons fault the storm had so many problems. go blame RIM
    06-30-10 07:37 PM
    yes honestly i do see where theyre calling from but its really frustrating because ive been a verizon customer for about 4 years never late on payments always up to date and they never seem to give anyone a break ....not cool

th reps they have no idead whats even going on i seriously hope they start hiring people who know a little more about the products

And yes...it is my fault the phone broke i take the responsibility but why shuld they give u a problem when ur paying anyways for the replacement??? pretty dumb if u ask me cause im throwing my money at them anyways so its a win win for them.... ad RIM well its a love hate for me I love blackberrys dont want another brand phone but the curve i had before wich was the old school ones never gave me any issues so RIM if ur reading this please dont make me turn my back on you i really count on ur phones for work and everything else
    06-30-10 07:47 PM
    secondly dude i aint no kid get your facts straight
    Well, considering your use of the english language and your phenomenal use of capitalization and punctuation, you are putting on a good act.

If you want to come across as an educated adult you are gonna have to make a better try than your posts in this thread.
    Last edited by sleepsafe; 06-30-10 at 08:20 PM.
    06-30-10 08:17 PM
    well considering ur lurkin and writtin on my thread like u own it why dont you just stop looking at if if it annoys u so much!!! is that puctuation enough why write on a thread u dont even care about its a waste of ur time not mine buddy lmao
    06-30-10 08:21 PM
    Like most of the posters have said, you will be getting a replacement Storm 1 from Asurion unless they don't have one in stock. If they don't, then they will give you a device that is "of like kind and quality"...

Good luck...
    06-30-10 08:37 PM
    IMO, if you are eligible for an upgrade, go that route...
    06-30-10 08:39 PM
    well considering ur lurkin and writtin on my thread like u own it why dont you just stop looking at if if it annoys u so much!!! is that puctuation enough why write on a thread u dont even care about its a waste of ur time not mine buddy lmao
    If the shoe fits.....but you are such a youngster you probably have no idea what that means. Enjoy your replacement Storm.
    06-30-10 08:45 PM
    Go ride your skateboard...
    07-01-10 10:32 AM
    Ouch...Your posts make my head hurt.
    07-01-10 10:49 AM
    then close your eyes!!!!!
    how bout that

btw
    Asurion sent me a replacemtn this morning which is a little piece of dog crap.The phone doesnt read memory cards or sim cards.It goes to show how much they care about their costumers now theyre sending me another one,which hopefully works.I bet this is gonna be a fun little ride trying to get a working unit from them.
    Ive come to the desicion that if the next unit tomorrow doesnt work then I'm done with verizon.Honestly i dont think i will get a BB either only because its just too many issues and I use ot for work....I cant have my boss on my back all day about a phone that doesnt work or screens that don't respond or any other crap we all deal with usually......

too bad I gotta go with something else but as long as it works....
    07-01-10 02:06 PM
    Big bad wolf what kind of a name is that how about you go ride your mother
    Last edited by sk8trix; 07-01-10 at 02:16 PM.
    07-01-10 02:07 PM
    Let’s keep it friendly people. There is absolutely no need to bring any one's mother into this discussion.
    07-01-10 04:57 PM
    If you spoke to the Verizon and Assurion reps like you typed on here, I can see why you get attitude.

Let’s break down your posts:

You said Verizon said “…if i didnt pay my past due amount on my bill…”
    Then you said ”… no the bill is due in a month i just paid it theyre trying to tell me that i gota pay the bill which isnt due until a few weeks…”
    So which is it? Strike one to your credibility.

Then you said “…I just dont see why they cant give me a new unit when i pay them hundreds of my hard earned dollars every month for their service and such…”
    How many lines do you actually have? I have four phones activated, including two Blackberrys, and I pay about $220 per month.
    I thinking this is a foul ball. Strike two.

You broke the phone this time? What about the other two times? Was it problems with the phone, or did you break them too? Since I’m not sure, foul ball, still 0-2 on the count on your credibility’s at-bat.

When I combine your speaking and typing skills, along with the mother comment you made to another poster, this is a swing and miss, strike three. Your credibility is shot!

I’m throwing a troll flag on this one.
    07-01-10 06:23 PM
    im on my second refurb.......i have to say better than my original storm when it came out that thing sucked balls....then my 1st refurb got water damage and i sent it to vz and they didnt notice hahahaha...now i got this one and its good nothing wrong with the hardware just all to blame on a crappy *** Os that cant do anything right except leak memory all over the place and limit the amoutn of apps u can DL oh yea and almost forgot u gotta battery pull every few days or so or ur phone forgets its suppossed to be smart....sorry for the sarcasm but this os is getting me fired up lately
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/cal...ml#post4483354

If you wanted to know what happened to his last few phones..... Too bad you don't know how to take care of your phone. Good news for Asurion is that hopefully they will waste all the POS refurb phones on you so that others might get a decent replacement.
    07-01-10 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD