You guys can say the carrier has nothing to do with basic functionality on the Storm, but you're wrong. It does. The phone was designed for Verizon, for Verizon's network.

I'm glad it's working better for you now though.
    actually the folks at bb tech support told me that the basic functions of the phone have nothing to do with what carrier it is on... the only things that would depend on the carrier are apps that depend on data transmission... especially ones that use a large amount of data like slacker. the phone its self runs exactly the same no matter what carrier it is on... just like you could pull your sim card out or have one that is not activated and all of the main functions of the phone would still work.

So, it does NOT matter what carrier you are on... that is right from the horses mouth(that's BB)

By the way, it has been running flawlessly for the past couple of days.
    02-16-09 09:32 PM
    I would have to disagree. I have the storm and I had my launch one replaced with my current one. I have not had any problems with this current storm it is solid build. Also I am on the leaked .103-.109 hybrid and it is stable. I am running the android theme and I tell you what it is rock stable and there is hardly any lag just my two cents.
    02-23-09 02:43 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD