Ridiculous. My keyboard freezes constantly and Facebook is nonfunctional now. I may downgrade back to the previous platform. What a waste of my time and energy installing / "upgrading" this. Anyone else having problems?
    10-27-09 09:36 PM
    Ridiculous. My keyboard freezes constantly and Facebook is nonfunctional now. I may downgrade back to the previous platform. What a waste of my time and energy installing / "upgrading" this. Anyone else having problems?
    here is the link to 920 other comments on version 5.0.0.328. Lots of problems, fixes and lots of happy and not so happy people. It may be frustrating but most people seem to resolve their issues.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...ndings-346265/
    10-27-09 09:40 PM
    I guess it depends upon what 3rd party apps you run. The only issue I have had is the landscape screen dim problem.
    10-27-09 09:42 PM
    sounds like a rant... needs to be moved.

now, if you want to post a REAL thread that says "is anybody else having problems with their keyboard freezing and FB app not working?" then you might get a response.

btw, don't blame the OS if an app doesn't work... blame the developer of the app for not making a compatible version. Try deleting the app, rebooting your phone, then reinstalling.

oh, and no - no problem with the keyboard.
    10-27-09 09:42 PM
    Except for the minor annoyance of the landscape dimming mine is working nearly perfectly. Best OS I've had loaded since 4.7.0.167
    10-27-09 09:50 PM
    sounds like a rant... needs to be moved.

now, if you want to post a REAL thread that says "is anybody else having problems with their keyboard freezing and FB app not working?" then you might get a response.

btw, don't blame the OS if an app doesn't work... blame the developer of the app for not making a compatible version. Try deleting the app, rebooting your phone, then reinstalling.

oh, and no - no problem with the keyboard.

I asked a question. It can be summed up as "Is anyone else having problems with this upgrade?"

And yes----I am frustrated. I've wasted an hour of my time on this so far.
    10-27-09 09:52 PM
    I had to run my storm on the original theme and it works perfect
    10-27-09 09:54 PM
    I am downgrading back to the previous platform. This is the least user-friendly thing I have ever seen. It makes using my Storm an exercise in frustration rather than a source of convenience.
    10-27-09 10:08 PM
    Good. Go away. Get a different phone. Just don't come back anymore. I mean honestly, if all you're going to do is complain go to the rants and raves. If you're looking for help with some of your issues thats one thing, but to come and tell everyone how unhappy you are?

Who cares.
    10-27-09 10:13 PM
    I asked a question. It can be summed up as "Is anyone else having problems with this upgrade?"

And yes----I am frustrated. I've wasted an hour of my time on this so far.
    Wow, a whole hour..............
    10-27-09 10:14 PM
    I am downgrading back to the previous platform. This is the least user-friendly thing I have ever seen. It makes using my Storm an exercise in frustration rather than a source of convenience.
    thanks for informing all of us. just fyi most people aren't having the keyboard issue like you are. sounds like you have a bad install.
    10-27-09 10:15 PM
    Except for the minor annoyance of the landscape dimming mine is working nearly perfectly. Best OS I've had loaded since 4.7.0.167
    +1

+ flick scrolling + Super quick OS + Threaded SMS
    10-27-09 10:16 PM
    Unfortunately findings and fixes turned into a sh1t show....it pages of quick pull does not work and my screen dims that whole thread needs a overhaul to do any good...pkable did try but he got over run.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Last edited by NIKSTORM; 10-27-09 at 10:20 PM.
    10-27-09 10:17 PM
    @ John --- I imagine that you have an hour here and there to waste. I don't.

@ Kylazin --- I am actually very happy with the phone---have had it for a year now with no problems or complaints whatsoever. I just don't like this upgrade. I am solving my own problem by downgrading. Calm down.

@x1208x -- Thank you for being one of the few people in this thread to have a thoughtful and constructive response to my post. Maybe it was just a bad install, but unfortunately I don't have time for this, or for a poorly working platform. Returning to the previous one, with which I was quite happy.
    10-27-09 10:18 PM
    Also, if I eventually do attempt to reinstall this version---anyone know how to completely turn off that obnoxious "word complete" function? I tried everything (wasting another 20 minutes of my time) to no avail. Was another major factor in my decision to get rid of v.5. Thanks to anyone with a constructive, helpful response.
    10-27-09 10:20 PM
    Look man, I'm not the one coming in here emphasizing how much I hate an upgrade, and then complaining further about how it stole your time away.

I'd suggest wiping the phone, and re-installing from scratch. It is what I did and my phone is running flawlessly, save for the memory leak which I believe is caused by my theme. As for the word complete:

Options> Language and Text Input> Show text input options > uncheck predictive.
    10-27-09 10:25 PM
    Also, if I eventually do attempt to reinstall this version---anyone know how to completely turn off that obnoxious "word complete" function? I tried everything (wasting another 20 minutes of my time) to no avail. Was another major factor in my decision to get rid of v.5. Thanks to anyone with a constructive, helpful response.
    Seriously, just go into this thread do an advanced search with key words (in this case 'word complete') and you will get plenty of posts telling you how to fix. I don't remember off the top of my head but it is a 2 minute search.
    10-27-09 10:26 PM
    Did you upgrade your facebook version? My guess is you botched the install also. 5.0 is awesome, but sometimes when upgrading and restoring your user data, files get corrupt.
    10-27-09 10:27 PM
    Look man, I'm not the one coming in here emphasizing how much I hate an upgrade, and then complaining further about how it stole your time away.

I'd suggest wiping the phone, and re-installing from scratch. It is what I did and my phone is running flawlessly, save for the memory leak which I believe is caused by my theme. As for the word complete:

Options> Language and Text Input> Show text input options > uncheck predictive.
    Thank you. I will try this over the weekend (when I won't be freaking out about things like time). You're probably right about needing to just wipe the phone and do it from scratch. Also, I appreciate your solution for fixing the auto-word-complete feature. Thanks again.
    10-27-09 10:30 PM
    Seriously, just go into this thread do an advanced search with key words (in this case 'word complete') and you will get plenty of posts telling you how to fix. I don't remember off the top of my head but it is a 2 minute search.
    Yeah----I am going to take Kylazin's advice and try a wipe/re-install this weekend, when I have some extra time to fiddle with the phone, if necessary. I need to do this when I am calm and not stressed out over a deadline. My fault for choosing a night when I was stressed out to do this. Thank you for your help.
    10-27-09 10:31 PM
    Did you upgrade your facebook version? My guess is you botched the install also. 5.0 is awesome, but sometimes when upgrading and restoring your user data, files get corrupt.
    I did----and that's when I started having all the problems with it, weirdly enough.
    10-27-09 10:32 PM
    Good luck man, and if you need help with anything, ask. You can BBM me too if you want. PIN's up there.
    10-27-09 10:56 PM
    I have no prblems with Facebook or any other apps.

I'm running FB, opera mini 5, and lots of other apps.

No keyboard problems at all. I had many more keyboard issues with previous builds

10-27-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD