hey Chasers, I really hate Bing...hate hate hate. On my 9530 had the options for Wikipedia, Yahoo, Google for searches in the GO to menu then vzw had to factory install BING. Well, my question to all you Chasers is: How do I install Wikipedia, Google back into my Storm2?

Please help
    09-22-10 01:42 PM
    You don't. It's carrier controlled not an option.
    09-22-10 01:46 PM
    This has been discussed in hundreds of threads and I'm sure at least the of them popped up when you created this thread. Nothing you can do other then setting bookmarks or the google app
    09-22-10 01:57 PM
    I despise Bing. It sucks that I have to have a google bookmark, causing me to wait for the google page to load, before I can search the 'net. brickbats to Verizon.
    09-22-10 02:16 PM
    This has been discussed in hundreds of threads and I'm sure at least the of them popped up when you created this thread. Nothing you can do other then setting bookmarks or the google app
    +1 another thread
    09-22-10 02:17 PM
    Use the Google mobile app at m.google.com, it's alot faster than bookmarking in the native browser. Oh yeah, I hate Bing too!!
    09-22-10 03:14 PM
    Use the Google mobile app at m.google.com, it's alot faster than bookmarking in the native browser. Oh yeah, I hate Bing too!!
    it takes my phone 5 seconds to open google mobile app. then it has to open the browser when i click one of the links.

in the browser, it takes 2 seconds to load the google page.

ergo, it's faster to just use the browser/google page than to open the dedicated app.
    09-22-10 03:39 PM
    I love Bing...I hate Google. I must be the only one in the world. Oh well.
    09-22-10 03:53 PM
    you must do some odd searches or just like incomplete results!
    09-22-10 03:58 PM
    you must do some odd searches or just like incomplete results!
    I like real results, not what's hip. I did a comparison of the 2, and just liked Bing better. A search for cougar (a report for my son) in Google pulled down some urban dictionary crap about older women and younger men as the first result. Really? Bing got the pictures I wanted in the first result. The crap was number 2. I could use Google as the number 2 on the Google search was the animal, but why. Bing for me, and perhaps only me.
    09-22-10 04:13 PM
    I just use Quick Launch, even when I had the 9530 I never used the search on the browser. It's just as fast to bring up QL and search from there. But it also lets you search Amazon, Ebay, youtube, Google images and news, wiki, dictionary, IMDB and I'm sure others I didn't list. I'd hate my Storms if it weren't for QL.
    09-22-10 04:19 PM
    It would be nice to be able to choose still. I just never find myself using the start page search anymore since they took away all of our options

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 04:21 PM
    I just use Quick Launch, even when I had the 9530 I never used the search on the browser. It's just as fast to bring up QL and search from there. But it also lets you search Amazon, Ebay, youtube, Google images and news, wiki, dictionary, IMDB and I'm sure others I didn't list. I'd hate my Storms if it weren't for QL.
    I have been using ql since day 1 and I never came across that! Thank you thank you thank you!

09-22-10 04:24 PM
    I have been using ql since day 1 and I never came across that! Thank you thank you thank you!

Hey your welcome, I'm glad I could help
    09-22-10 04:52 PM

And it even has MY favorite search engine (Yahoo!)

09-22-10 06:48 PM
    Thanks Bill, glad to see you surfing crackberry. Now get back to work and make windows suck less...
    09-22-10 06:58 PM
    Gee, I love Bing. Voice recognition of my Search is awesome and the direct links to Map or Dial resulting finds is great!
    09-23-10 10:44 AM
    Thanks Bill, glad to see you surfing crackberry. Now get back to work and make windows suck less...
    Too funny haha

09-24-10 08:47 AM
    I like real results, not what's hip. I did a comparison of the 2, and just liked Bing better. A search for cougar (a report for my son) in Google pulled down some urban dictionary crap about older women and younger men as the first result. Really? Bing got the pictures I wanted in the first result. The crap was number 2. I could use Google as the number 2 on the Google search was the animal, but why. Bing for me, and perhaps only me.
    Are u insinuating Google results are "hip", and also not "real"??
    09-24-10 04:47 PM
    Are u insinuating Google results are "hip", and also not "real"??
    He's not insinuating. Google posts results by hit count and popularity, most visited, etc. After reading this thread I decided to give Bing another try, and now that I know how it differs I can get to exactly what I want to find.
    09-24-10 11:21 PM
    He's not insinuating. Google posts results by hit count and popularity, most visited, etc. After reading this thread I decided to give Bing another try, and now that I know how it differs I can get to exactly what I want to find.
    I much prefer the results I get from Google--I've tried Bing numerous times and wonder why it exists, because for me, it gives CRAPPY search results.
    09-25-10 11:10 AM
    I much prefer the results I get from Google--I've tried Bing numerous times and wonder why it exists, because for me, it gives CRAPPY search results.
    I used to have the same sentiments up until a couple days ago; like I was saying, now that I know how they both work they give complete results between the two. Bing posts what it thinks is relevant and Google posts what's being hit most, so I don't have to re-Google when I start getting not-quite-relevant results (cuz GOD) and I can look like I actually know something instead of combing the interwebz for knowledge.
    09-25-10 11:25 AM
    You're making me want to try it, now; thanks for your anecdotes

09-27-10 05:01 AM
    Hey, competition promotes variety, and that's a good thing. If one desn't work for you, there are options. I would never offer a statement of declaration such as Bing is way better than Google, but I would allow that for me, Bing is better. Just another option for those who may feel less than satisfied with what they're using.
    09-27-10 12:17 PM
    Bing maps is more complete than Google's. Traffic based GPS is a plus over Google

09-27-10 04:36 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD