Im on my second one. I am tired of doing 2-3 battery pulls a day, super laggy system etc. I am fed up, I paid good money for the hunk it preforms like ***. I am on telus net work and my current version is :4.7.0.76..... Telus has yet to come out with a dam update. Im ready to sell this pos on craigslist and get a curve. IS there anything I can do.
    03-17-09 01:18 AM
    I suggest trying 4.7.0.109, you will see a very significant increase in performance. For each new OS the Storm gets better.
    I am currently using 4.7.0.114, but it isn't very stable, so use 4.7.0.109.
    Here is the link to the 4.7.0.109 thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-167458/
    And here is the instructions on how to update: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/
    Last edited by MancusoX; 03-17-09 at 01:39 AM.
    03-17-09 01:22 AM
    Im on my second one. I am tired of doing 2-3 battery pulls a day, super laggy system etc. I am fed up, I paid good money for the hunk it preforms like ***. I am on telus net work and my current version is :4.7.0.76..... Telus has yet to come out with a dam update. Im ready to sell this pos on craigslist and get a curve. IS there anything I can do.
    Your not alone my friend! Been looking @ the Curve myself, may just wait for the Bold on VZW though!
    03-17-09 01:38 AM
    I have absolutely no problems with mine at all. I have NEVER had to do a battery pull. Do not install the beta O/S it will help in some ways and screw the phone up in others. Stay original RIM and wait for the real OS upgrade to come from RIM. I am 100% satisfied with my Storm running the factory O/S. Love Love Love mine!
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-17-09 at 02:32 AM.
    03-17-09 02:29 AM
    Yeah man, I have been stock but I just went to .109, I'll see w/ .109 but its faster
    03-17-09 02:42 AM
    Do not install the beta O/S it will help in some ways and screw the phone up in others.
    That is simply NOT true!!
    03-17-09 04:01 AM
    Do not install the beta O/S it will help in some ways and screw the phone up in others.
    I've gotta disagree there, Most of the OS's I've tried and all of the hybrids have been fantastic improvements. None have screwed up my Storm.
    03-17-09 05:41 AM
    download .109 its 100 times better then the .75 os your on.

you have nothing to loose, if your doing 3 pulls a day somehow, just upgrade to .109 its a lot faster and no battery pulls
    03-17-09 06:32 AM

are you smoking crack or something?? don't give out False information!
    03-17-09 06:33 AM
    I have absolutely no problems with mine at all. I have NEVER had to do a battery pull. Do not install the beta O/S it will help in some ways and screw the phone up in others. Stay original RIM and wait for the real OS upgrade to come from RIM. I am 100% satisfied with my Storm running the factory O/S. Love Love Love mine!
    I'll back you up with this statement. Betas can indeed screw up your phone. Ask anyone who was around when the first 4.5 builds were leaked.
    03-17-09 06:37 AM
    I'll back you up with this statement. Betas can indeed screw up your phone. Ask anyone who was around when the first 4.5 builds were leaked.
    I'm jumping in to co-sign too. Betas are not the end-all-be-all. Some make your phone perform admirably and others make you want to kill somebody!
    03-17-09 06:42 AM
    It's a good thing we have the OS forum and a ton of devoted users/crackers who are willing to sort a lot of that out!
    03-17-09 06:56 AM
    Your lying... Never done a bettery pull HA!
    03-17-09 07:19 AM
    Im on telus... Just installed 109 last night and so far i have noticed a significant improvement.. I'll let you know when i have to do my first bettery pull.. (fingers crossed that will be never!)

So i hit post reply on my computer then picked up my phone and it was froze up... Just did a battery pull.. LMFAO
    03-17-09 07:21 AM
    LOL! Yeah the Storm is funny like that. When i first got mine i was showing (it off) to a friend and he asked if it was as bad as he heard. I said nah its great and just as i said that it froze! Talk about embarrassing!
    03-17-09 07:33 AM
    i love my storm i have 109 and yeah i have puled my battery a couple times but its no big deal. i used to have a "NES" lol
    03-17-09 07:41 AM
    LOL! Yeah the Storm is funny like that. When i first got mine i was showing (it off) to a friend and he asked if it was as bad as he heard. I said nah its great and just as i said that it froze! Talk about embarrassing!
    LOL Bajan. I like how you threw in "it!" You know you were showing you off!! THAT'S why is froze.... God works in mysterious ways...
    03-17-09 07:59 AM
    The storm has embarrassed me a few times "showing it off" Lol. I was showing this chick and the motherfcker froze. I was like uhhh yea does that sometimes . lol

I am also going to do the upgrade right now.
    03-19-09 06:44 PM
    I had that POS 2 weeks and went back to my Curve. If you ditch it you won't be sorry, I promise.
    03-19-09 06:46 PM
    I hate this POS thread.
    03-19-09 06:46 PM
    any one else had problems with it freezing up when you go to answer it and it stops ringing? also how can i tell my OS version?
    03-19-09 08:36 PM
    Using a cell phone to pick up girls?

Kids these day...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 08:43 PM
    Using a cell phone to pick up girls?

Kids these day...

Lol... Everyone I show mine to I mention it is a slick phone, but it is buggy. I dig mine so far, can't wait for the next update.

03-19-09 08:57 PM
    download .109 its 100 times better then the .75 os your on.

you have nothing to loose, if your doing 3 pulls a day somehow, just upgrade to .109 its a lot faster and no battery pulls
    talk about exaggeration. Its barely even twice as fast. Its still unacceptable as an OS. If you dont like the phone I suggest you sell it, cuz i cant see it getting any better....at least anytime soon. Update is taking ages to come out.
    03-19-09 11:48 PM
    are you smoking crack or something?? don't give out False information!
    I don't smoke anything and I can tell you with certainty that in some cases the betas will screw up a Storm defendant upon what applications you load on them. When I tried .109 my phone rebooted spontaneously several times a day. When I downgrade back to .75 it did not but it sucked. So, unless you consider a phone that reboots by itself not screwed up, you are right. Personally *I* think the phone with a beta OS rebooting all day is pretty messed up. I guess it's all what you consider as acceptable behavior for your phone. Me, last week I packed up my Storm, it's going on eBay in a few minutes. I have my Curve back, my life back, no urges to read these forums all day like a pathetic loser waiting for someone to toss me a bone, wait for leaks, swap keyboard, radio, or whatever files on the OS to get it to work less crappy. It's a beautiful day here in northern Illinois. My Blackberry Curve works perfect and that horrible Storm can go create irritation is someone elses life, not mine. Life is good. If it looks like p**p, smells like p**p, it's p**p folks.
    Last edited by carlsbl; 03-20-09 at 10:35 AM.
    03-20-09 10:23 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD