I received an email with link that wouldn't select. Found this as solution -- Pressed the BB key to call up the menu. I then see an option that said "Get Plain Text", clicked that and then the text was a link I could select and saw "Open Link", worked fine then.
    Last edited by Bob61; 10-22-09 at 12:10 PM.
    10-22-09 12:02 PM
    I received an email with link that wouldn't select. Press the BB key to call up the menu. I then see an option that said "Get Plain Text", clicked that and then the text was a link I could select and saw "Open Link", worked fine then.
    Yeah, I'm not getting that. However my issue, somehow, has seemed to resolve itself.

Now they are coming in as links in the email folder. No links in the message folder.

Weird.
    10-22-09 12:10 PM
    When you highlight the link and hit the BB button do you get "Open Link" as an option?
    10-22-09 12:10 PM
    When you highlight the link and hit the BB button do you get "Open Link" as an option?
    Nope. Looked for that too. I'm waiting for the next message to come in to see what that looks like. Each time it's different now.
    10-22-09 12:15 PM
    Works fine for me.
    10-22-09 12:32 PM
    no problem with links for me i have gotten a significant number of emails with links in the past day and a half and no problems...ever..??
    10-22-09 12:37 PM
    not working for me also
    10-22-09 12:50 PM
    I received an email with link that wouldn't select. Found this as solution -- Pressed the BB key to call up the menu. I then see an option that said "Get Plain Text", clicked that and then the text was a link I could select and saw "Open Link", worked fine then.
    Like Hook, I don't get that option either ... sounds like it may appear only if the message is html?
    10-22-09 01:44 PM
    the link issue doesn't impact everyone...

my friend at VZW has 3 storms, and none of them have this issue...we've not been able to duplicate the issue...and it happens in varying "severity"

some people, the links work right after a battery pull, then it stops working later...i had no problem with this in .230, but .317 and .323 both had the problem...
    10-22-09 02:13 PM
    the link issue doesn't impact everyone...

my friend at VZW has 3 storms, and none of them have this issue...we've not been able to duplicate the issue...and it happens in varying "severity"

some people, the links work right after a battery pull, then it stops working later...i had no problem with this in .230, but .317 and .323 both had the problem...
    This is the first OS that I've used out of six that it's taken periodic battery pulls to fix the same problem with an app, and then it crops back up later in the day.

Also noticed an existing SmartGuard issue that was identical to the new Google Maps program problem (before the "fix" download by paroda"... app gets stuck in Portrait mode, along with a persistent qwerty keyboard. Reboot fixes it temporarily, but it comes back sooner or later.
    10-22-09 02:21 PM
    same here...it's strange...the OS works so well, but the new issues are just downright bizarre! never seen anything like this before
    10-22-09 02:32 PM
    Is there any concrete date that we can expect an official 5.0 OS released from Verizon for the Storm? Will it be coming out around the time of the storm 2?
    10-22-09 02:41 PM
    This happens to me ALL THE TIME on 4.7.0.148.

What happens to me, is the link will NOT be click-able (although it looks click-able). If i change my screen from landscape to portrait, or vice-versa, the link becomes clickable. No battery pull or changing email to text.

This doesnt happen all the time to me. It might only actually happen in landscape.

anyways, like i said... this is happening to me on .148, so dont let it stop you from upgrading to .323. Speaking of which, i used to be obsessed with testing unofficial OS's but i haven't had any free time recently, and .230 seemed really buggy.
    10-22-09 02:44 PM
    Is there any concrete date that we can expect an official 5.0 OS released from Verizon for the Storm? Will it be coming out around the time of the storm 2?
    BINGO!

This happens to me ALL THE TIME on 4.7.0.148.

What happens to me, is the link will NOT be click-able (although it looks click-able). If i change my screen from landscape to portrait, or vice-versa, the link becomes clickable. No battery pull or changing email to text.

This doesnt happen all the time to me. It might only actually happen in landscape.

anyways, like i said... this is happening to me on .148, so dont let it stop you from upgrading to .323. Speaking of which, i used to be obsessed with testing unofficial OS's but i haven't had any free time recently, and .230 seemed really buggy.
    this is different...where .148 the link would be underlined, but it just wouldn't recognize you're clicking it, on .323 there's no underline at all...like it's not recognizing it as a URL in the message body
    10-22-09 02:58 PM
    One thing I noticed: on some emails that don't underline or recognize links, I tried BB-->More, and the links were then underlined and then clickable. I wonder if this is why some emails have active links and others don't.
    10-22-09 03:00 PM
    One thing I noticed: on some emails that don't underline or recognize links, I tried BB-->More, and the links were then underlined and then clickable. I wonder if this is why some emails have active links and others don't.
    so it seems to be an HTML issue...

i've been using the CB email alerts as the example...

when i got the email for your reply, i tried to find "more" in the BB menu list, it isn't there unless the message is truncated or not delivered entirely, such as large emails, etc...so if there is no "more" option we're SOL...

i'm gonna change my CB email settings and see what i can find there too...
    10-22-09 03:03 PM
    HMMMM, I haven't noticed a problem with links within emails, I can either highlight and click the link, or highlght, click BB button and click Open link. Works great for me.
    Same here. All links that I have received in emails work fine...
    10-22-09 03:03 PM
    I'll keep that in mind next time I see the issue. It was real strange the last time the message folder didn't have a link but the email folder did.

Also thanks patches, I'm glad to see I wasn't losing my mind.
    10-22-09 03:06 PM
    No problems for me. Clicked on several links and they took me to the correct destination.
    10-22-09 03:10 PM
    Looks like I am having similar issues as Hookbill. I have a reactivation e-mail from Smrtguard and I can't click on it no matter twhat I try. I can't see a Get link selection from the BB button, won't select if i turn portrait to landscape Nothing has been deleted during install, just ran it as dl'ed. Hummmm

Oh yea and thanks Patches for the glimmer of hope for an even better OS soon
    10-22-09 05:25 PM
    Well this is just bizarre. Running 323, I was unable to select http links in plain text e-mails (HTML e-mails weren't an issue--those links worked fine). Previous builds recognized a line of text beginning with http in a plain text e-mail as a link. After about a dozen bat pulls, all of a sudden plaint text http links are now clickable again. Guess I'll see if it holds.

BTW, the fixes proposed don't work for the plain text problem. If the e-mail is plain text, you can't use the BB button option to convert the e-mail because it isn't there, being already plain text (duh).

Since this is an issue only for forum "reply to a thread" type notifications, is you don't have those subscriptions you may never see this pop up.
    10-23-09 10:12 AM
    I too, had this issue. So I dumped .323 and went back to .232. Let's hope the "official" version of 5.0.0.xxx does not do this.
    10-23-09 10:52 AM
    I too, had this issue. So I dumped .323 and went back to .232. Let's hope the "official" version of 5.0.0.xxx does not do this.
    Whoa, dude. Kind of drastic IMHO to go back to .232. I went from .232 back to the hybrid on my signature and back to .323. There are work arounds. Did you read the entire thread?

Right now mine when I view it through the email. I'm not getting links in messages.
    10-23-09 10:56 AM
    I had the same issue with Notification emails on subscribed threads. I've done a bunch of battery pulls today and now the links work. If they stop working I'll try out some of the solutions here (I never did have a "Get Plain Text" option)

On a separate but related note (forgive me if this needs a new thread) is there any way to get the links in Subscribed thread notifications to open the mobile sites? Mine open the full site and I'd rather access the mobile site to read threads....
    10-23-09 11:06 AM
    Plain text URL issue resolved. Temporarily at least

Turned off my radio, then did a battery pull. Once powered back on they worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 12:17 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD