I have tried all of the available os's out there, and none of them are anything near stable. I love the idea of it, but for now the available software out there and it all sucks... anyone else have these feelings or am I the only one. I miss my bold.
    02-14-09 03:35 PM
    Sure you are not alone but I'm loving the new os's that keep getting released. Have had mine since release date and it keeps getting better and better!!
    02-14-09 03:48 PM
    Im running .103, pretty stable for me. Love the Storm, miss the physical keyboard every now and then, but the good outweighs the bad for me with the 9530.
    02-14-09 03:49 PM
    in due time sir...in due time....you've waited this long honestly...why give up now.

March is on the horizon and its a GUARENTEE that everything will be perfect by the time the application store will come out.
    02-14-09 03:49 PM
    I tried 103 and t was a disaster. Couldn't get radio to work at all. It might that I'm using it on att.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 03:51 PM
    Ok, when I loaded the .103, it kept going from the edge to EDGE thing.. I fixed that, then I couldn�t get the ATT generic service books to load. I ended up wiping everything, and removing all installs from my computer. Then reloaded the 3v hybrid. I was finally able to get everything to work again, but it is ridiculously unstable. I have had to do 4 battery pulls today alone. It either locks up completely or random stuff stops working� messenger, the camera, the video recorder, etc. I just want everything to work right.
    02-14-09 03:58 PM
    Ok, when I loaded the .103, it kept going from the edge to EDGE thing.. I fixed that, then I couldn’t get the ATT generic service books to load. I ended up wiping everything, and removing all installs from my computer. Then reloaded the 3v hybrid. I was finally able to get everything to work again, but it is ridiculously unstable. I have had to do 4 battery pulls today alone. It either locks up completely or random stuff stops working… messenger, the camera, the video recorder, etc. I just want everything to work right.
    Then use it on Verizon.

Obviously it is going to have a lot more issues when using it with a different carrier than what it is mean to be used on. Uunlocked or not, there will more than likely always be an issue when using a CDMA world phone on a US GSM network.
    02-14-09 04:20 PM
    cant do a CDMA carrier... I switch phones way too much for that ball and chain.
    02-14-09 04:21 PM
    Then use it on Verizon.
    I agree, I couldn't do without 3g anyway..
    OP, I wish you the best luck with your findings.
    02-14-09 04:21 PM
    Haha, so does att... Just not on this thing.

02-14-09 05:18 PM
    Good luck anyway. There are plenty of great phones out there. A lid for every pot!

02-14-09 05:20 PM
    I started removing apps to see if any difference was made, and after i deleted slacker and did a battery pull, this thing has come alive... anyone else see any issues with slacker? I think it might be that slacker really needs the 3g to run properly and since i didnt have it, it was just making the whole device lag... any thoughts?
    02-14-09 05:52 PM
    you're using the phone in a way it wasn't intended to be used (designed for use on vz, but bootlegged to atteehee) and you're upset about it? go figure.

oh well. what will you do now? why not the bold or curve?
    02-14-09 06:57 PM
    If you used it on Verizon, it would work better. It was designed for Verizon's CDMA network, not AT&T's GSM.

Personally if it were me, I would go back to a phone that was made to work with my carrier.
    02-14-09 07:00 PM
    Basic functionality doesn't depend on what carrier is on... If I wanted it to be a pain in the *** to switch phones when I feel like it, I would go to horizon... I like being able to pull my sim and move on.

EDIT>>>
    BTW, I have a bold and a curve already, and I do switch back to the bold once in a while, but the curve is pretty much a back up only at this point...
    Last edited by Mightyjohn; 02-14-09 at 07:08 PM.
    02-14-09 07:06 PM
    It was designed to work on the verizon network, NONE other. What part of that don't you understand? AND if the changing of phones and sims is a priority, you should stick with what works...AT&T is your only major choice...
    02-14-09 07:19 PM
    Basic functionality doesn't depend on what carrier is on...
    Uh...yes it does. AT&T doesn't provide service books for the 9530, so that should be a pretty clear indication that nobody ever intended for this phone to be used on a North American GSM carrier. It's a bonus that this phone had quad-band GSM, and an even bigger one that there's a way to get the service books. Basic functionality depends entirely what carrier you're on; especially when the radio technologies are completely different. Why do you think in the past we've seen three different iterations of the same BlackBerry?
    02-14-09 07:38 PM
    Three little letters cause all the problems .... ATT. Lol. I was on cingular and when they were bought out I caught out. Lol. The only thing they have is the sim cards. But they do no good when the service is crap.

02-14-09 08:17 PM
    I will say that ATT's customer service blows! the coverage though is great, and the 4g on my bold wish stupid fast. Also, after I deleted Slacker, this thing is smooth as butter. I reinstalled it and and it i still smooth, I think i had a bad install that was wrecking my phone.
    02-14-09 08:27 PM
    I have my Storm on T Mobile and no issues at all. I would not switch back to Verizon to save my life. My wife has the new Curve 8900 and I love this thing way more. It is like my iPhone and a BlackBerry had a baby. It is sweet.
    02-14-09 08:34 PM
    Lol. So this is the line the Storm fanboys are using now. Anyway dude I'm using an unlocked Storm on a GSM carrier as well and 103 was nothing but problems. I was just posting in another thread and the damn Storm froze. Pulled out my 8900 out of mt pocket and see worked flawlessly. Like a BlackBerry should

02-14-09 08:40 PM
    I have my Storm on T Mobile and no issues at all. I would not switch back to Verizon to save my life. My wife has the new Curve 8900 and I love this thing way more. It is like my iPhone and a BlackBerry had a baby. It is sweet.
    Thats pretty much how I feel about my phone. I had an iphone and my bold and I kept going back and fourth. Mow with the storm, its like they "made it". I was with t-mo before att, and I really miss the customer service with tmo, they are the best. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps running how it is now.
    02-14-09 08:42 PM
    It is sure the line I am using. Yeah hopefully it keeps working, I am running .90 and am debating on changing to .99. Yeah I had AT&T before but was dropping calls in my house. Good Luck man
    02-14-09 08:48 PM
    You guys can say the carrier has nothing to do with basic functionality on the Storm, but you're wrong. It does. The phone was designed for Verizon, for Verizon's network.

I'm glad it's working better for you now though.
    02-15-09 12:36 PM
    I have a suggestion. Just to see what the real beta testers are looking at wipe out all third party software and just run the phone as .103. No slacker, viigo etc. I did that and founf the thing running damn smooth. No restarts vsod and minimal lag. Not much fun I know but these bates are often not meant to be run with third party software especially those things that run in the background

02-15-09 01:37 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD