05-14-09 08:09 PM
26 12
tools
    Someone please convince me ... as to why I should keep it. I'm do discouraged about my storm. I just got it a couple of days ago with Verizon. I switched from Sprint - BB Curve to the Storm and I'm having a hard time using it. I miss the ease of the Curve but I must admit the graphics is way better on the Storm. Yet I'm not feeling it. The Virtual Keyboard in particular. ALSO the phone... even though I have the slidelock it doesn't allow me to lock it back after I unlocked it while on a call. Plus it get stuck. and lot of my previous appli. aren't compatiable with the storm even though it says otherwise.

So HELP cause I really like the phone but I HATE IT...changes ... how long should I wait before I give it up?
    05-14-09 12:03 PM
    Have you tried updating to one of the leaked OSes? I would suggest you give one a shot before you decide to give up on the phone altogether. There are many different builds out there for you to choose from. If you are new to the process, check this link out on how to do it
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/

You may want to check out .122 since it was at least approved by some other carriers. But remember, if you decide to return the device, make sure to put .75 back on. Good luck!
    05-14-09 12:09 PM
    I felt the same when I first got mine, but after getting used to it and eventually upgrading the OS i now love it and I've had it now going on 5 months. Upgrade the OS and give it a bit more time to get used to and I'm sure you'll have a change of heart...
    05-14-09 12:14 PM
    The learning curve on the storm is rather steep. I was rather frustrated for the first week or two that I had mine. But I read posts on this site often and now I'm happy with it.
    05-14-09 12:14 PM
    I'm nearly in tears trying to decide if I should keep it or not. Pretty phone but a drastic change from the Curve. I will update the OS and hopefully for a few more days/ weeks I'll get the hang of it. Thanks you yall... encouragment helps when you feeling lost and out there.
    05-14-09 12:19 PM
    I can feel your pain...storm is my first BB, new bb user here

I had to use a friend's curve the other day ...it was a clunky mess. felt like i was back using a tandy machine or something... i realized that i HATE the curve!! ugly as ****, trackball is a pain in the ***, nothing is smooth or pleasing to the eye, and I just sat there missing all the features i had come to love in the storm...

my conclusion....everyone wants something different in a BB. The storm might just straight up not be your cup o tea. I can see a lot of previous BB users having some hate after getting used to their physical keyboards and trackball...

So it all depends on what you really want in a phone
    05-14-09 12:21 PM
    I wouldn't be in tears over a phone.

Get the new software. If you don't like the click-screen, return it to Verizon and get a Verizon Curve.
    05-14-09 12:21 PM
    LoL, you should just gave up now. The storm is not meant for everyone.

If not, I suggest start reading through OS threads, then moving up to 3rd party APP's, and themes.
    Within a week you'll be able to know your storm like the back of your hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 12:22 PM
    Go back to your Curve n00b.

05-14-09 12:23 PM
    LOL @ kinggeoff I still have my curve sitting here next to me... it's so ugly and tiny compared to the Storm. But when out of sight I'm missing lol. I'm hoping it's just me and I get use to the Storm.

You made me laugh, thanks!
    05-14-09 12:23 PM
    I freak'n love it.
    .132 really cemented my fondness for the device.
    It takes the place of an mp3 player, phone, lap top (web browser), planner/calender and maby many other things at once. You can even use it as a 16gb flash drive.

Can't wait to see how awesome this baby is gonna be with a polished official OS.

05-14-09 12:24 PM
    agough05 I'm not a noob... at least not to BB

consider it an emotional day for me and the Storm has taken me over the edge.
    05-14-09 12:25 PM
    LOL @ kinggeoff I still have my curve sitting here next to me... it's so ugly and tiny compared to the Storm. But when out of sight I'm missing lol. I'm hoping it's just me and I get use to the Storm.

You made me laugh, thanks!

hehehe i'm the "other" kind of user here...

was a dumbphone user, contract was up, switched to a BB plan, and now im an addict! But i wanted a nice looking phone with a lot of the features of the iphone without being the mess of a phone that the iphone is (needed a REAL phone)... love the storm because it has a lot of the bb functionality in a much nicer package hehe

It's always a case of "you don't know what you've got till it's gone"... i miss the xenon flash and sick sensor of my old SE K790

it is entirely possible that you will never get along with the storm unfortunately it is a unique beast... almost like dating a bipolar girl (scary times)
    05-14-09 12:26 PM
    Theres a learnig curve for some. For me it was like an aquired taste. once I Got used to it, I cant put it down........
    05-14-09 12:27 PM
    well I'll give myself some time... thanks!
    05-14-09 12:34 PM
    Go to the how to forum and read thru the tips n tricks thread. I have been doing it and learning new stuff. This phone is sweet....
    Don't listen to the nay sayers..
    05-14-09 12:39 PM
    There is definitely a learning curve give it some time, if you still have no luck with it go back to the curve. All devices are not for all people if its not better with time then its not the device for you.
    05-14-09 12:40 PM
    I can feel your pain...storm is my first BB, new bb user here

I had to use a friend's curve the other day ...it was a clunky mess. felt like i was back using a tandy machine or something... i realized that i HATE the curve!! ugly as ****, trackball is a pain in the ***, nothing is smooth or pleasing to the eye, and I just sat there missing all the features i had come to love in the storm...

my conclusion....everyone wants something different in a BB. The storm might just straight up not be your cup o tea. I can see a lot of previous BB users having some hate after getting used to their physical keyboards and trackball...

By missing all the features did u mean downloading leaked OSes every week,battery pulls several times daily,lagginess,random reboots ect...yeah I sure do miss that about the Storm. Not!!

So it all depends on what you really want in a phone

05-14-09 12:43 PM
    if you are waiting for RIM or VZW to come out with a fix fughettaboutit. Install a leak or hybrid, if you aren't willing to do that, then take it back.
    05-14-09 01:34 PM
    Not to be condescending or rude.

But there is no need for you to be inconvenienced by your storm. If you and your storm don't click then it is not for you; by all means return it. Everybody have different needs for their device. And no matter what we tell you to keep your storm, in the end it is up to you.

When I was selecting my next BB, I had a choice between the curve and storm. It took me a month to decide which one to go for. In the end I went for the storm not because it is new, rather I can see more of the email/webpage/text using the storm rather than the curve. So prioritize on what are you looking for on your phone and stick by it and everything else is just window dressing.

Hope this helps
    05-14-09 01:59 PM
    well I'll give myself some time... thanks!
    ....out of sight out of mind

....I'll make it easy for ya

....I'll give ya $100 for it

....Problem solved

05-14-09 02:16 PM
    I finally gave up on the storm. I tried every leaked os, was really fast on keyboard, tried to hold on because I figured an (official os update) was on the way. To make a long story short I'm back to the curve and I don't miss the storm at all.

05-14-09 02:19 PM
    If you're not happy with it return it and get something that better suits you.

05-14-09 02:41 PM
    thanks... yall
    05-14-09 04:30 PM

having trouble with quotes on your curve there dude?

I havent had any of the problems you describe... my guess is user error... much like you and messing up quoting my post
    05-14-09 07:35 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD