if you cannot find the "get plain text" option, you are most likely in your generic "messages" folder. To access the "get plain text" you have to be in a specific E-mail folder. ex: ****@vzw.blackberry.net
    10-23-09 12:26 PM
    if you cannot find the "get plain text" option, you are most likely in your generic "messages" folder. To access the "get plain text" you have to be in a specific E-mail folder. ex: ****@vzw.blackberry.net
    Sorry, I was in a specific email folder and I couldn't find it. I did see it pop up later when I was in an email with no links.
    10-23-09 12:38 PM
    Plain text URL issue resolved. Temporarily at least

Turned off my radio, then did a battery pull. Once powered back on they worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it only works for about 20 mins, but if you turn off the radio then do a battery pull seems to do the trick. temporarily at least...
    10-23-09 12:42 PM
    A work around (at least for me) is to use the free app called forwardreplyedit. Once installed if you open an email and the links don't work just press menu > reply & edit or forward & edit either one works. Then just close the keyboard and the links work.
    10-23-09 12:52 PM
    A work around (at least for me) is to use the free app called forwardreplyedit. Once installed if you open an email and the links don't work just press menu > reply & edit or forward & edit either one works. Then just close the keyboard and the links work.
    well it works when you're in the composing field of an email, just doesn't work for an email that's sent to you and is in your inbox...so that goes along with what you're saying....

idk why it recognizes the links for awhile then after like 20 mins it stops? that's ********....i'm doing some serious troubleshooting today...like removing all 3rd party apps and user info, wiping this piece clean, and then just resending service books...see if it works then. if not then it's an OS issue
    10-23-09 01:03 PM
    well it works when you're in the composing field of an email, just doesn't work for an email that's sent to you and is in your inbox...so that goes along with what you're saying....

idk why it recognizes the links for awhile then after like 20 mins it stops? that's ********....i'm doing some serious troubleshooting today...like removing all 3rd party apps and user info, wiping this piece clean, and then just resending service books...see if it works then. if not then it's an OS issue
    strange because i can open an email and hit the link and nothing happens like you said after 20 minutes or so. But while the email is still open if i hit menu > reply & edit and close the keyboard (just to get it out of the way) the links are active.

It has been working for me since yesterday idk.

Edit: To be clear these are emails that were sent to my inbox not ones i am composing...
    Last edited by ehall1957; 10-23-09 at 01:44 PM.
    10-23-09 01:28 PM
    Either way it appears to be a bug.
    10-23-09 01:29 PM
    I had this issue when i first loaded .230..but then it started working all on it's own.

After loading .323 ive had no issues. so long story short i dnt have this problem, but i have come across it.
    10-23-09 01:35 PM
    One other thing i noticed is that if you put the link in the subject line it seems to always work unlike when the link is in the body of the email. this at least allows you to send a link to your phone.
    Last edited by ehall1957; 10-23-09 at 01:43 PM.
    10-23-09 01:39 PM
    In the time since I last posted in spontaneously stopped working in plain text messages. Since a bat pull, it is back up...
    This isn't the issue at all. You can't "get plain text" regardless of the folder when it is already a plain text message.
    10-23-09 02:37 PM
    exactly....you only get that menu option when it's an HTML email....

the emails are already plain text, and the phone isn't recognizing the text as a URL that needs a link option to open the link in the browser...
    10-23-09 02:50 PM
    Good luck figuring this out...any chance it is a permissions thing (doesn't explain why it dies after 20 minutes or so...)?
    10-23-09 02:55 PM
    Originally Posted by Ltapilot View Post
    I too, had this issue. So I dumped .323 and went back to .232. Let's hope the "official" version of 5.0.0.xxx does not do this.

Whoa, dude. Kind of drastic IMHO to go back to .232. I went from .232 back to the hybrid on my signature and back to .323. There are work arounds. Did you read the entire thread?

Right now mine when I view it through the email. I'm not getting links in messages.
    Yep, read the whole thing. I just needed a working phone for the next few days, 230 works OK for me. Little white screen while playing video poker but that was all.

RIM and verizon are working on these things, so the next time a leak comes out I will see if it "works for me". All in all 320 was ok but I did not feel it was for me.
    10-23-09 03:16 PM
    Yep, read the whole thing. I just needed a working phone for the next few days, 230 works OK for me. Little white screen while playing video poker but that was all.

RIM and verizon are working on these things, so the next time a leak comes out I will see if it "works for me". All in all 320 was ok but I did not feel it was for me.
    Maybe you ought to give .323 a try.

Just kidding. I totally hear you, the OS that's right for you is the one you're comfortable with.
    10-23-09 03:25 PM
    Like Hook, I don't get that option either ... sounds like it may appear only if the message is html?
    If you see HTML clickon it, it will then say "get plain text" . I 'm still on .148 and looked to see what options where there and mine read get HTML. When I clicked that it switched and then said Get plain text.
    10-23-09 03:27 PM
    another interesting thing i noticed

when i updated my OS, my yahoo email icons aren't displaying the yahoo image, it just shows the generic envelope with the globe on it...the issue started when that happened...maybe the two things are related somehow?
    10-23-09 04:14 PM
    Doesn't work on my gmail either. Its definitely a device specific issue. Not able to duplicate on my friend's storm so he can't report it.

10-23-09 08:12 PM
    yeah this seems to be an issue with SMS as well...go to https://text.vzw.com/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp and try texting a link to your phone...wont seem to work with mine since update
    10-28-09 11:15 PM
    issue outlined and described in detail with screen caps

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/my...1/#post3946457
    10-29-09 12:07 AM
    Has anyone here had any luck yet? I'm desperately trying to figure this out. I like the 5.0 OS overall, but this issue is a complete showstopper for me. I get a number of forum listings each day to keep up with and right now I can't do anything with them. I saw the issue posted on the BlackBerry board too, but no answers there.

10-31-09 11:25 AM
    Has anyone here had any luck yet? I'm desperately trying to figure this out. I like the 5.0 OS overall, but this issue is a complete showstopper for me. I get a number of forum listings each day to keep up with and right now I can't do anything with them. I saw the issue posted on the BlackBerry board too, but no answers there.

I've seen several ideas to fix it but I don't think anybody really knows what exactly fixes it. I don't really know how mine got fixed. I just hit select when I was in an email and then all of a sudden it started working. Others say battery pull.

Sounds like you've read the thread. Try them all. Good luck.
    10-31-09 11:32 AM
    While it's not really a "fix" I have found the suggestion of using "Forward Reply and Edit" to be an acceptable workaround until this gets a real fix. It's a free app, so it makes a lot easier to accept to accept an extra step to get my links. I'm still not happy, but it's better than having to go backwards on the OS.
    11-01-09 07:04 AM
    Unbelievable. Suddenly I'm not getting email links again!! I feel a trip to Verizon coming on.

I didn't have a problem getting threads when sent from Crackberry so I'll subscribe to this thread again.
    11-03-09 05:54 PM
    hook,

what email provider do you use to receive your crackberry emails?
    11-03-09 05:55 PM
    hook,

what email provider do you use to receive your crackberry emails?
    Google. But so far these threadless emails are coming from one forum.
    11-03-09 05:59 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD